Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my kid with the snowflake / butterfly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

we have the aria 2 for 4 weeks and it is doing great in tracking myself and my wife through Fitbit.

every other day my 6 year old kid asks if I can make the snowflake or butterfly appear when she is stepping on the scale.

she does not have a Fitbit, she does not have an email account. Can somebody point out to me how I can set this up?

you will help make a kid happy - thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Phil777 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding your question about the Aria 2 being used by your kid, I'm afraid to tell you that the Aria 1 or Aria 2 are not intended for use by children under the age of 10 since the Aria uses bio-impedance in order to measure a user's weight.

Please check out the page number 1 of the Aria manual for more information about the Aria scale warning.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

thanks for the answer. The current used for bioimpedance is too low to do any harm.

Let’s assume I am asking again the same question in 4 years with a 10 year old kid that is good to stand on the scale but still has no Fitbit device on her own. Yet I can create an email for the purpose of setting her up if needed. What would be the procedures to set her up to become the snowflake or butterfly in such a hypothetical scenario?

this should be easier!

thank you,

philip

Best Answer
0 Votes