Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just and update. I had and aria do the whole ERR message thing and customer support told me I could fix it by buying a new one. They don't even have service centers to try and fix them. Anyway, now my parents Aria is doing the same thing after just over a year of use. Convenient how they stop working right after the warranty date. 

Fitbit Aria = garbage. 

Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

All peoples endless problems getting Arias  to  sync are because they made the Aria with very old and outdated wireless chip inside it to save a couple of dollars in manufacturing.

The Aria 1 was outdated when it was released because it only supports a very old wireless standard that hasn't been around for a long time.

Now the Aria 2 is released with a newer chip that is also heavily outdated so that it still needs people who have reasonably new wireless routers in their home drop their wireless speed down to make the home WiFi really slow just to make the Fitbit Aria 2 work.

Unbelievable that a company producing highly technical products would be so stupid. Again trying to save a $3 or something like that in manufacturing the Aria.

Best Answer

Like Bud, we started Xfinity service and couldn't connect. Below is a summary for the community.

Problem: Receiving WIFI ERR on Aria scale after trying to connect to a new router.

Root Cause: Router sent by Xfinity does not have 802.11b turned on.

Solution: Use the Xfinity website to change the router's Advanced Settings. You will need to change the channel selection for 2.4 GHz WiFi to include the "b" protocol. Be sure to keep all other protocols active so other devices continue to connect. 

Best Answer

Are you certain this won’t effect my other devices? 

We have had several issues with our internet coverage and I don’t want to add to the problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had issues moving from UVERSE to Spectrum but they finally worked. I think it was the router and the old tech. Now that I moved to Google Fiber it doesn't connect. Im not one to cry over $200 but they should have had better tech to keep up with the times. Going to target and throwing this **ahem** away.
Best Answer
0 Votes
May I ask you guys whether did Fitbit Support respond when you told them
your problem? Just curious as I had a response and when I followed their
clearer instructions via email, the problem was solved. As we have all
paid good money for the Aria2, we need to help them to find a solution,
that is I am assuming they want our feedback to help them in solving the
problem. I hope they are responsible enough to admit their mistake and
call back those units that has a problem that cannot be fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me, thank you!

Best Answer

What worked?  what did you do?

Best Answer

@Nightmare Are you kidding? You dont post the solution? Whats your deal?

Best Answer
I did not get a solution. I’m abandoning my aria and getting a different scale

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I tried but failed. I tried to forward the email to this group but
failed. So I attached a screenshot of the email. I will try attaching the
screen shot again.

Sharing with you Fitbit’s email reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my WiFi settings (see post from FastFourier). That was the solution to my problem.  Thanks for posting!

What I tried worked, I did what FastFourier said to do:

“Like Bud, we started Xfinity service and couldn't connect. Below is a summary for the community.

Problem: Receiving WIFI ERR on Aria scale after trying to connect to a new router.

Root Cause: Router sent by Xfinity does not have 802.11b turned on.

Solution: Use the Xfinity website to change the router's Advanced Settings. You will need to change the channel selection for 2.4 GHz WiFi to include the "b" protocol. Be sure to keep all other protocols active so other devices continue to connect.”

Best Answer
Me too--thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! @grail @myscaleisbroken @Mattster Thanks a lot for your feedback. I really understand your frustration due to the issues you had with your Aria scales. For more information about our Warranty Policies, please check out this page.

@BudW. I'm sorry to hear about the "ERR" messages you are getting on your Aria's display. Please try restarting your scale by taking out the 4 batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and see if it shows your weight again.

@jrsygrl65 I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with your Aria scale. I want to follow up and want to know if you have tried the solutions that shared @FastFourier and @Nightmare. Those are great troubleshooting steps that you can try in order to get this issue resolved.

@HelloFit @boradebora @edk1 @Superfit1 Thanks for joining us in this thread! Please check out the solution that posted @Nightmare and @FastFourier recently in this thread.

@GP77 It's great to see you here! I would like to know if the solution that shared @FastFourier helped you to get this issue resolved.

@DSQ I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting with your Google Fiber network. I want to follow up and would like to know if you get any error message. Also, make sure that your WiFi password is alphanumerical only and the network settings are set on the protocol 802.11b. I'll be around if more assistance is needed.

@JackofTrades @mhg It's good to see you in the Community! I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the solution that shared @Nightmare was helpful and got the issue resolved.

@jackie79 I'm sorry to hear that you also experienced issues with your Aria scale. I want to turn that bad experience into a good experience. Please let me know more details about the issue: Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? In the meantime, please check out the solution that shared @Nightmare above.

@FastFourier @Nightmare Thanks a lot guys for sharing the solutions that helped you to get the issue resolved. I'm sure that those workarounds will be helpful for other users.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support because of the ERR when calculating weight. They were so kind to offer to sell me a new one, (sarcasm) because it's out of warranty. If they broke it because of a software upgrade they should be responsible. Fitbit sucks, why would I buy a new one that will end in the same place, the garbage.

Best Answer

this is the worst product ever!!! i have been trying for 2 days to fix it following everyones advice... grrr

Best Answer

@Gregs2 Thanks for joining us in the Fitbit Community! I really understand how you feel about this and I truly appreciate your comments and feedback. This info will be forwarded to our team.

@WG1 I noticed that you just joined our Fitbit Community as well, welcome aboard! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if you were able to find a solution for this issue.

I'll be around if additional assistance is needed my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMO- everyone that owns this scale should use it as a regular scale without
any connectivity expectations and accept that we were had.
Fitbit for their part, should come clean. If refunding everybody’s money
would tank the company, then send all of the owners of the scale an apology
along with a free fitbit tracker to show that you care. Go public with your
failure and move on.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I am totally satisfied with my result ! I called Fitbit chat and they are sending me a new scale!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@HelloFit I truly understand your point and your frustration and your feedback and comments will be passed forward to the rest of the team since this helps us to keep improving our products and services.

@WG1 I'm so glad to hear that our Support team was able to replace your Aria scale. Thanks for keeping the update here in the Community. Don't hesitate to get back if you need additional assistance.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same ERR massage and same lack of resolution from Fitbit Support. They even asked if I want to buy another scale. 

Hers ny solution - Buy another scale just make sure it’s not an Aria and not another Fitbit product. 

Move on...

Best Answer