Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the battery life with Aria 2 scales?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m using a set of OKOK·International scales at the moment and it’s using two batteries a week almost .

so I’m considering getting a Aria2. Can anyone please tell me what the battery life is, and wether or not it uses rechargeable batteries?

Thanks guys,

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Westonflyer It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! By the way, thank you for your interest in the Aria 2. Regarding your question, the life time of a set of batteries in the Aria 2 is up to 6 months taking into consideration regular batteries. Since the rechargeable batteries have less voltage than the regular ones, the lifetime of the batteries should be less than 6 months.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@Westonflyer It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! By the way, thank you for your interest in the Aria 2. Regarding your question, the life time of a set of batteries in the Aria 2 is up to 6 months taking into consideration regular batteries. Since the rechargeable batteries have less voltage than the regular ones, the lifetime of the batteries should be less than 6 months.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks Juan, you’ve convinced me to buy the Aria2. The initial outlay for a set of rechargeable batteries is probably cost effective even if I have to recharge them a little more often.

Cheers aye, Westonflyer 🙂

Best Answer

Good morning JuanJoFitbit.

Thanks for your help, I received a new Aria 2 today and have set up a WiFi connection. 

Can you please tell me what the message “Error 1” means? All I am getting when I step on the scales is little feet icons and then that message. Thanks

PS..please cancel all above, I have cracked it, the little feet just means “get off me” but thanks for the community option it’s always a help when one needs it. Cheers aye.

Best Answer

@Westonflyer That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you decided to get an Aria 2 and you are enjoying it now. Thank you for posting the update here and letting me know that is working properly.

I'd like to share the Aria 2 manual so you can get familiar its functions and you can get the most out of it.

Don't hesitate to get back whenever you need assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Aria 2 and I have to buy new batteries to see if it works because the batteries died before it even was able to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning Daytripper67, thanks for your interest in the battery life of the Aria2.

I think it depends on how long the batteries have been waiting to be used. When I got my scales I used the battery included and I still have the same one in. That was about eight months ago!

stick with it Daytripper67 because by using the Aria 2 daily it will update your Fitbit app and keep you well on track with your weight goals. Good luck 👍

Best Answer

@daytripper67 It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm sorry to hear that the batteries that your scale came with, didn't last long. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the new set of batteries are working properly so far. If you see something unusual on the batteries life, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you.

@Westonflyer Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and I'm so glad to hear that the batteries have lasted as long as they should.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you replace the batteries in Aria 2 scales with either ordinary batteries or recyclable ones ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WEG wrote:

Can you replace the batteries in Aria 2 scales with either ordinary batteries or recyclable ones ?

Yes, they are replaceable with standard AA batteries, but it is not recommended to use rechargeable ones.

Best Answer

@WEG, my friend @USAF-Larry is correct. Rechargeable batteries are not recommended. We recommend a new set of alkaline batteries instead.

Let us know if more questions arise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit @USAF-Larry why rechargeable batteries are not recommended? I have Fitbit Aria Air (3xAAA) and with batteries that scale come to me, it worked for less than 5 weeks. So I would prefer to use batteries that I can recharge, as it is more eco-friendly approach.

Best Answer

Hello @Amaire and welcome to the Community.  The Best Answer choice says that rechargeable batteries have less voltage than alkaline.  I suspect this can affect scale performance.  But this isn't my area of expertise.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes