Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap to change wifi setting on scales...tap what?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

cant load configure the aria, after reading help formums that I too used a extender to originally load settings, to change settings im asked to "tap". Ive been tapping but it turns itself off.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

You need to have the scales on a hard surface and step on then with the weight of a foot. Tapping with a hand will not suffice.

After reseting my Aria and then linking it to the primary wi-fi source, NOT a wi-fi extender, I used my Iphone to link the two and it now works.

Best Answer

This was definitely THE answer. Tapping on the scale didn't work to get it to enter setup. 

Thanks!

Marie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. All it did was weigh me.

Best Answer

@wjmiller132 It's great to see you in the Community! I would like to follow up and would like to know if you were able to set up your Aria scale or if still need help with the "tap to change" step of the setup process.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I have just attemted to change the wifi on my Aria, but when i gave it a tap with my foot, all it did was weigh me. Please help!

Jakey

Best Answer

I am having a simimlar issue.  Any way I tap nothing happens ither than the weighing process continues.  Has anyone found what / how to tap?  Do I stand on the scale and tap with on e foot, or stopp off the scale and tapp with my foot?  Other?

Best Answer

@JakeyC It's great to see you aboard in the Community and thanks for joining us @TAK61! Please take a look at Matthew's post, which includes great tips that will help you to know how to tap your Aria scale.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whoever was the UX designer they should find them and fire them immediately 

Best Answer

@cicorias Thanks for joining us in this thread! I really appreciate your feedback and comments in regards the UX. I would like to follow up and would like to know more details about the issue you are experiencing with your Aria scale since I'd like to help in order to turn that bad experience into a good experience.

Catch ya later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope Everyone on the Aria UX Design Team has the Day they Deserve!  #FAIL

ps.  I'm not any Stranger's 'Friend.'  Those from FitBit who might respond to this are welcome to call me Mr. Westra or Sir.

Best Answer

I honestly don't know how any reasonable human could question the fact that the UX is horrible. You should really actually try your product and ensure you're being empathetic about your end-users. Not taking it from a perspective of having done it 10 times a day. This is rare scenario, but the UX was done in a way that makes it so complicated and difficult to trigger. It's really a basic scenario, but undoubtedly you've done no real user testing.

Best Answer

I seriously thinks it's a bot. I read the same exact replies on completely different threads. 

Best Answer

In case you guys did not figure it out yet, you have to step on and off quickly when it says to tap.  

Sorry, but that’s not great communication, better wording would have avoided this mess altogether.

Best Answer

Same here 3+ years later...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it says Tap ....... A better way to do it is just hold the aria on your lap.....using both hands press the two hinges at the the bottom with your fingers and placing your thumb on the scale (just like pinching) for 2 seconds only

Best Answer

Thanks for posting these instructions..
Frankly - I can't understand why Fitbit/Aria would use the word "Tap" when they mean "Press the two lower corners"

Idiots!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TexJD58 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! I want to follow up and would like to know if your Aria scale could be set up or is your scale unable to sync? If the issue persists, please let me know if you get any error message.

@TALHA Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Thank you also for sharing some tips in order to set up the Aria scale. I'm sure this will help other users that experience the same issue.

@NYCmariposa Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I appreciate your feedback and comments about the way the sensors need to be pressed. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the most ridiculous setup Ive seen.  Been trying to change the WiFi for several hours no with no luck.  Complete waste of time.  I’m done with FitBit

Best Answer

@DrivingMeCrazy It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the setup difficulties you've experienced with your Aria scale. I want to follow up on this and would like to know a couple of details that will help me to assist you properly: Is your Aria displaying any error message during the setup process? Have you made other changes to your WiFi (router, router settings or WiFi password?) What is the make and model of your router.

In the meantime, make sure that you are following the setup process as is described in this help article.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes