Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" during Aria Air setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There has been a consistent difficulty with setting up the Aria Air scale since Fitbit moved to Google. When attempting to pair the device, an error occurs. Scale issue.jpg 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new members.

Thanks for your reports and feedback regarding this issue. As some of you noticed, this set up issue with the Aria Air scale has been resolved after updating to the Fitbit app 4.04 version on iOS devices. This update is rolling out progressively to all our members, so please check later if you don't see it available yet.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused, and I appreciate your patience. Please know we'll keep working on our services, as well as your experience with our Fitbit products.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
419 REPLIES 419

Seems this is a common problem, I’ve the same issue since changing to the Google log in…. Both my Aria and Aria Air have stopped syncing, both removed thinking they’d lost connection some how, now won’t reconnect through the setup.  Doesn’t matter if I try it through an Apple device or Android!!!  So much for a multi billion $ company testing it software and devices…. We are the Beta testers for their poorly developed service!!!!

Best Answer

I have got a new iPhone and it won’t connect to scales 

IMG_0017.png

Best Answer

IMG_5020.png

Every-time I attempt to set up my Aria Air, the Fitbit app finds the device and immediately says “Something Went Wrong”. I have attempted this setup on my iPhone and my partner’s with zero success. 

Best Answer

I should mention I’ve done the battery trick multiple times, cleared the scale multiples times and reset my network settings on my phone. None of them worked. 

Best Answer

I have the same error! How did you fix yours?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still haven’t figured it out. I’m probably going to send it back.
Best Answer

My aria air shows on my Fitbit app but will not sync my weight. It keeps searching and then tells me to retry or abort. I have done all the suggested fixes. Replaced battery turned off phone, deleted and add again. Nothing is working. Help 

Best Answer

getting this same message. Is there a solution?

Best Answer

Same problem.

Best Answer

Me too have given up

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue! Was fine on my old phone 😠 

Best Answer

The same to me somebody now what happens?

Best Answer

Just bought this aria air and now it will not set up and apparently you can not call customer service about this issue due to so many all ready calling about same issue. I wish I could just send this junk back and get my money back and guy buy a product that will actually work and have customer service. 

Best Answer

Same thing. I'm a tech person, followed all the available "solutions" found online and nope. Nothing works. Always, "Something went wrong. there was an error while trying to pair your device."

Best Answer

I am totally in the same situation. I bought the aria air this morning but the problem could not have been solved until now. 
The Bluetooth of the device seems not to work correctly and "Something went wrong. There was an error while trying to pair your device." keeps popping up on my app. If Customer Service does not come back soon, I may return this one to the retail store. 

Best Answer

Similar issue with my Aria Air. I'm not able to add it to my account and I keep getting the "Something Went Wrong" error.

Trying to find all the instances of this error having come up because this is absolutely pathetic customer service for opting to migrate your account to google.

Best Answer

Fitbit please fix this.

I've spoken to support and have had my case "Escalated by email" but have received no such email and no update.

Best Answer

If you are new to Fitbit or have migrated your existing account over to a Google account, this scale will not work.

Fitbit accounts that are set up with or migrated to Google accounts currently do not support Fitbit Aria (seemingly any model).

Google and Fitbit have made no effort to communicate these issues to its customers. These scale issues are undoubtedly the cause of the "We are experiencing extremely high contact volume right now" banner at the top of the screen.

Save your money. Do not buy this scale. If you did buy one and are having trouble setting it up, just return it because currently Google and Fitbit are offering 0 confidence that this issue is being worked on.

Best Answer

The Contact Center even sent me a replacement device after spending over an hour with them trying all the different ways on my phone, my partners phone and my tablet…neither scale ( the one that I bought, nor the replacement) worked 🥺

Best Answer