Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up my Aria to a new WiFi network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have just changed broadband provider and therefore need to reconnect the scales to the new wifi network. We have followed the instructions step by step, I've lost count how many times!!! Still no luck. Our mobile devices connect ok to the aria network but then we can get no further.

Help please.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Does your new network meet the Fitbit requirements?

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, it’s a new Fibre wireless router. Def has WPA2, I’m afraid I’m not savy enough to know what the other criteria is but I can only assume as it’s a brand new smart router that it should be up to the task.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same issues. The scale took forever go on SETUP ACTIVE mode. Now it won't pass through the connecting screen on the web setup.  I'm sharing the screen shots so you can see I am following the steps. step 4step 4set up didn't completeset up didn't completestep 1step 1step 2step 2step 3step 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. We needed to change our router and now I cannot sync my scale (?!).  It goes through the entire setup process but won't "forget" the old wifi. Very frustrating!  I have to manually input my weight into the fitbit app.  Very disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly same issue here!  Grrrr......

Best Answer

Me. too.  It just tells me that the Ariaxxx internet may not be available.  I am so frustrated.  

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and I’m so frustrated! This shouldn’t be so difficult! 

Best Answer
As it turns out, the scale is now just junk.  They have no fix for it.  The scale was never misused.  It sat before and after I moved homes because I had simply fallen off the fitness wagon.  I'm back and motivated.   Of course, it's out if warranty.  They had the gall to send me a link to buy a new one Nope!  I'll be buying a Fitbit compatible at a fraction of the cost.  It's a shame their CSRs arent empowered to help customers walk away satisfied.  I spent about 5 completely dedicated hours to trying to fix the problem (sensing/thinking/err). That's how you build brand ambassadors instead of sullying up your reputation. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Best Answer

It sounds like FitBit is not willing to provide or work on a firmware to update the scale. I am pretty sure this would be an easy fix for them. Now it's all but a fancy bathroom scale lol

Best Answer
Yeah. Why do an update, when they can sell a new scale.
#Shortsightedbizplan

Mine won't even weigh anymore.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe if we make enough noise they will listen. FB perhaps ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wasted an hour trying to get this scale to connect.   Apparently, it can not handle anything newer than the Wireless 802.11b standard.  So if you have upgraded your wifi router to new equipment in the past few years you may be out of luck.  A decent error message or updated troubleshooting would be the considerate to Fitbit users but only if the company values them.

Best Answer

I had to turned on WiFi using my old Netgear R6220 router that supports 802.11n.   This did enable the Aria scale to work again.  My newer Xfinity cable modem/router defaults to 802.11 g/n and WPA2-PSK (AES)  "Advanced Encryption Standard", so I assume the Aria could not understand the 802.11 g/n nor the AES.  In summary, you may have to setup an old wireless router with 802.11n just to keep the Aria scale working.  You will also have to switch your phone/tablet over to the old WiFi network each time you want to sync with Aria data.

Best Answer

A moderator edited your post for clarity but did not bother to answer your question. What a sad case.

Best Answer
0 Votes