Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale says I am a Guest

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale keeps registering me as a guest.

I have gone on the website and assigned those measurements to myself with several weigh ins. The issue persists. I did every step from your help article at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-scale-recognizing-me-as-a-guest

I asked FitbitSupport on twitter for what to do. They directed me to other support channels at https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/671125370855292928 where I got the contact number.

Now I am on hold for Fitbit to answer. It has been over an hour and 45 minutes. While I wait, can anybody help me fix this issue with my Aria scale, please?

Holding for Fitbit support.Holding for Fitbit support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ferdinand, I see, thanks for taking the time to explain 🙂

Just for the record and in case any body else has this problem, I have solved it.

The problem was caused by us placing the scales on a soft carpet not a hard floor as indicated in the instructions.

Becuase of this the scales were giving innaccurate readings of around minus 3 stone.

This led to the Aria not recognising myself or my wifes weights and reverting to the guest setting.

We now have the scales on a nice bullnosed piece of varnished wood itself situated on a carpet and they so far are working perfectly.

Hope this helps somebody in the future like me who can't read instructions properly LOL

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

I gave up holding for phone support after 2 hours and 25 minutes, so any support here would be much appreciated.

hold4.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi there @justinpinebelt. First of all, I would like to apologize about the long time you were placed on hold. I'll be happy to help you out. I'll be reaching out to you in a private message.

I'm glad to see you in the Community. Welcome aboard! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank you, I'll look for your private message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this sorted guys. My wife and I are having the same problem.

It intially recognised me, then I sent my wife an invite.

She accepted it and followed the instructions then when she stood on it the scales said she was a guest.

I then stood on it and it said I was a guest.

I also don't see the point in solving these issues in private.

Resolve it on the forums in the open so we can all learn from it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi there @marvlin. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

If you have already tried these instructions to calibrate your scale and it's not recognizing you or your wife as existing users, I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team who will be happy to help you out with this. 

The reason why I reached out privately to @justinpinebelt was more because of the problem of being placed on hold for too long but other than this, all other issues are addressed publicly.

Please let me know if you have any other question!

Best Answer

Hi Ferdinand, I see, thanks for taking the time to explain 🙂

Just for the record and in case any body else has this problem, I have solved it.

The problem was caused by us placing the scales on a soft carpet not a hard floor as indicated in the instructions.

Becuase of this the scales were giving innaccurate readings of around minus 3 stone.

This led to the Aria not recognising myself or my wifes weights and reverting to the guest setting.

We now have the scales on a nice bullnosed piece of varnished wood itself situated on a carpet and they so far are working perfectly.

Hope this helps somebody in the future like me who can't read instructions properly LOL

Best Answer

Hey @marvlin. Thanks for getting back!!!! And thank you so much for sharing this small detail. I also missed it so I'm sorry I didn't mention before that the scale needs to be on a completely flat surface for accurate measurements and for it to recognize users appropriately.

I'm glad you're now on track and anything else, I'm around! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

team,

I too have the same problem as described below.  Both myself and my wife keep coming up as guests.  For clarity, the scale is on a flat timber floor.

I have also deleted the scale from each of our profiles and re started from set up mode with the same result. I have not been on hold however I have spent the last three hours trying to sort this out and am just about ready to throw the scales across the room.

Please assist.

Best Answer

Hi all,

my experience is, that the floor, where the ARIA stands, does NOT matter. My problem is, that I haven´t weighed myself neary a year and changed my WLAN SSID meanwhile. So I had to set up the ARIA from scratch and I can see it in the dashboard now.

But:

my wife still is recognized, but not me ("GUEST"). I manually can assign the measurements to my name, but the ARIA does not recognize my values...

pls assist.

kind regards

Martin

Best Answer

Hi there @meden. Welcome to the Forums! 🙂

If your scale is not recognizing you properly, it sounds like you might just need to calibrate it. The way you calibrate your scale is the same way you were doing it by assigning the weight manually to yourself but you need to do this at least 5 times in a row and after that your scale should be recognizing you automatically.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Best Answer
After you change "guest" to your initials. Pull battery. Reinsert ....now it works
Best Answer

I HATE this scale. I have tried EVERYTHING for it not to say I am guest. I've completely started over and reset the stupid thing. I've done the troubleshooting steps for it not to see me as guest. I've read every one of the posts, did everything everyone recommened and NOTHING works. After seeing people holding for hours on customer support I'm OVER this dang scale and I'm NOT calling customer support just to be more frustrated. The dang thing sees my husband, no problem, but won't read me. I'm about to say FORGET it to all my fitbit products I'm so frustrated. SHEESH!! 

Best Answer
I did the same thing .very stupid. Should have an easier way or a panel on
the scale. Anyway pretty sure if you go to the fitbit setup and make sure to
assign your weight and his weight to the appropriate readings vs. guest. You
can delete all except one for you and one for him if you want to. Then
remove batteries, at least one. Wait about 15 seconds put batteries back in.
then try weighing again. That's what worked for me. It didn't work until I
did it this way. If one of you comes up as a guest have the other try and
see if it syncs.

You do have to be sure your connected to the wifi. It will say so after you
put the batteries back in.

Hope it helps

Darrel
Best Answer
Nope. Didn't work. After I tried that I tried deleting myself out of the
scale, and had my husband send me an invitation, I joined with new initials
and it still didn't work. It only sees me as guest. This is why I HATE that
scale.
Best Answer
If you weigh to much the Aria scale automatically assigns your initials to FAT or BBM, but this is just for encouragement do not worry it will allow you to change your initials once you reach the BF threshold of 30%
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone,

I had this problem, but what I did, which I think some of you have already worked out, is that it needs to learn who YOU are. So I set it up. Climbed on, then let it go through. It saw me as a guest. I went to the measurements page and using the drop down, changed to my 3 letter abbreviation. Climbed on again and repeated. Each time it wasn't recording Fat % as per guests.

On the third time, it recognised me, showed the % and also my 3 letter abbreviation.

All good.

I hope others managed to sort it.

Best Answer
Thanks I've been having the same issue I will try that and see if it helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem - the aria says it's syncing, syncs the weight to a "guest" account, and then also doesn't show "weight" as a categoy on my dashboard.  We have tried everything and read through the boards for ideas, but nothing works.  If I have to enter it manually, I will just return the aria and use an old school scale.  Any help?  

Best Answer

@jillavis If Weight isn't showing on your dashboard, you can add the tile from the option top left of the screen, the 9 squares in a circle.

If the scales are new, recently reset or moved they need to recalibrate and the first weigh-ins will be attributed to guest. Manually move them to your account and then after a while the scales should detect you.

Best Answer