Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't connect to my WiFi network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am extremely frustrated. It has now been a week since my Aria arrived. And every night I have tried to connect it. And every night it has "No Sync"ed.

This is a very common problem, however, none of the solutions provided on other posts have worked.

• run setup on iPhone - get to "Linking to " then "No Sync"
  • updated wifi name and password to be alphanumeric
  • tried removing security
  • there is no MAC filtering
  • the router is configured 802.11b signals, and be set to DHCP

Also, tried to run setup on my laptop but the Connect app doesn't recognize that I'm on the internet.

Customer Service as been no help. Online chat didn't provide any information except to try to do it the setup "fast." then had me call the Help Line. I've called Customer Service twice now and both times they never picked up. On hold for 52 minutes the first time and 1:20 the second time. No advocate ever became available.

Like I said, I'm frustrated. At this point, the scale will be returned.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Very welcome to the Community @PudgyKogimaSmiley Happy Thank you very much for your feedback and share the troubleshoots you already did. I would like to direct you to an alternate method which should allow you to connect your scale. To use this method, watch the video "Web-Based Method Video". 

If you use a computer for this procedure, you will need to switch Wi-Fi networks on your computer when prompted to do so. Please ensure that your computer is not physically plugged into the router during setup. However, if you use a smartphone or tablet for this procedure, the scale will automatically sync to your Fitbit account once the Aria has been set up.

Your account can be viewed on any computer, and your mobile device is not needed after the setup process is complete. If you encounter difficulty during this process, we recommend clearing the Browser's Cache and Cookies on your computer, turning your router off for 30 seconds, turning your router back on, and attempting setup again with this advice  "Aria Set Up" from @SunsetRunner.

I hope this helps, let me know if the issue persist! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Very welcome to the Community @PudgyKogimaSmiley Happy Thank you very much for your feedback and share the troubleshoots you already did. I would like to direct you to an alternate method which should allow you to connect your scale. To use this method, watch the video "Web-Based Method Video". 

If you use a computer for this procedure, you will need to switch Wi-Fi networks on your computer when prompted to do so. Please ensure that your computer is not physically plugged into the router during setup. However, if you use a smartphone or tablet for this procedure, the scale will automatically sync to your Fitbit account once the Aria has been set up.

Your account can be viewed on any computer, and your mobile device is not needed after the setup process is complete. If you encounter difficulty during this process, we recommend clearing the Browser's Cache and Cookies on your computer, turning your router off for 30 seconds, turning your router back on, and attempting setup again with this advice  "Aria Set Up" from @SunsetRunner.

I hope this helps, let me know if the issue persist! Smiley Wink

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

It took another three attempts but it's connected!! Thank you so much.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @PudgyKogima and sorry to hear that your Aria is not working. However, if you already contacted Customer Support, I'm sure that they are going to help you out. Smiley Wink

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I have now been on hold for 47 minutes after "Jeanie" first cut me off, then getting her a second time has put me through to someone who can help.

The fact that no one is answering, should I assume no one gives a monkies about your products that break down so frequently?

I have a flex - it died within 2 months. I had a charge. I died within two months. I had a previous Aria. It died after about 2 months. I got that aria replaced - thats died now too.

Should I be concerned that your products are not fit for purpose?

Best Answer

Thanks for join us @Les37b and for sharing your experience with us and I'll be happy to help you. Could you please provided me as many details of the issue you are experiencing as possible with your Flex and also with your Aria. 

Lets find a solution, keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I'm having the EXACT. SAME. ISSUE.  Since 4/24.  About to click on the "solution", hope I'm impressed...Smiley Mad

This is not working for me.  This software is the only thing in my home that doesn't recognize my network and I continue to get "no sync".

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@1tallqt is great to see you here, but is sad to hear that you are having the same issue Smiley Sad. The error you are encountering indicates that the scale has been unable to communicate with your router. The most common reasons for this are:

- The network password has been entered incorrectly
- The router's configuration is not properly configured to allow for connection with the Aria

- New router

Please verify that your password is correct, and that router is configured to mixed mode to allow for the required 802.11b connection. If you need assistance in verifying this, consult your router's manual or contact your Internet provider.

However, before attempting setup again, I recommend the following:

1. Keep the scale within 10 feet of your main router.
2. Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
3. If you're using extenders, make sure the extender is on a lower channel than your router.

If your scale still won't connect to your network, please provide us with the following information:

1. The make and model of your router.
2. The distance of your scale from the router.
3. Your scale's firmware version. You can find this number by removing a battery from the scale for 10 seconds, placing the battery back in the scale, and turning the scale back over. On the display, you'll see the letter "V" followed by a number. This number represents your firmware version.
4. Does your WiFi password exceed 31 characters or spaces? Does it include any non-alphanumeric characters (such as ! or &)?

I addition, let me share this post "Aria Wifi ERR Solution" from @SunsetRunner where he provides other options to make it work. 

I hope this helps connect your scale.

