Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Aria Syncing Issues - 01/07/2021

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. 

We are aware that Aria users are encountering an issue when trying to sync. Our Team is investigating the situation and we hope to bring you all back on track very soon. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We will post more information here when we have an update.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
224 REPLIES 224

I am having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent in the logs that were generated when I tried to use the old setup app.

They indicate that it is a server issue on your end. 

(personal info redacted, emphasis added) 

-----------------------------SUMMARY:-----------------------------

Date/time stamp: 2021-01-06 20:12:47
Error Code: Server didn't confirm Scale pairing.
Error Type: Issue related to fitbit.com communication.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (build 19042), 64-bit
Client Version: 1.0.4.175
Aria SSID: Aria Axxxxx

Network SSID: xxxxxxxxxx
Encryption type: WPA2PSK (AES)
Wireless Mode: 802.11n

Active Networks:
Wi-Fi

Inactive Networks:
Ethernet
Local Area Connection* 1
Local Area Connection* 2

Best Answer

Great work lissakay! Good detective work. It's almost too much of a coincidence that so many of us experienced issues all at the same time.

Best Answer

Hello everybody! Good news! I 've been informed that the situation got solved. You should be able to sync your Aria again. 

Thank you for patience and your feedback. 

Let me know how it goes.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Well I'll be dipped. It works now. 

Server back online? 

P.S. FYI - 20+ years of IT/database/server troubleshooting and break/fix experience. Always go for the logs first.

P.S. 2 Y'all hiring? 

Best Answer

I can confirm it is working and syncing again for me. 

Good work everyone for making a bit of noise to get the attention this needed.

And it would be nice next time if Fitbit can send out the comms as soon as you find out there is an issue at your end. It would have saved everyone here a lot of time and anguish.

Touch wood there is no next time!

Best Answer

I'm going to take a wild, but educated guess - 

Someone left an open tran on the database and it locked up the server. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all good now - 2 hours of trying to reset and came close to ordering new 🙁. Thanks to the forum for pushing this issue 👍

Best Answer

@lissakay wrote:

I'm going to take a wild, but educated guess - 

Someone left an open tran on the database and it locked up the server. 

I blame Cloudflare and complacency, along with cheap labour...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now also syncing... pleased it is sorted but very disappointed with Fitbit’s response to me earlier suggesting I buy replacement scales. 

Best Answer

i have tried twice now to step thru the fitbit.com/scale/setup/start and i keep getting SYNC ERR. No Joy. Please let me know wha else to try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria is still not syncing same issues as yesterday will not connect to the network. I am in Hong Kong.

Another day more time spent with fitbit malfunctioning products and on message boards and to a incompetent, undertrained and incapacitated service team.

The cynic in me says they intended to no longer support this product however stupidly actioned it during January in lockdown when everyone is focused on diet and health. So there was a backlash. 

After this no longer planning to get anymore products after 6 years. Going to get Withing scales and look at watches and port all my stats to Apple health. I am still waiting on fixes for Ionic outages in the last few months. A lot more options are now available since fitbit came on the market and I don’t see it lasting longterm with the current strategy of sell poor quality and give bad support. 

Best Answer

Okay, twice with my laptop failed to sync. I then tried using my iPhone and success. I don’t understand why the laptop didn’t work, as it is wifi only but at least it is functional.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like it's working for me now too. Thank you!

Best Answer

Mine is also now working - used my phone. Laptop and Ipad would not connect for some reason.

Best Answer
Ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really?  I have been having trouble synching my Aria for all the years I have owned it!

Nothing but trouble anytime I have to change the network. Moving? Have fun. Expect to have months of frustration, cursing and wanting to throw your Aria out the window!

Seriously, you people need to fix this problem. It's a joke. I will be looking at another company soon if you don't fix this problem, and my pricey Versa 3 will follow my Aria out the window.

Susan 

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Ok thanks I will try now!

I sent all my data to Apple Health it is good but doesn’t collect theOxygen saturation. Good luck with new watch, I am pondering too!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was my issue today too, from the post above it looks like they may be experiencing technical issues. I tried everything and nothing worked until I replaced the batteries in my scale and it is now working fine! In the process of trying different things I did remove my device from my account removed the batters, push the pin hole at the back and replaced the batteries! I also emptied my cache from my phone prior to setup and rebooted my modem. 

I hope this helps others! 

Best Answer

crazy, I weighed yesterday and it worked. Then my husband go on to weigh about 10 minutes after me, it wouldn't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes