Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Aria to Factory Settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to reset the Aria to Factory settings so it forgets the current WiFi network?

I have done everything to try and get my Aria to sync with my Fitbit app but when trying to connect to the Aria WiFi - my device connects but then when clicking 'I'm connected' the connection fails.

I would like to remove my WiFi from the Aria to see if that will let me set it up like a new scale again.

Thanks

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75
Mine is fine now. Did take a few times to reconnect.
Cheers
Vicki
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Moet2018 That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hi, I followed these steps, and as soon as I put the paperclip into the little whole my display went black and now my Aria won't turn on at all.... I have taken batteries out... tried brand new batteries...  seems like it's completely dead for some reason.  Does anyone have any advice?

Best Answer

@amanda8905 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale became unresponsive after pushing the hole with a paperclip. We don't recommend pushing the hole since doing so several times may damage the scale.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has turned out helpful: Take out the batteries and clean the contacts of the scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contacts may accumulate. Finally, try a new set of batteries and see if your scale comes back to life.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo,  

Thanks for your reply.  I only pushed the hole once and then it went black, and I had seen that method got a number of votes and was recommended on this thread.  I was attempting to get my Aria to forget my network so that I could try relinking it, but now I'm afraid that following the advice on this thread has put me into a worse situation as my aria appears completely dead now 😞  

I tried doing what you suggested and cleaning the contacts of the scale and brand new batteries, it still is not turning on.  Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for helping me out, 

-Amanda

Best Answer

@amanda8905 Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned above! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try pushing the little hole as suggested above and now I have no display....Nothing.  changes the batteries...Nothing.  This scale has been a pain.  Suggestions?  Other scales...

Best Answer

@chester14 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is still unresponsive even though you've tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. Due this, I'll send your case to our Support department and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

This scale has been nothing but problem. On the occasion it has worked I have loved it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chester14 You are very welcome and I'm really sorry about the issues that your Aria scale experienced. Thank you for your feedback.

Don't hesitate to get back if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently moved and could not change the WiFi Network, my scale even ran out of battery due to the amount of times that I tried to change it following the instructions....so, with new batteries on I followed the advice to push the hole with a needle and it worked at the first try. Please if you do not recommend pushing that hole, which solution would you suggest? I can see I was not the only one having this kind of problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I pushed the hole and now nothing works.  Have been in contact with support and there is no repair...no solution...no loyalty support for an upgrade to aria 2.  I am REALLY disappointed with FitBit as Aria has never really worked.Sent from Marilyn's Samsung Galaxy
Best Answer

@ElisaZ Welcome aboard to the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear about the setup difficulties you experienced with your Aria. However, I'm glad to hear that you managed to get it set up after pushing the button. I believe that there was a little glitch in the Aria. However, we don't recommend pushing the button often since it might damage the scale at some point.

Please don't hesitate to get back if you see something unusual.

@chester14 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is no longer under warranty. I know how you feel about this and your feedback is greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes same happened to me Chester.  And then I get this ridiculous email that I'm out of warranty which is TOLD them in the first place.  Honestly getting any sort of help from this company is impossible.  I pushed the hole in the back ONCE... Not more than once.... And that's what broke mine.

You guys from fitbit need to delete that solution from this forum if you don't want ppl doing that.  Worst customer service I've ever had.  Warning to others don't buy that scale. 

Best Answer
I'm with you Amanda.  And the consumer is left with nothing.  All because we bought a flawed product.  They have no loyalty program and no support whatsoever.  I love my fitbit but am now looking at other options.  I need a company that supports its consumers.Sent from Marilyn's Samsung Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

none of these supposed solutions worked for me! What a run around and a major waste of time!

Best Answer

My first Aria 2 lost its connection after a few months. After several hours with tech support, they decided to replace it. (January 20 2019) Fast forward to March 7 and it no longers syncs. I have tried and tried to get it back online. Every once and a while it finds it but then it won't load the wifi. Nothing has changed on our system.  It even finds the scale and then when you have to enter the 4 digit code it disappears and says ....Is your Aria 2 powered on. Then it finds it again and then poof its gone again. (windows app)  On the iphone it gets to the point where you enter the Network and password, then it wont connect. FItbit....there has to be something wrong here as so many people are having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very unhappy with the moderator. It’s all fine telling the user not to reset with the hole as this is not what it is for and often damages the scales. Guess what, because you didn’t take down the duff advice about resetting through that hole, that’s what I did and now scales unresponsive aka “bricked”. If people are giving advice that damages the scales you should be removing those comments so others don’t follow the advice. 

The moderator seems to be pretty responsive so please get back in touch with me before I fling this set of scales over the fence, having moved into a new build housing development it’s a building site so someone else can take care of disposing of this £100 piece of junk which you guys made possible by putting what most people think is a factory reset hole in the base of the device which by your own admission, damages the scales. D’uh. Heard of UX Design? Livid. 

Best Answer

Went through 2 Aria scales in less than 1 year. They replaced the first one as it stopped connecting. The second one lasted about 3 months and then it stopped working. Gave up on this product completely and bought the Withings. It connects to the Fitbit. Anyone want 2 scales that won't connect! Give up and move on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. this bricks youe scales as confirmed by the moderator if you continue reading the thread and not assuming the accepted solution has been vetted by the moderators. if it had, they’d deleted it. retarded they dont take down duff advice that damages your scales if followed. weve gor youtube for that. 

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer