Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy Aria parts?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In order to fix my fitbit aria, I need to buy 2 new plastic parts.

Where to find aria new parts?

Thanks,

Celso

Aria platics parts, where the the two main switchs wrok.Aria platics parts, where the the two main switchs wrok.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Terrible Services!

I can't send my scale for customerservice because live in south korea.
Can you help me ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heck yeah! My Fitbit Aria has been broken for about 12 months with the same error. I took apart the unit and found both of the plastic feet were broken. Have been trying to make a 3D model of the feet in Sketchup, but I tried the blue rubber band around the feet as in that picture (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aIzrNVHZqvcbHd0QXNDUyj9iEnyCwvqg) and it worked! It also worked accurately! I placed a 5kg weight that was verified with another scale and it was perfect (see picture attached).

Thank you so much leedaelo!

I cannot believe that Fitbit will not provide replacement feet parts. Terrible. I will be using this scale until it breaks completely and then I will not be purchasing another Fitbit product ever! I will be discouraging my friends and family from purchasing future Fitbit products. All because of the terrible support and refusal of sending such a cheap replacement part for a very expensive product that broke within 6 months of going out of warranty. I purchase expensive brand products so this does not happen!

Repaired Fitbit Aria Scale

Best Answer
Looks like a good solution 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I totally understand how you feel about this and I truly appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it just me or do I see this text over and over again.

Hi everyone! I totally understand how you feel about this and I truly appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

If this is your only respons that just don't bother to do so... it only takes one e-mail: 

Hey,

we have X complaints in regards to this part. We expect to have about X complaints more. Could you produce X+X=Y pieces.

And then put them in envelopes. When a Iphone has a battery issue they have a recall action. If you get so many complaints about one issue that is clearly a manufacturing issue you should take appropriate action... instead of... this mail!

But to be honest... There is a lot more competition on the market since i've purchased my fitbit. I will not be buying or advising anybody on buying any fitbit products... 

Best Answer

@GerwinB I know that this is frustrating for you. Unluckily, we don't have a repair center or develop parts separately for sale. Thank you for your understanding with this and your comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Juanjo, 

if you can get us the CAD drawings someone with a 3d printer can print one of these...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I run a company that designs and manufactures 3D printers. I can make these parts if we have models. 

@JuanJoFitbit please message me if it would be possible to have the files. My business can print the parts and we can sign a confidentiality/NDA if needed. 

Thank you

Best Answer

that's innovation right there 😄 If you do get the drawings please let me know I'll be your first customer 😄 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit - bumping the post

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can send you mine...

Today my son dropped something on my aria 2 and broke the glass. No big deal I thought, will hop online, buy an overpriced replacement and move on. But... as you all have found, they don’t sell parts!!!! I can’t believe this! For a premium product. I would expect this from a cheap product, but as we all know, this thing was far from cheap.

Now, like each of you, I have a worthless product because replacement parts aren‘t sold.

After 11 months, my premium product is broken and worthless. Pretty sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone is curious, I actually tracked down a version of this part: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2988535

and had a friend with a 3d printer print one for me 😄 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you for your comments and feedback! Regarding the CAD drawings that were requested above, I'm afraid that this information can't be provided. I appreciate your understanding and time with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I take it then, that as the manufacturer cannot or will not supply a spare part, that producing a functionally equivalent, but different in appearance spare part and marketing it as a repair / replacement, is completely acceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spiyda Your feedback is greatly appreciated. This helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiya 

I can verify that the white plastic feets are the problem with the aria products. Cos I have open the aria and notice the cracks and these feets and manage to swap parts with another aria. And woohla it works. 

The crack feets are the main source of power draining, erratic readings and the dreadful WiFi/set up/step down issues

Best Answer

@Bon I'm so glad to hear that you managed to change the plastic feet and your Aria works fine now. Thank you for sharing your workaround in the Community and your feedback.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you more often in our Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can also confirm that the white feet are the issue.

I was able to 3D Print replacement parts (using a model I found on the internet) and the scale has now worked for a couple of months.  The model on the internet isn't perfect... but it worked well enough to allow the scale to function again without any of the perpetual battery draining issues (which is caused by the white feet not lifting the scale off of the load cell - which means the scale thinks someone is stepping on it... continuously trying to measure a weight and draining the battery).

I will repeat my previous statement that I wish Fitbit sold replacement parts for this scale.  I would bet that Fitbit's cost for each of these feet is <$0.10 each. Fitbit could sell a kit of 4 for $9.99 and make a decent profit.

-----------------------------------------

Unfortunately, my Blaze (watch) has also just died.  Of course, it's about 1.5 years old... so it's out of warranty.  Fitbit cusotmer service offered 25% off a new tracker.  I'm just not sure if I want to spend $160-$175 on a watch that will likely only last 1.5 years (assuming that the new product lasts about as long as the Blaze and Aria did).

I'm not sure what the expected life of Fitbit products are, but I seem to only get 18 months out of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps you could print some off and offer them to people on here for a reasonable price?

The response to my post about this earlier in the thread seem to suggest that this wouldn't upset Fitbit.

Was the file you used open source?

Best Answer