Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just and update. I had and aria do the whole ERR message thing and customer support told me I could fix it by buying a new one. They don't even have service centers to try and fix them. Anyway, now my parents Aria is doing the same thing after just over a year of use. Convenient how they stop working right after the warranty date. 

Fitbit Aria = garbage. 

Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

This is what I did.

The body+ by Nokia is really a good scale and integrates with fit bit and all major platforms.  It is also about $50 dollars cheaper

Best Answer

@JMR396 @myscaleisbroken I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scales are no longer under warranty. I truly appreciate your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have set my advanced setting to just the b protocol yet still have no luck.

I have been unable to connect for over 2 years now so getting rather frustrated.

Any other ideas welcomed.

Best Answer

if its out of warranty we just have to buy a new one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, just not a Fitbit branded product to get something that works.

Regards,

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

@HTM Thanks for joining us in this thread! If you are still unable to connect your Aria with your network even though the protocol is correct, please make sure that your WiFi password is alphanumerical only. In the meantime, please let me know what is the make and model of your router.

@sreejunior Regarding your question, the warranty covers Fitbit devices for 365 days after the date of setup. Please visit this page for more information about Fitbit's warranty policies.

@Mattster I appreciate your feedback and will be forwarded to our team.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So IS there any solution to fixing the Aria ERR message???

I did get a new router (Comcast).

I set my 2.4 GHz connection to a unique name and password (different than the 5 GHz connection)

I changed the mode to 802.11 b,g,n

I use the desktop Windows setup and connect to that specific connection...the scale trys to connect..looks like it's going to (saving) and then WiFi ERR and back to SETUP ACTIVE.

😞

Having been using Aria for a few years and LOVE it....but on my old router.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@charrington I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is having a hard time connecting with your WiFi. Thank you for making sure that your router has the required settings. I would like you to make sure also that your WiFi's password is alphanumerical only. Also, let me know what is make and model of your Comcast router.

In the meantime, try changing your router's protocol from b/g/n to g/n. Once this has been done, change the setting to b/g/n again and try the setup process one more time.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Same for me. Loyal Fitbit user for 5 years. Offered to do NOTHING for me, even though Aria just out of warranty. In the past, Customer Service was simply outstanding! Always helpful, went above and beyond. 

Sadly, those days are over, too bad for you Fitbit! Too bad! Now you are just like every other average non-helpful company.  So sad!

Best Answer

@Tprothro Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is out of warranty period. I really appreciate your feedback since I know how you feel about this. This info will be sent to the rest of our team.

Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing back to g/n and then back again to b/g/n worked!!!

Woot woot!  

FYI.  Comcast modem Arris TG1682G

Best Answer

@charrington I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale connected with your Comcast router properly! Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Pretty much told me I was sh*t out of luck and to buy a new one. Great customer service... 

"It looks like we've already passed the 365 days of limited warranty. We'd encourage you to continue working towards your goals and if you decide to get another Scale which would be great you can check our new Aria 2 that has been re-engineered for greater accuracy, improved design, and easy Bluetooth setup. It also offers personalized face icons and greetings, compatibility with more Wi-Fi networks."

Like no, I contacted you to fix it not spend another $200???? sheesh. take your money elsewhere and just log your weight & BMI in the app. Way cheaper.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NancyAnnDesign Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped working and it's no longer under warranty. I really understand your frustration and how you feel about this. The warranty period is good for 365 days.

Your feedback will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving. Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
So sad there is no accommodation for a 5 year user and the device being just out of warranty. Especially when the scale has a known defect. Not right.

Sad that we are here now, instead of the days when Fitbit had great support and cared about its customers. I have lots of great stories of great customer service over the past 5 years, but those days are gone.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tprothro I definitely understand and I'm sorry that your Aria can't be covered by the warranty. I totally appreciate your feedback and comments. This info was sent to the rest of our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do they keeping saying it is "solved" to everything related to this issue. They can't fix it and won't replace.  This company does not back their products at all.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@A8A It's great to see new faces in the Community. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is also experiencing the same issue and I want to follow up in order to find a solution for you. Please let me know what is the make and model of your router.

Also, let me know if you've made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password).

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

what a joke of a product- getting ERR message after having the product for about 18 months. The company know fine well what the issue is but obviously it’s so fundamental that they can’t fix it via a software update. 

Will 100% not bother with anymore $$ on these guys. 

Them marking this this as solved is also a big lie. 

Btw Juan I’m aware of the warranty- send me a fix or don’t worry about welcoming me to the forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been a fitbit fan for years but recently received an err on my aria scales and was told nothing could be done to fix it just buy new scales!!  No I will NOT support a company that has had many many complaints tet not resolution to the issue.  I am so disappointed in their customer support for their products. I will NEVER buy another FITBIT product or ever recommend to anyone ever again, in fact, just tge opposite will occur.  Again I am disappointed in this company especially since I have puchased nany of their products.  UNHAPPY

Best Answer