Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just and update. I had and aria do the whole ERR message thing and customer support told me I could fix it by buying a new one. They don't even have service centers to try and fix them. Anyway, now my parents Aria is doing the same thing after just over a year of use. Convenient how they stop working right after the warranty date. 

Fitbit Aria = garbage. 

Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I tried but failed. I tried to forward the email to this group but
failed. So I attached a screenshot of the email. I will try attaching the
screen shot again.

Sharing with you Fitbit’s email reply

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
121 REPLIES 121

@grail It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to  hear that your Aria scale is experiencing the issue that your parents' Aria is experiencing as well. I understand how frustrating could be the response that you received from our Support team. The warranty period is good for 365 days.

Regarding your parents scale, is the issue "WiFi ERR" or "Sensing Thinking ERR"? This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sensing thinking error. Just out of the blue, like my last one. Before, support said I had to just buy a new one because the weight sensors are very fragile and if they get misaligned or damaged, then the scale is junk. The only thing is, my parents have not dropped or abused the scale. 

Anyway, I think I am done with Fitbit. 2 Aria's go down and my Charge 2 got so hot it almost burned my wrist due to a battery malfunction.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same trouble. When I first set up the Aria a year ago it synced, and then shortly after it, just stopped. With the new year, I decided to try again. It still it won't sync after multiple tries with multiple people. I chatted with tech support yesterday, followed directions and it still won't sync. Help!

Best Answer

I just received my Aria2 and it cannot even perform simple weighing function. Even a cheap $20 weighing scale can do better.  All I get is a “Error 1” message.  I’ve tried all recommended solution and it is still not working.  I want my money back.  I think Fitbit has no ready solution yet.

Best Answer

I am jumping with the same issue - my ERR is WIFI ERR at the end of set up - joining etc. The scale won't weigh anymore... sensing, get off ERR. This started when Comcast replaced my router. I'm on the 2point something strength not the 5 point something... 

Best Answer
And the fact that Fitbit is keeping silent not commenting makes me all the
more mad! What a rip off! Waited fir Aria2 and this is what we got! To
me, it is a scam!
Best Answer

I started a thread trying to get an idea as to how widespread this problem this really is. 

if there are enough of us than perhaps FITBIT will be more inclined to provide a solution.

Best Answer
This morning Fitbit has responded with solutions and it seems to be working
now. Keeping my fingers crossed. I think the problem is the absence of an
“operation manual”. In their reply, they provided clear instructions which
should have been in a SOP that comes with the product.

Thank you Fitbit Support team!
Best Answer

What was the solution please?

Best Answer

Let me try to copy the link

Best Answer
0 Votes

the link doesn't show

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution!  They don't care.  All I did was change my batteries and now don't work. I'm angry and will not stop letting everyone know not to buy from Fitbit. I have purchased 7 products from them and they can't help me.  Bad customer service. 

Best Answer

Where is the link to the solution?

and if there is one why isn't FITBIT getting the word out?

Best Answer

I have spent hours and hours trying to get this scale to work.  Wasted so much time and frustrated beyond belief.  Stopped working pretty much out of the box.  Constant back and forth with support and searching online etc.  Its my fault I should have listen to the reviews.  

Its unbelievable how consumers can get ripped off and have no recourse.

DO NOT BUY FITBIT ARIA. You will waste your money.

Too bad it could be a great product if it worked.

Best Answer

What was their solution????????????

Best Answer
I am trying to forward the email from Fitbit to this group. Let me try
again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have only gotten the “WiFi err” after Comcast swapped out my router. So frustrating. 

Best Answer

Could you just forward to my email ?

THANKS!!

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just forwarded. Followed the two steps in the email and see if it works
for you.
Best Answer