Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Changing WiFi on Aria

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep trying to re-setup my Aria to new WiFi. I get all the way to the step where it has you remove batteries from the scale and tap to put it in Setup Active mode. However, my computer doesn't recognize the step as being accomplished. Each time I hit Next, it shows the same instructions to remove batteries, but the scale is already in Setup Active mode. How do I move on to continue syncing? 

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Step 5, I still have "step on" message! Help !

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Anna_h_05 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear about the "Step On" message that your Aria scale keeps displaying. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got fixed.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm connected the the aria WiFi on my phone but it doesnt get past the "active setup" screen and on my phone it just gets to connect with no success

Best Answer

This a common problem. A way to success is make sure you are 2.4 Ghz on your WIFI. Not a shared WIFI of 2.4 Ghz & 5 Ghz but just 2.4 Ghz. It will work like a dream when connected this way. I spent nearly a month finding my way around this and 2.4 Ghz is the key.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue...my old router finally went out and I had to replace it, now I have a shared 2.4-5 ghz router, how do I disable the 5ghz function?  I'm not exactly happy with that option because I paid a good deal of money for this new router and everything else I have works on either bandwidth....however, I also paid a good deal of money for this scale which is now useless unless I disable the 5ghz portion of my router...really a DUMB design!  I've tried numerous times to change my network info to no avail, it simply does not "find" my network although at one point the scale did read "networks detected" but the app on my computer would not let me input my network info/password which I know I need to do for it to work...SUPER frustrated right now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an old router which was both 2.4 & 5 GHz. I gave this another name so I could spot it easy. I also disabled 5 GHz. I restarted my system and the scales connected straight away. They do not like a shared WIFI signal.

In my example I had an old router from my provider Plus Net, which I bought back into service and it worked very well.

Could this be a possible solution?

Good luck noldham

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

My WiFi upgraded & changed passwords. So I am trying to change my Aria 2 that is less than 1 year old. I removed the battery for 10 seconds. The only message I get when I turn it back over is v27.2 then it goes black. I have tried tapping the tight & left & I get feet to be weighed. If I get on the sale it does not recognize me & I still have not been able to change the password after more that 12 attempts. 
it should not be this difficult when I paid so much for this sale so it could sinc to our fitbit apps. 
completely frustrated 😖 & disappointed 😠in the lack of user friendly devices especially since you have now sold out to google 🙁. I need this stupid device to work  correctly & easily. 

Best Answer

Come on, don't get angry - get even!

I would suggest you make sure you have the latest version of the app. Take the battery out for 20 minutes. You are basically starting from scratch.  I assume your wifi is providing the same signal as before it changed, ie 2.4 Ghz?

Let me know

Mike

Best Answer
I changed from the 5G to non 5G wifi & it finally worked except it still does not recognize me & pits Nd as guest do it did not sinc to my phone

Judi
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have a router attached to the internet, it either produces a signal of 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz or a mixture of both. I have found from experience you have to be set to 2.4 Ghz.  I am not sure what you mean 5G as that is a mobile signal.

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've recently changed wifi and have followed the steps outlined.  I've got to the part where I look for Aria on my phone's wifi and clicked on the webpage.  My Aria just says Setup Active and the webpage just says connecting.  I've tried this multiple times now without success.  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Hello:

I had this. I trashed the app. Shut down & restarted my phone. Downloaded the app again. I removed the battery from the scales & left it that way for 20 minutes. Then put everything back again. Long winded but it worked for me! Good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks mikegunill but sadly I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like everyone else I am having trouble reconnecting my Aria scale.  I recently got a new router and can't connect to it.  I have followed the instructions at least a dozen times with no success and (sadly) am ready to pitch my scale at the wall.  My computer sits ins "connecting" mode for quite a while and then tells me "set up did not complete".  One thing I don't understand is how does the scale know to look for a new network?  I can get it into "setup active" mode, and connect it to my phone, but at no time do I have an opportunity to enter the new network.  Please help!

Best Answer

I'm also having the same problem. My WiFi was updated, and now I can't change the network. I have no idea how to isolate the 2.4 from the 5g

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going to do the same. Was very difficult with the first time and so far impossible on the second.   This is supposed to make life less frustrating.  With no rowing app on Fitbit Despite multiple requests by many users over the years and after many years finally waiving the white flag.  Goodby Fitbit

Best Answer

Same exact issue as @dozzauk & @sueZQ60 . Mine is saying 2.4 Ghz though... never finishes setup. never puts in password.  When I connect it to my phone, it says, "Internet may not be aavailable."  I'm at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my exact problem.

I've also split my wifi networks so one of them is 2.4 GHz only (not shared with 5 GHz). I've gone through this process a dozen or more times, and the Aria network never appears, and my phone and computer both fail to find the scale. 

Every time I take out the batteries and replace them, I just get the message v27.2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same problem.  Followed every directions there is out there, and same message (v27.2) shows up every time and went dark right after. 

I later found out the only way to fix this problem is to "add another device", and follow the step it shows on the screen as if you are adding another scale. (it will prompt you to type the number shown on the scale)  it will then restore to your previous setting.   Hope this helps for whoever needs it later. 😉

Best Answer