Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up new network to Aria 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I have a new wifi network at home and for some reason, my Aria 2 scales won't accept the new network.

I've removed the device from the Fitbit app on my iphone and have gone through the set up process, several times actually. I can find the network and enter the wifi password and i get a tick come up on the scales to say it is connected. However, when I go to the app on my phone, I can't see a wifi network in the settings for the scales and when I weigh myself and it tries to sync, it says connection error.

I've also replaced the batteries, thinking it was low battery power stopping the scales from syncing properly, but that hasn't helped. The scales work in the sense that I can weigh myself and see the information on the scales, but it just won't sync. I've also tried web connect from my Mac but also can't find the AriaXXXX network to connect to.

Can someone please help? 

Thankyou 🙂

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome on board.

Thanks for sharing that you have a new WiFi network and for the steps tried prior to posting. I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced while connecting your Aria 2. Before anything else, let me clarify that the web process will work only for the original Aria scale, as the Aria 2 can set up on the Fitbit app via Bluetooth. Since you were using an iPhone, may I know if the Fitbit app is updated? Is your scale placed within 30 feet from the router (10 feet for the setup)? Also, have you made sure your WiFi router uses 802.11 b/g/n under 2.4 GHz settings and WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security?

While you've tried some steps, please give a try to the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and if the Aria 2 appears in the list, forget it.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone and any other device nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your scale by removing the batteries for 15 seconds.
  5. Turn on the Bluetooth only on your iPhone and open the Fitbit app.
  6. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device > Aria 2 and place the scale in Setup mode by pressing the button at the back for 3 seconds. You’ll know it's in setup mode when you see: www.fitbit.com/setup on it’s display.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions and let me know how it goes.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for replying. I did make sure the Fitbit app was updated in my iPhone. It never picked up the scales via bluetooth and I did try taking the batteries out several times and the scales were within distance, but it just would not work.

I actually got a refund on the scales as they were still under warranty and bought a different brand of scales, which were setup to my phone via bluetooth in abut 30 seconds. I love my FitBit ionic and other FitBit trackers I've had in the past, but I think the Aria scales just weren't worth the drama.

Thankyou so much for your time in replying 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. It's good to see you around.

You're welcome and thanks to you for sharing more details about this situation. I'm glad that you were able to find a scale that helps you working toward the goals along with your Fitbit device. I understand how you felt through this experience. We'll continue working to improve our products and services and your feedback will definitely take a big impact in that process. If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Have a great day! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes