Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE Aria displays an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE! FitBit support sent an email with a detailed list of things to check. Netgear recently had a firmware update that allowed you to choose, or not choose, SMART CONNECT. This is what caused my WiFi err message. All is working well now. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped connecting to your network after you changed the batteries. I know how frustrating that can be. Let me go ahead and follow up on your case and would like to know a couple details: What is the make and model of your router? Have you tried resetting your router and then tried the setup process again? This info will help me to proceed accordingly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped connecting to your network after you changed the batteries. I know how frustrating that can be. Let me go ahead and follow up on your case and would like to know a couple details: What is the make and model of your router? Have you tried resetting your router and then tried the setup process again? This info will help me to proceed accordingly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same router I had before the battery change. And it worked fine. Netgear r6700 nighthawk. As mentioned above. It worked fine on this router before battery change. I used the online process. 

1. Signed in to fitbit account.
  2. Aria name, initials.
  3. Scale into setup mode by removing a battery for 10 seconds and then reinserting it. Tapped  Continue when the scale's display says "SETUP ACTIVE."
  4. Switch Wi-Fi network/Aria.
  5. Return to your web browser, clicked I'm Connected.
  6. Tap the name of my wireless network.
  7. Entered my network password
  8. Submit, scale shows joining………….then WiFi ERR.
  9. The scale is not communicating with my Wi-Fi network.
  10. As mentioned above, it “was” connected to same router, same password. Then the battery changed messed it up
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing and I have a new google home WiFi mesh that works perfectly. Batteries aren’t the problem. Just one day it was working, then the next it reads err 

Best Answer

So annoying. I can weigh in as a "guest". But nothing syncs. I can do that on a $5 scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Seems odd that your scale is still unable to connect even though you have tried the correct troubleshooting steps. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can follow up and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

@Al01 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and follow up with the WiFi ERR issue that your Aria is experiencing. Please make sure that your new network complies with the settings that the Aria scale needs. You can find the details listed in this help article.

Let me know if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

UPDATE! FitBit support sent an email with a detailed list of things to check. Netgear recently had a firmware update that allowed you to choose, or not choose, SMART CONNECT. This is what caused my WiFi err message. All is working well now. 

Best Answer

I have a google home WiFi system. I have an app to control it. But the instructions I was given earlier aren’t clear enough because there are no options on the app to change what they suggest.

And it doesn’t say WiFi Err. It syncs with the app, it asks like it’s going to put out a number but then it says ERR

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now! Thank you for posting the update here.

@Al01 Thank you for getting back! I'm sorry to hear that the previous instructions were not clear. In order to assist you better with the instructions, please let me know what are the changes that you meant previously.

Also, let me know if the error message appears as "Sensing Thinking ERR"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the err message too and have followed all suggestions. Am I to presume this is now defunct and now needs to be thrown out? Little expensive for that don’t you think? I am really disappointed as I don’t feel any of the Fitbit products are made to last. I’m now on my 3rd Charge HR as they all died just outside of the warranty period! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Traceyjp Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I understand how you feel about the error message that your scale displays. However, I want to follow up on your case and would like to turn the bad experience you've had with your scale into a good experience.

I would just like to know what troubleshooting steps you have tried so this way I can avoid providing the same suggestions and proceed accordingly.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria scale disconnected from my wifi network and I have gone through the setup of the wifi network 20 times and keep getting an error.  Nothing changed it just lost the connection and now I cannot get it to connect again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fxstsb96 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues that you've experienced with your Aria scale. I would like to know a few details that will help me to assist you accordingly: What is the error message that you are getting during the setup process? Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)? What is the make and model of your router?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same problem. Wifi ERR is what I'm getting. I have Xfinity. Only had wifi for 4 months. Fitbit Support told me I need to check my IP Network but I can't find those details. This is exactly what I asked for for my birthday, it's been 3 days and I regret my husband making this purchase. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TLCMarlow Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your Xfinity router. I know how frustrating this is for you. It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes