Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly wifi connection stopt setup gives wifi err message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit aria scale worked fine for 5 years connected to my wifi, but suddenly connection error.

i tried to connect again, it sees the network (messages: saving, connecting to wifi) but than gives WIFI ERR and goes back to SETUP ACTIVE. 
i moved the scale close to the router, retried several times from different ipads. No succes.

really no clue how to get it to work again. As far as I know nothing changed in my setup.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Anything change with your wifi?  New router?  Sometimes original Aria won't connect to newer wifi protocols.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, nothing changed as far as I know. Same router, same provider, no changes. Also, no problems for 5 years. Always worked fine. 
In the setup mode the scale seems to try to connect. Saving data (I guess password for wifi) and says “connecting” but than comes back with WIFI ERR and goes back to setup active mode.

i started this reconnecting business when I noticed that my data was not synchronized and I saw on the scale a sign for wifi with a x indicating no wifi.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It just worked Sept. 1st for me. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. No wifi connectivity. 

Best Answer

I am having the same exact problem. Can someone at Fitbit assist?

Best Answer

My Aria Ii is doing the same last two days. Reboot wifi both days.   Information on new weigh-in is in the app but it won't pick up Aria weigh-in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changed the batteries and can weigh in and it syncs to my phone but keeps saying setup active 

Best Answer
0 Votes
We finally got ours working! Turned on and off the Bluetooth and finally
got it listed there. Then tried a couple more times reinstalling the scale.
I read that Fitbit did a big upgrade recently and maybe it finally
connected with the scale.
Best Answer
0 Votes