Best Answer

Thanks for the response, but none of this is working.  My scale was working fine for over a year up untill 4/24/16. Nothing changed on my end, this is not a matter of entering a password wrong.  It worked and then it stopped.  I tried to troubleshoot everything myself and now am worse off because I can't even reinstall fitbit connect.  I consistently get a message that there's no connection even though there clearly is according to ever other device in my house or the fact I can go to fitbit.com to download the file.  This is sooooo frustrating; NOTHING has changed on my end.

Best Answer

Don't get frustrated @1tallqt Smiley Sad. At this point try to contact Costumer Support, they will be more than happy to find a quick solution for you.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

1tallqt, this same thing happened to me.  The last time my scale snyced with my fitbit was on 5-2-16.  Nothing since then.  I've had it for almost two years and it's worked perfectly until then.  I haven't changed my router, computer, or anything else nor have I installed anything new.  It just stopped adding the data on 5-2. Did you get yours to work?  If so, what did you do?  Thank you so much for your help!  This is really frustrating to me.  🙂

Best Answer

Hey @campbek thanks for join us! Smiley Happy In a few instances syncing will not complete and you may see one of the following error messages on the scale’s display:

- NO SYNC
- WIFI Symbol with an “X”
- No error message, but the measurement does not sync to your Fitbit.com account

If any of these conditions occur, consider the following:
- Have you made any changes to your network, such as a new router, network name, or password (after setting it up) ? If so, you will need to set up the scale again.
- Keep your Aria within 30 feet of the main router for optimal syncing.
- Several walls, floors, or objects between the scale and router can cause interference.
- The network may have too much traffic or there are too many other Wi-Fi networks nearby.
- The scale is connected to the router through an extender.

Let me know if you keep having issues syncing it!

Best Answer
I finally got it. 

I connected to the 802.11b signal (?) and had to enable IPv6 Pass Through through my router settings. Among other things, IPv6 allows many more devices to connect to each other via the Internet. 

Go to your router settings and use the 802.11b signa, then l enable IPv6 Pass Through. Solved the problem immediately!

Moderator edit: merged reply
Best Answer

Hi 1tallqt, compbek,

I am having the same problem with the scale. It had been working more than 1 year. It just stopped working. I did what Tarin suggested but it did not work and keep showing "Setup Active". I even tried to switch to another SSID and it didn't work either. What did you do to make it working again? It's really frustrating to me, too.

Best Answer
Honestly think Fitbit sent out a patch, though they didn't say so. No,
matter what I did, and I installed several versions of the connect desktop
app and the mobile. I went a whole mont with ni updates and several emails
back and firth about what to try. After weeks, I tried again and I'd
gotten further in the desktop app then before and it started working. I
did NOTHING different! Go head and send them an email or call so a ticket
is created. Make sure to always respond to that chain. That way, at very
least, you have a record and they have a record that you, specifically
are having issues. I was not pleased with them; when stuff works, which
is most of the time, it is great. When it doesn't work, I dread having
to talk to them. Sorry that I can't give you specifics, I literally tried
everything and gave up! I think in total a month and a half went by till it
started working and has been workin since. Meh.
Best Answer

same problem with me: I did try to reconnect a zillion times, I did change to 802.11 b (and quite a lot of them), I bridged the IP6 Adresses to "tunnel", I even assigned the channel for the 2.4G to 5 and the 5G to some 30, so all the dozens of tipps around in the internet didn´t work (and believe me, I DO know how to setup a WLAN network).

I had about a dozen contacts with the fitbit support and the answers had been less then helpfull, even tipps within this forum are not shared amongst them. 

For a network technician at the fitbit labs it´s an issue of less than a day to go through the protocolls, understand the errors and update the software and I just do be amazed that none of the fitbit crew seems to see the necessity to help us users with this one day of research and fixing! Or at least warn the rest of the world, that the Aria is not compatible with WLAN networks later than some 2015

So for me it´s as easy as that: kick fitbit out of my live (althoug I like my One a lot!) and warn all other people about the way fitbit deals with customer problems! 

Sorry fitbit, that´s NOT the way to treat customers.

August 2016

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

This solution doesn't work for me. Aria will not find my network even when I enter it manually. From reading online, support it too slow getting back to me so I've been forced to help myself, it appears that I may not be able to get it to work because my wireless router isnt supported by the scale. We have a new wireless router that is very nice, basically I have to downgrade in order to use this product. That is something I will not do.

I'm incredibly unhappy with this product and I fully intend on returning it and buying a smart scale that is more userfriendly and with better customer service. I have several friend who partipate in fit bit challenges with me, I was testing the scale out for our group. I am letting them all know not to waste their money on this device.

Best Answer

I am at my WITS END! I have followed every step - my Aria is connected to my internet and won't sync - I have tried it multiple times from various devices. It gets so far and then gives me a WIFI error code. HELP! 

Best Answer
@Momto3kidsmd I get it. Two days of trying. Absolutely no word from customer support. I'm at my wits end as well. This scale sound cool in theory but the stress isn't worth it!
@TarinFitbit are you still active on this forum and able to provide some support at all? It's difficult to get it anywhere else.
Best Answer

by far the biggest piece of crap I have every bought!!!! I will make sure to inform everyone that I know not to purchase this product ever!!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer