Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“THINKING > ERR” Message on Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria 2 batteries drained so I replaced the batteries, all good, life again. But! When I step on it it says thinking and then ‘ERR’ Then goes off again. What can I do? It was pretty pricey as weighing scales go and I’ve had it about 18 months. I’ve read a couple of threads and the prognosis doesn’t seem good, but thought I’d post here in case anyone had success?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@carolinemcdonal welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm happy to assist you with your Aria 2 since it's displaying a "Thinking ERR" message.

By reviewing the error message that you mentioned above, I assume that you have an Aria 1 since this message has happened to this scale. Please check out this post which lists the differences between the Aria 1 and Aria 2 and let me know which one you have.

In the meantime, try restarting your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row in order to re-calibrate your scale. Make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface and you are standing on it barefoot.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Aria 1. I have the same problem with an ERR message. I removed a battery for about 15 seconds and reinserted it. Have done that on three occasions. No change. I get the messages of wifi and internet name, etc. Then I step on, it tells me when to step off, then thinking, then the same ERR.

Anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue and have done all the things listed and I have also had two other fit bit devices go out after a year POOR quality - $129 device with a one year warranty- that was a sign of not much confidence in your products - too many others out there more dependable 

Best Answer

I have understood from other posts that the reason is a very flimsy piece of plastic in a sensor inside the scale. I opened mine and it was indeed broken. This, given the number of people having the same problem is a design error. Fitbit probably saved a few cents per scale on using too weak components. 

At least I will NEVER touch a Fitbit product again. 

Best Answer