Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale says I am a Guest

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale keeps registering me as a guest.

I have gone on the website and assigned those measurements to myself with several weigh ins. The issue persists. I did every step from your help article at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-scale-recognizing-me-as-a-guest

I asked FitbitSupport on twitter for what to do. They directed me to other support channels at https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/671125370855292928 where I got the contact number.

Now I am on hold for Fitbit to answer. It has been over an hour and 45 minutes. While I wait, can anybody help me fix this issue with my Aria scale, please?

Holding for Fitbit support.Holding for Fitbit support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

Hey there @jillavis. Welcome to the Community!

I couldn't have said it better than @SunsetRunner. Just make sure to step on your scale 5 times and right after it gives you a measurement, reassign the weight to yourself and do this 5 times at least and this should do the trick.

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Sorry gentlemen,

but what is going on at Fitbit regarding Aria Balance integration??? 5
times step on / reassign / 5 times step on OR Step on / remove battery /
reassign measurement. These are CRAZY ideas for a bad programming of the
balance integration...

I am awaiting a solution, which is as easy as it was, when I bought the
balance.. 2 years ago.

Thanks in advance for the fast and easy solution!

best regards
Martin
Best Answer
I tried everything everyone recommended and never got it to work. If I
could have returned my scale is would have.
Best Answer
I noticed when it did that I moved it as me under recent weigh ins the ensured I was on a flat surface no carpet hard floor when weighing myself now it's fine if not call customer service see what they can do

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

ferdinand, this is a bulletin board

post it for other people to see who have the same problem, like myself

every time i step on my scale i become a guest, but it only started the last two weeks and i am using the scale  for the last 18 month

please Help

Best Answer

Going to "Edit Device Settings" and the "Measurements" tab...then changing the pulldown from "Guest" to my initials worked for me...after 3 or 4 tries it recognized me after I did that to the first few "guest" entries.  

Best Answer
I solved my "guest" problem by re-setting it up, AND carrying the scale downstairs to a hard surface CLOSE TO THE ROUTER, then I saw
My initials after a weigh-in!! Although the scale was syncing in my upstairs bathroom it would see me as a guest (and I am the only one using the scale). NOW IT KNOW.....got to carry it downstairs and weigh-in close the router.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked!!!! Thx!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me, too.  I went to the settings, selected the aria scale.  changed the guest setting to my user initials and then it synced with my dashboard.

Best Answer
Hi, I am having a similar issue. I've followed all the suggested steps but can't get it to read that I'm not a guest. It's weird because when I initially started using the scale it worked just fine.

Anyways, I decided to look at my phone app to see if the information was somehow wrong. I don't think it is, BUT I did find that my phone logs the weights as me and gives me a body fat % (at least on the dashboard screen. When I actually open the scale screen on the phone it doesn't show any of the BF%).

This won't get rid of your scale problem, but it helped me at least feel like I could make use of it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to go to the settngs and switch it back to whatever you set it up as
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've owned an Aria for a couple years now.

It's been a **ahem** since day one, doesn't work right for anyone in our family.

Everyone has the same problems.

I paid over 100$ for a scale with a digital display and a +/- 0.8lbs margin of error, basically. And what I really wanted was a clear glass one with chrome feet, but no, I got talked into buying an Aria.

Return the Aria.

Buy a scale that works as advertised.

Your truly,

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
It's wild to see folks having this issue considering the age of the device. I ended up here as well after purchasing the scale and getting the Guest bug.

For me the solution was to login to fitbit.com and change the measured guest weights to the appropriate initials. The quick measurements later all was well. Kind of an odd process, but if it were soothed of from the very go it could have been smoothrr than trolling through and resurrecting an old thread.

In the end all is well again in my throne room.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A page down I found solution that worked.  

Go weigh yourself as guest...remember the number...

While on the computer and on the Fitbit dashboard, go to the top left and click the settings icon (little gear). Then click the "Aria Scale" and scroll to last weight. It will say guest and that number you remembered...click the drop down arrow, find your name and select it.  Go back to your dash board.  

Go back and weigh yourself and repeat the above step.

Repeat about 2-4 more times and then watch the magic happen.. you will no longer be a guest..

Rick

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this with us @medic_can. This is exactly what someone having the problem of the scale recognizing them as guests should be doing, this is called "calibrating" the scale.

Thanks for participating in the Community. Welcome aboard! 😄

Best Answer

I don't think I should have to do anything five or six times. We can send a man to the moon, we have internet, we have smartphones, it should not be a far stretch to have a user friendly scale. JMO

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

What we did to fix this issue was to work completly off the iphone and the app. Added new user via the phone and checked email on the iphone and accepted the scale invitation then save. It took a while to load then on the app we resynced the Aria scale on the main user and the HR on the main user. Then when we checked on the website account we saw that the second user was acepted and could change in the measurments field. So basically perform the whole "invite user" process using the app. Don't accept the scale invites using a desktop or laptop computer as there seems to be a conflict or non-communication with this method.

Also in the app for the main user you can confirm scale user by checking "People  using this scale" section under Aria or whatever you named your scales. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hi there @Wrights @cheri123! Great to have you in the Community! 🙂

@cheri123, Calibrating devices is a common practice across precision devices for them to be accurate. That's the way the Fitbit Aria will determine and make sure it recognizes you as a user and don't mistake you for anyone else.

@Wrights.  Thanks for sharing this with us! I'm sure other users will find it helpful!

Thank you both for participating in the Community! Happy stepping! 😄

Best Answer
I have tried all the suggestion on here!! I've had it for 6months with no problems until today. When I go on it ask me to select who it is better tapping on it. My husband is now only guest doesn't give him the select option??? Nothing I have done is working. Any new ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Tamari75. Welcome to the Community!

You could try to set up your scale again by following the tips that @JMY gave here. Try that out and then again send the invite to your husband and see if this works.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer