Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up the Aria Air on my devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all! I just purchased the Fitbit Aria Air scale to better track my BMI and lose weight. I went to setup the device through the Fitbit app on my phone and the Fitbit site on my laptop, but when I got to the page stating "Connect to the scale's network," neither of my devices (Galazy S20+ or Microsoft Surface 2) could discover the network starting with "Aria." I tried manually entering in the scale's MAC address and SN to my home WIFI network to make it visible/discover-able, but that did not do the trick. I really don't want this purchase to be a waste but if anyone has any insight to this connection error, I would love to find out why this is happening and what I can do to ensure a sound connection. 🙂 Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kaithumb. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around the forums.

I'm glad that you got the Aria Air and thanks for your efforts while trying to set it up to your account. Let's work on this together. Just to confirm, may I know how many batteries are included in your scale? I'm asking this as the Aria Air will connect via Bluetooth as any other Fitbit device, however the Aria will require to connect to the Aria network before connecting to your WiFi connection.

Assuming you have the Aria Air, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. On the back of your scale, find the battery compartment and pull out the plastic tab. Your scale will turn on.

2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your Microsoft Surface 2 and any other device that isn't in use.
  3. Verify if the Bluetooth is enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S20+ and open the Fitbit app.
  4. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select the Aria Air and follow the onscreen instructions.

Look forward to your comments.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @kaithumb. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around the forums.

I'm glad that you got the Aria Air and thanks for your efforts while trying to set it up to your account. Let's work on this together. Just to confirm, may I know how many batteries are included in your scale? I'm asking this as the Aria Air will connect via Bluetooth as any other Fitbit device, however the Aria will require to connect to the Aria network before connecting to your WiFi connection.

Assuming you have the Aria Air, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. On the back of your scale, find the battery compartment and pull out the plastic tab. Your scale will turn on.

2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your Microsoft Surface 2 and any other device that isn't in use.
  3. Verify if the Bluetooth is enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S20+ and open the Fitbit app.
  4. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select the Aria Air and follow the onscreen instructions.

Look forward to your comments.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit! Thank you for responding to my inquiry two months ago. My apologies for this delayed response! Your steps helped out and my Aria Air is functioning properly now. My device has 3 batteries if that helps with future inquiries similar to mine.  Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kaithumb. Welcome back to the forums!

You're very welcome and thanks to you for trying the steps suggested in my post. I'm glad you were able to get the Aria Air connected to Fitbit account and I hope you continue enjoying the experience with your scale. By the way, if you have time, check out the Health & Wellness board where you can make friends and encouragement to reach your fitness goals.

Have a great day! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Odd,

I have an iPhone and have the same issue.

Your instructions don’t make sense, for the iPhone, Fitbit app.

There is no, profile picture>setup device, in the Fit app, for me to setup blue tooth.

Aria Air, does not show up under iPhone settings/Bluetooth as a device.

All my other devices show up, including the Fitbit Charge 4.

Best Answer

I am having a similar problem with my Aria 2 and iPhone. The phone can not find the scale when searching for Bluetooth devices. My scale is right next to my phone. 

Best Answer

Found the answer

fitbit uses it’s own device handling software.

It appears on the main page when you press the icon on the extreme upper left of the screen. Aria describes the icon as a face. (It looks more like headphones than a face).

When you press it, the account page shows up. “Add Device” is in the middle of the screen”

After you press Add Device it’s pretty straight forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aria 2, Is wifi.
Aria Air is Bluetooth.
Aria Air has its own device software and doesn’t show up as a device on
your cell phone’s blue tooth devices.
--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @C0ppert0p and @WorldWideWillie, welcome on board. It's good to see new faces around the forums.

@C0ppert0p, I'm glad that you were able to connect your Aria Air and thanks for sharing your insights.

@WorldWideWillie, thank you also for your efforts while troubleshooting your Aria 2. Let me explain that the Aria 2 needs to be set up in the Fitbit app and not in the Bluetooth settings. That being said, please check if the Fitbit app is updated and make sure your WiFi meets the requirements described here. Then, open the Fitbit app, tap the profile icon at the upper left corner, scroll down and tap Set Up a Device. Choose your Aria 2 from the list and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also watch this video for detailed instructions.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes