Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale says I am a Guest

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale keeps registering me as a guest.

I have gone on the website and assigned those measurements to myself with several weigh ins. The issue persists. I did every step from your help article at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-scale-recognizing-me-as-a-guest

I asked FitbitSupport on twitter for what to do. They directed me to other support channels at https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/671125370855292928 where I got the contact number.

Now I am on hold for Fitbit to answer. It has been over an hour and 45 minutes. While I wait, can anybody help me fix this issue with my Aria scale, please?

Holding for Fitbit support.Holding for Fitbit support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

Are the batteries shot?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as the others.  I did not read the Support article to indicate that you must change the weight in the dashboard to your initials between each time you calibrate (also rather than 3 it's suggested in this forum to do it 5 or 6 times).  This is a REAL PROBLEM with the article for people when they are attempting.  If their initial troubleshooting effort were to actually be successful that might eliviate the anger.

I'm with the others, I didn't have any problems recognizing my weight until recently.  I'm sorry, but the amount of people talking about it indicates this is a problem with an AUTOMATIC UPDATE to the scale.  Why not just tell everyone, yes, it's a problem, sorry, you have to calibrate it, and we'll make sure not to break it again in an upcoming firmware release.

Best Answer

I just followed these instruction and it worked after trying all night and getting ready to return it. delete all entrys except one with your name. go to scale and remove battery, wait for scale to stop asking if you want to change wifi, then step on scale. when you step off it does it's thing and it finally recognized me! It really really recognized me! 

Best Answer

I get the same "Guest" nonsense happening. It's just a stupid user interface. Take the guess work out of Fitbit and get a UI/UX person to help you design this better. Without the WiFi, and proper syncing to my Fitbit network, what good is a WiFi scale? Get on with it and fix it already.

Best Answer

Hello FitBit Community!  Our Aria scale has been working perfectly for 2 years now and we are now getting the "guest" message.  I have updated everything in the phone app as well as here in our account.  The only thing that needed updating was for me to assign the "guest" weigh-ins to my husband and I.  I also took the battery out of the scale and it recognized and was connected to our wifi.  Phone app and PC both show our 3-letter initials.  Phone app says it has synced with the scale. I keep weighing myself and it shows up in my phone app, as a "guest" but assigns my picture to the weigh-in.

Scale is on a flat surface.  I have tried tapping the bottom right, left and center of the scale when "guest" shows up. Nothing seems to be working.

Still no recognition of me or my husband.  Any recent issues or solutions for this?

OK, I tried one last thing: I deleted ALL weigh-in entries from both me and my husband's phone app, then I took the battery out of the Aria.  It's now working. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a shame you had to lose all that information because there is a glitch in programing

Best Answer
0 Votes
This should be a lot more user friendly.
Best Answer
Totally agree - why ion private?
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reassign the weight to yourself?  On the Ap?  We set up our Aria last night.  Everyone connected and got a weight and body fat %.  Then this morning it said I was a guest... We used our phones to set it up, not the computer.

Where is "Edit Device Settings" and "Measurements"?  Is this on your computer? On the Ap? I'm confused...

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a lengthy explanation about two or three in front of you on how to reset the app after it is screwed up. Aria tech support flew the coop and is letting the community take over. if you can't find the comment, i might have saved it somewhere, i would just have to look for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Works perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ferdin. You say in this post to :"...If you have already tried these instructions to calibrate your scale and it's not recognizing..." but this link points to a discussion about something else, not how to calibrate. Can you give the correct link to calibrate the Aria please? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothat was not the reason. We always use the scale on a hard floor but now it thinks my husband is a gueat when we have been using this for 6 months. My son used it but he is 7 kg heavier. Could that be the reason?

Best Answer
0 Votes
weight differences do not matter. the thing has a brain fart. using scales on hard flat surfaces are a given. the thing has a brain fart.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is quite sad how hard this was to figure out. That and fitbit's support. So here is my situation: have not used it in a year, weight changed by over 20 pounds. Fitbit no longer recognizes me. After reconnecting it to the new WiFi (My wireless changed), so this is what I did:

1) I weighed myself several times, got only GUEST.

2) I logged into my fitbit from the internet browser and clicked on the SETTINGS COG (Top Right) and clicked on ARIA SCALE.

3) I then clicked on the MEASUREMENTS TAB.

4) From there you can see your recent weights as GUEST, under the PEOPLE COLOUMN. Click the drop down where you see GUEST and change it to your INITIALS. I did this for all of my recent ones (a total of 14 but I don't think that many times is nessesary).

5) After that the scale still showed GUEST, I changed that one too. Next I took the battteries out of the scale in an attempt to make the scale SYNC with the network (I seen it do an update before). It turned back on and I waited for it to finish. Once it did, I weighed myself again and it recognized me!

I hope that helps people 😃 I know most of the community are people like my mum who would have a hard enough time to begin with. BTW that took me about an hour to figure out (including reading this forum which wasn't much help to I guessed). Good luck!

Best Answer

I took at least 24 readings as GUEST in this process

INCLUDING:

I completely reset the scale (as painful as that is) twice
I went into measurements and selected myself instead of GUEST each time
I disconnected battery and let it re-sync thru network twice

/ NO SUCESS /

I deleted ALL readings
I weighed-in as GUEST (again)
Selected myself instead of GUEST in measurements
Got back on scale and was not GUEST (saw body fat %)

Went to measurements and deleted 0% entry
I weighed myself again, and...

no longer guest

Recommend to ignore:  Up to 8 people can be connected to the scale
until such time as the scale can be made more resilient, as this is
symptomatic of poor software QA (Firmware: V39)

Best Answer

Glad to have found this forum and this post specifically. The calibration advice worked for me. As I was about to weigh myself for a third consecutive time I came across this "solution", so I went and weighed myself and it then showed my initials. I was going to do it five times in a row if it hadn't shown up on the third try. Thank you for the helpful advice.Smiley Happy

This also worked for me. Glad to see you've found the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Expensive paperweight... re-calibrated weights from guest 20 odd times in settings, tried operating via Android app as well, battery pull a few times, tried to reconnect wifi... All I want to know is my BF%!

Best Answer

Have you tried following my post from page 3? It worked for me. I should note that I am the only one setup on it.

Best Answer
Just fixed mine!!!! Go into your phone app and click on Aria. Got to recent weigh ins. Click on guest and then it'll let you assign your name to it. Erase any that aren't you. Change all the guests that are you to your name. Then get back on. It finally showed my % and said my name!! I was about to throw it through the window lol
Best Answer
0 Votes