Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aria scale still worth it in 2022?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking to upgrade my body weight scale. I want the weight to sync to my Fitbit app instantly without having my phone on me. I'm not up to date with scale tech. Is the Aria scale still worth getting? Or do you recommend a different body scale?although, as the connection is via Bluetooth, you'll need your phone with you when you weigh yourself with the Fitbit app open.This is one con I read in a review. I don't want to carry my phone with me, and definitely don't want to open the app. I just want to step on a scale and have the data transfer to my phone remotely. Is there a scale that does this? I don't need things like body fat %, etc. I find these to be inaccurate. My current scale measures BF%, lean mass, etc. And the percent jumps around if I put things in my pockets like fishing metal weights, or a brick. I don't trust scales with this. Unless technology has significantly improved and these metrics are actually accurate now?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Only scale Fitbit makes now is Aria Air which syncs to phone app via bluetooth, requiring phone nearby with fitbit app open, and does not do body fat.

It sounds like you want something that syncs via wifi. There are plenty of so-called "smart scales" that claim to sync to Fitbit.

You can do a search on Amazon for "smart scale Fitbit" or some such term and find several.  I won't get into the accuracy of all the measurements available.  And there are plenty at prices well below what any fitbit models would be.

You might look in the Manage Weight board, or third party integrations board, for more suggestions.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have it and it is useless. You need to have the app open and it doesn’t sync with healthkit. It also only measures weight. Take the cheapest scale and put it into healthkit manually. It’s just as fast. 

Best Answer