Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Aria to Factory Settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to reset the Aria to Factory settings so it forgets the current WiFi network?

I have done everything to try and get my Aria to sync with my Fitbit app but when trying to connect to the Aria WiFi - my device connects but then when clicking 'I'm connected' the connection fails.

I would like to remove my WiFi from the Aria to see if that will let me set it up like a new scale again.

Thanks

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75

Would have been nice if Fitbit would have told us there were other options...ie Withings.

I would agree.  We go to this site for advice.  After all it is a Fitbit site and should be moderated by fitbit.MSent from Marilyn's Samsung Galaxy

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit won't do anything. They clearly want you to break your scale so that you have to buy a new one.  Why else wouldnt they take this advice of pushing the hole off.  

And why does that hole exist in the first place?  They should be standing by their product and they aren't, clearly for a reason cuz it's garbage. 

Best Answer

After a few hours of messing around trying to get my Aria-2 onto my new WiFi network...  problem is now solved.  Turned out to be simple.

My new WiFi network was set (by default) to WPA2 security.  When I enabled WPA2 & WPA, my Aria2 was able to connect successfully.        

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with Fitbit.  Was told that it is broken and they offered free shipping on a new one but on their website there is free shipping for all purchases over $50.  no deal at all.  While I love my Fitbit charge 2, (still under warranty). If anything breaks down in it I will not be making further purchases of Fitbit products.  With this level of customer service Fitbit will not just be losing customers,they are pushing them away.

Lucky you to get replacement.  Once 365 days have passed there policy is that we should buy a new one. It is rather expensive as a yearly price.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having this issue. I am finding it incredibly frustrating. I go to connect to the scale, add the wifi info > it goes to activating mode, then goes back into active set up. Over and over again. What can I do to fix it?

Best Answer
You can call Fitbit but chances are they will just tell you the sensor is
gone so you should buy new device. No discount but they will give free
express shipping. Mine was just two and half years old. Parts are not
available nor is any reliable service. I bought a different scale, I am
totally disappointed with Fitbit, it appears that their goal is to get
people to continually replace product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your issue may be different.  My problem was resolved after I enabled BOTH WPA and WPA2 in my home WIFI access point.   Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found this video very helpful in re-setting myn Aria Scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=32&v=D7Q5FvHHPJo&feature=emb_logo

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMO - Fitbit wins the award for the flakiest software I've ever seen in any product!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry you are having trouble. I had a lot of trouble getting my Aria2 onto new wifi network after we moved. But after getting help from this forum, I finally got it to work. It has worked flawlessly since then. I am happy with it now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

like many others on this thread, I have gone through all the instructions multiple times and still end up with the "WIFI ERR" message on the scale at the end. It is crazy how hard it is to change the wifi network the scale is connected to. I'm out of ideas

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told that my sensor was gone and that i needed to purchase a new
Aria. Because it was out of warranty all they would offer was free
shipping, which is standard on anything over $50.
Given that my Aria was less than three years old, the price did not warrant
buying a replacement Aria. I found another make at a much cheaper price
which works fine. Meanwhile my Fitbit Charge 3 started to malfunction.
Fortunately, it started having problems on the last day of warranty so i
did get a replacement. While I like fitbit products, the price point is a
bit high to expect to have to replace them every 13 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too found it impossible to reset after needing to change router. Just attempted to do this reset but after the putting a paper clip in the hole described in the back a second time after the first time failed to work, the Aria died. It will no longer turn on at all. Before trying this it at least worked as a scale while no longer communicating with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing the same problem.  Scale was working fine and then we changed the batteries and since then all we can get is 'Sensing Thinking Err' Has a solution been found?  What is it?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. It was trashed after trying suggestions too many times. Purchased Aria2.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told that the sensor was faulty and since aria was more than 1 year
old, out of warranty. There are apparently no serviceable parts so I was
offered free shipping if I purchased a new model at full market price.
Given the price and that the scale was less than three years old, I decided
that a new aria was not an option. I bought another brand for a much lower
price. The short lifespan of Fitbit products makes it hard to stay loyal
to fitbit products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to figure out something that helped me get my Aria set up after many failed attempts to re-connect it to my Fitbit account. It appears that the app and my phone proactively save settings that may unintentionally prevent an easy reconnection.

Before beginning, I made sure that I removed any semblance of the aria on my Fitbit Account. I then put the Scale in setup mode by doing the steps below:

1. remove a battery to turn it off,
  2. put the battery back in after 30 seconds (I wanted to make sure it was completely powered off)
  3. put the scale rightside up and on a hard surface
  4. wait for the device to show the default wireless network it has in its memory
  5. tap the lower right hand quarter of the footplate to tell the device you want to enter "Setup Mode" 

I then proceeded to set up a new device using the Fitbit App. During the setup process, you are prompted to connect to the Aria's signal in your wifi settings. I found that it was helpful for me to select that signal, and then "Forget" it. This seemed to clear out any outdated settings that may have been saved regarding its connection to the app. After forgetting the Aria wifi choice and reselecting it again, my phone prompted me about whether I wanted to remain connected to Aria even though it didn't have access to the internet. I choose to remain connected (and I did NOT select the option to remember my choice), and the setup worked within seconds!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Taking the battery out and starting over with a new wifi really worked, The needle did nothing. I recently moved and had no idea the new wifi had to be reset. thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced the batteries and it would not allow me to reset, and kept
giving error message so that it ceased to even work as a stand alone
scale. Given the price, the scale should have lasted more than two years.
I replaced it with a much more reasonably priced brand which works. It may
not link to my Fitbit charge III but I can live with that. I am so
disappointed with the short life of Fitbit products and no service
options. Once the year is up, no warranty, so they suggest recycle and buy
a new one. This is not only hard on the budget but bad for the
environment.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this. Immediately upon inserting the needle, the display went dark. Now the Aria doesn't seem to want to work at all -- after removing/replacing the battery the display is still dark (I've tried this multiple times, no joy). Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes