Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Aria to Factory Settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to reset the Aria to Factory settings so it forgets the current WiFi network?

I have done everything to try and get my Aria to sync with my Fitbit app but when trying to connect to the Aria WiFi - my device connects but then when clicking 'I'm connected' the connection fails.

I would like to remove my WiFi from the Aria to see if that will let me set it up like a new scale again.

Thanks

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75

Just called support. Their response? My device is out of warranty, so they will do nothing. After I followed the steps recommended ON THE FITBIT SUPPORT SITE, my device is now non-functional, and Fitbit is assuming no - zero - responsibility for providing really bad guidance. I am a very unhappy camper at the moment!

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I reset mine, it kept saying error (I think - it’s been a while). They had worked perfectly well until I updated the wireless connection.
After numerous conversations with Fitbit, they replaced the scales, even though they were out of warranty.

Regards
Rowena

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was there a resolve for this issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a similar experience. My Aria would not allow me to change the wifi and would not synch. I took a battery out. No help. tried to push the hole in the back to reset and everything went dark. Changed the batteries, cleaned the contacts, No luck. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up trashing mine.Disappointing.  No support from Fitbit.Sent from Marilyn's Samsung Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit replaced it.  Even though it was out of warranty I suspect it was still covered by Australian Consumer Law so we got lucky.  New Aria is a lot better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lucky you. I bought a different make. I was willing to overlook inability
to sync but then it stopped functioning as a scale. Frustrated with Fitbit
lack of respect for consumer. Just because the warranty is for one year,
it still should last longer. In these days of trying to protect the
environment short lived disposable electronics should be banned!
Best Answer

My Aria was eating up my battery every 15 days 6 months ago. Support was not helpful as out of warranty.

Like Apple who was asked to replace battery free of charge by court, they should be asked to replace even if out of warranty.

These tech hardware companies want you to buy their newer products every two years by updating the software so your scale, watch, iPhone and iPad go slow or do not sync or work. If they cannot sell new, they will go out of business!

Anyway, I tried to fix battery problem by resetting to factory reset but it kept coming up with WiFi error for number of times although it was connecting tomAria WiFi.

I left the Aria without battery for more than 10 minutes and pressed reset few times.

I than tried set up and hey presto it connected.

I hope this helps you and others.

PS.

Today after rebooting the WiFi router, Aria had lost connection and same problem of ERR.

However,after number of tries as stated above, managed to connect again.

Good luck.

See my solution just posted

How old was your Aria exactly?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure, but I think we bought it in 2014 or 2015. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could carbon copy your experience with customer service even the asking for a discount, and I thought it was because I’m a Scotsman 😀

4 pages of the same problem all over the world shows that it is not fit for purpose and although it has a two year guarantee it is one of the most expensive scales

i bought a set of Salter scales yesterday with Bluetooth and more functions for £20 or $25 and it has a 15yr warranty, it talks to my iPhones and Android phones though google app and worked as it should

Fitbit should be embarrassed at all these common complaints and lack of help from customer services, not the agents fault as they tried to be so helpful and polite 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, having inserted a pin to reset the scales - it bricked them. Scales are dead in the water and no longer do anything. 

REALLY BAD ADVICE GUYS! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed the name and password of my aria and I’ve made a new account on Fitbit to try get it connected again it just won’t connect no matter what I do. Reset it took batteries out same message comes up Wi-Fi ERR I am fed up of having to keep setting it up now be aswell getting rid of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria doesn’t have a hole to reset it tried all night to reset but can’t do it it is the first scale out there

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator - please bring attention to another problem people seem to have issues with which is the ERR message. There is a thread started for days and no attention from Fitbit - frustrated and I am not the only one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@UNDER20CARBS wrote:

Moderator - please bring attention to another problem people seem to have issues with which is the ERR message. There is a thread started for days and no attention from Fitbit - frustrated and I am not the only one 

Please note this is a user community. If you need help directly from Fitbit you need to contact support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I had trouble migrating my Aria to a new wifi network, Fitbit support was not very helpful. This user community helped a little. I did manage to get my Aria into the new network after a few days of trial and error. I learned one lesson from my effort: no more Fitbit products for me. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes