Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale says I am a Guest

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale keeps registering me as a guest.

I have gone on the website and assigned those measurements to myself with several weigh ins. The issue persists. I did every step from your help article at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-scale-recognizing-me-as-a-guest

I asked FitbitSupport on twitter for what to do. They directed me to other support channels at https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/671125370855292928 where I got the contact number.

Now I am on hold for Fitbit to answer. It has been over an hour and 45 minutes. While I wait, can anybody help me fix this issue with my Aria scale, please?

Holding for Fitbit support.Holding for Fitbit support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

None of the solutions here worked for me. The only thing that worked was taking a paperclip and pressing the reset button on the bottom of the scale. See link here for how to do it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfxDCD13p8

Best Answer

I hate this scale. It should not be this hard to use. It's never been on carpet, I don't hAve any. It's being returned today- wasted money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem I have found can be two things, if you place the scales on carpet or soft flooring it's best to place them on hard flooring. The other more common issue is if your weight is close to someone else registered to the scales, it then has problems recognising who is who. It will then ask you to step off and show the names of the people it thinks it is, all you have to do is tap your foot on the scales when you see your name. If you select the wrong name then next time you go to weigh yourself it will not find you so will automatically select you as GUEST. The way I got out of this and get my intials back was to go to the Dashboard select the weight tablet icon, scroll up and click on "SEE MORE". This takes you to another page in the top right corner click on "VIEW SETTINGS". Then click on the "ARIA SCALES", scroll down to "GUEST" to the right there is a drop menu select your intials or if you're lucky enough to have a three letter name Smiley LOL select that.

Now time to weigh yourself, hopefully the scales will recognise you if you're unlucky (like me) I had to do this three times but hang in there and it will work.

Good luck Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue despite the scales being on a hard floor - only affected one user of 4 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Have you tried this:

Open the Fitbit app on your phone

Go to account

Choose Aria

Choose recent weigh-in

Then select the guess and assign it to your name.

Good luck & let me know how you get on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved this problem by tossing the Aria scale in the dumpster and
replacing it with Yunmai from Amazon for half the price of the Aria scale
that constantly fails. http://a.co/crNYHai Yunmai uses Bluetooth to
connect it to the phone and the data is then fed into the FitBit app.
Works great, I wish I had gotten this one first.

Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned my scale, it way too complicated for a scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I click on your "link" that says THESE INSTRUCTIONS it changes to a different subject matter about alarms setting off instead of instructions for calibrating the Aria scale.  Our new Aria scale keeps confusing myself and my husband back and forth.  I never know if it is truly my record history or his record history.  Sometimes it recognizes him under my initials and me as guest.  I've been reading and reading and going through settings multiple times.  --Another question, do you have to be barefoot every single time you step on the scale in order to be recognized?  Sometimes I want to weigh in a hurry with my socks on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, have you solved your problems yet? Try and weigh yourself three to five times then go to the dashboard or your phone app where it says guess asign your initials if you know that is your weight delete any other guess weight that you do not recognise. Hopefully that should sort the issue. Good luck

Best Answer

This work for me. Thank you!
Break down for others:
1) Complete setup process

2) Step on scale and let it weight you

3) Step off

4) Goto https://www.fitbit.com/settings/device/

5) Log in to your account

6) Choose your scale

7) Go to your most recent weigh-in which should display as GUEST

😎 Click the drop down to the right of the weigh-in and choose your abbreviated name

9) DONE!

10) Walk it off

Best Answer

Didn't help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is "edit device settings anyway? I looked all in the dashboard. on my phone. Nowhere do I see this. The scale itself dosent have a display. Im stumped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to do any settings changes from a laptop or desktop.  Certain parts are not available on cell phones.  I'm honestly not sure what I had to do to fix ours but it is working just fine now.  My husband and I weigh similar and sometimes it asks us to identify which user we are.  It will then flash his 3-digit initials with ? and I have to tap the scale then it flashes my 3-digit initials with ? and at this point you do NOT tap it again you leave it on yourself and let it finish flashing then it knows to stop on that person and that is the person identified for the reading on the scale.

@InstiG8r wrote:

Where is "edit device settings anyway? I looked all in the dashboard. on my phone. Nowhere do I see this. The scale itself dosent have a display. Im stumped.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to login using a PC to edit weigh ins.
Good luck

Sent from Dave's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution did not work for me.  I did not read all the comment so maybe someone already posted this solution.   In the Fitbit app, under Account/Aria, there is an option to see recent weigh ins.   The last 10 said "guest".   I clicked on the recent ones and there was an option to assIgn the Weight to a specific user.  I changed the 2 most recent to my initials and tried the scale again.   It recognized me!  Yay.   I hope this works for you too.  

Best Answer

I haven't been able to get anything other than "Guest" since 2015.  I've read this thread and others like it many times.  I've done it all, including the paperclip reset and set it up like new.  Still I'm Guest.  Yes, I got weighed over and over and over again, each time changing Guest to my initials in-between.  

I had a theory that I thought might be it - Aria being on my home wi-fi network, while the PC is wired, and the cell phone was on 4G, so I made sure my cell phone was on the same 2.4 band of wi-fi that the Aria is on, and did the whole weigh-in and change my initials thing again.  Nope.

How/when does communication TO the scale happen?  How is it knowing that I changed Guest to my initials after each weigh in?  I am feeling like maybe there is some communications problem there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, but I weighed myself, entered that exact weight manually in my profile online, and then weighed myself again. This synced it up to recognize me, and fixed the problem. It has to be exact though, not even one pound different or it won't sync.

Best Answer
I got it to work. The scale name and the initial's has to match.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If that's the solution to the issue, perhaps you might try adding that information to the setup. There's no where in any of the documentation for the device that comes with it or in the setup walkthrough that describes that process. Something like, "Now that you've set up your FitBit Aria TM let's calibrate the scale to you. First, step on the scale. Wait for it to do it's thing and instruct you to step off. Now login to your fitbit account online. Not the app. . . etc. etc." Anything short of that, and you'll just have frustrated customers. Because you're assuming they'll do something there's no indication they should do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bad job Fitbit. Letting a customer hold 2. 5 hours with not even helping him. That's really poor service and I have the same issue. Scale is on a hard, even surface and still this "Guest"!! Not going to bother calling do to what Fitbit

did to this guy. Come on Fitbit get it together!

Best Answer