Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete and reassign measurements

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay, our Aria 2 arrived from Amazon yesterday ( Next day delivery even without Prime - amazing).

I went through the setup process but did not step on the scales as I want to weigh myself first thing in the morning not evening as it was at the time. Trouble is the light on the scales just kept coming on and would have disturbed us all night, so stepped on scales with clothes on etc. It rightly allocated the reading to me. Stepped on the scales this morning and without clothes and first thing in the morning the reading is a lot less and it allocates it to guest. Okay fair enough having read various info I thought no problem I can go and delete the original reading and also allocate the morning reading to me. But oh no the fitbit app on my android asks me to confirm the delete which I do but it does NOT delete the reading. Similar story with trying to reallocate this mornings reading to me. It goes through the motions but just ignores. So Fitbit software is up to its normal standard. Does Fitbit do any software testing? They need or at least somebody needs to take a look at their software development processes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@KeithSloan It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community and congratulations for your new Aria 2! Let me go ahead and help you with the issue that it's experiencing since it's not recognizing your user.

Please restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself barefoot 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate your scale and see if it recognizes your user properly.

As an aside note, make sure that your height, weight and gender are correct on your profile settings.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing to do with scales. The issue is a BUG in the Fitbit App on Android it should allow a reading to be deleted and/or reassigned. I have experienced a lot of problems with Fitbit that are due to software. Seems Fitbit are not very good at software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KeithSloan Thank you for getting back! Please make sure that your phone has the most recent app version installed. If the app is up to date, please try logging out of the app, log back in and see if you can re-assign your readings by following the steps that are listed in this help article.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried logging out of the Fitbit app and logging in again still flips the status back to guest.

Was able to reassign via the web and using the dashboard, so I would conclude that it is a BUG in the Android Fitbit App

Think there is another problem.

Okay I have re-assigned the weight from guest to me, but I suspect that the value stored in the scales does not get updated so all my readings from now on are likely to be allocated to guest.

The manual warns that if you do a factory reset all the values stored in the scales are wiped, I am speculating, that weight reading gets stored in 3 places, the scale, fitbit app on mobile and the fitbit web site. Now I step on the scales each morning before breakfast, trouble is the time can vary and my weight varies by a couple of pounds, so on one occasion the readings were quite different and I got allocated guest. Okay, I can change the value on the web (but not via phone due to the bugs) but value for me stored in the scales is not correct. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DO FACTORY RESET each time this happens.

Also what is the latest firmware for the scales and how does one update?

App is version 2.84

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KeithSloan Thank you for getting back! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved.

Regarding your question, we don't have an exact time when the firmware was updated. Please check out this help article, which provides more details about the improvements in the latest version.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes