Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Scale Won't Sync (No Sync Error)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Aria scale for over a year now (got it for Christmas in 2015), and it had been working and syncing with the app fine. Then for some reason, on November 9, 2016, it stopped syncing. I didn't notice it hadn't been syncing until after Christmas, which means that I'm past the 1 year warranty that they give for their devices. Are there any fixes to this? I've gone through the setup process at least 20 times now, to no avail.

I've also checked my router settings (to the best of my knowledge, everything looks good), and I still can't get it to update or sync. On my account, it says that the last sync was still in November.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

We have had the Aria scale for about a year.  Several weeks ago, the aria scale stopped syncing with my fitbit and also my husband's fitbit application on iphone.  There are no errors.  The weight just does not show up in the application.  I have cleared the junk off of my iphone as one article on internet said to do but it still is not working.  This is very frustrating.

Best Answer

@BenA10 It's great to have you both aboard in the Fitbit Community! If you are getting a "No Sync" message, please take a look at Andrew's post for more information and updates regarding this issue.

@debramiller Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I would like to know if you have checked your web-based Dashboard and the weights do appear there. Also, does the app show the "Weight" tile? In the meantime, please try setting up your Aria scale from scratch and see if your Aria readings appear on the app as it used to.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
The weight shows up in the dashboard but it is a weight from several
weeks ago. The new weights are not being uplated to app on phone.
NOTE: THERE ARE NO ERRORS shown on any device.
Best Answer

@debramiller Thanks for getting back! Please make sure that your phone has the most recent app version installed. If so, log out of the app, restart your iPhone. Once this has been done, open the app, log in and weight yourself 3 times in order to see if those readings get synced with your Fitbit app.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my story. I have a Fitbit Aria, and I could get connected, always ERR message or NO SYNC message. I contacted Customer Support, and they finnaly told me: We are SORRY, but we are not going to replace your scale. No matters if the scale is broke, no matters if it is under warranty, you didn't have a proof of purchase from us. Sorry, buy another scale somewhere else who produce quality products and take care of the customers. I HATE FITBIT.

Best Answer

@MartinNitro It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I really appreciate your feedback and thanks for sharing your experience. Our support requests a purchase receipt in order to review the warranty of your device if it needs to be replaced.

Are you able to get a receipt from the store your purchased your scale from?

For more information about our warranty policies please visit this page.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have bought it thru ebay. 20th Feb.
The ebay seller name is northwest-outdoor and he is selling lots of this
scales thru ebay ( item number 221992461509). Here is a screenshot of the
ebay transaction.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MartinNitro Thanks for providing the details. I noticed that you also created another post. Please refer to it for more information since I replied yesterday.

Keep me posted if you have any doubts or questions my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried Andrew's post but I still can't connect? help! 😞 Just got the scale today

ASCB
Best Answer

@Anapokora Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Please take a look at this help article and make sure that your network has the settings that requires the Aria scale. Once this has been verified, try the setup process one more time.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria stopped synching Feb 22, 2017.  I have reset it multiple times to no avail.  I have been through all the message boards, but have not yet seen a solution.  Very frustrating, I could have bought a cheap digital scale and just keyed in myself every day.  One of the posts referred to an attached article but there was none.  When will this be fixed?  By the way, i am on COMCAST.

Best Answer

@boileric Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not syncing with your WiFi. Please take a look at the steps that shares my friend Matthew in this post. These troubleshooting steps are specifically for Comcast routers.

Hope this helps my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
That worked! Thanks for sending me the post for new Comcast routers! Now I have to lose the weight I gained when I wasn't getting recorded!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@boileric I'm so glad to hear that the post shared above helped you to get this issue sorted out! Thanks for keeping the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have looked through probably EVERY forum and contacted Fitbit directly and NOTHING WORKS. I'm beyond pissed off. It literally stopped working last Wednesday. My Internet provider DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. I did not change anything. What the hell is happening? Is this some bug that hasn't been fixed? If so, some sort of notification would have been great.  I keep being told, oh just contact your service provider. Well that's not helpful at all, especially if the requirements have already been met. 

Best Answer

I'm in exactly the same position and loosing the will to live with this set of scales. 

Its not that the scales won't ever connect to the WiFI, they just randomly drop off the network every week and for no reason whatsoever. Usually after wasting hours with multiple attempts to connect by defaulting the unit to setup mode I can manage to reconnect to the network, however this time it refuses point blank. On Wednesday it worked - since yesterday absolutely no connection despite literally everything. I spent 4 hours trying everything under the sun and wasting my time.

I'm so sick of wasting my time with these scales and would have bought a completely different brand, however literally everything we have is fitbit and integrated so I didn't want to do that. We have so many Fitbit products and to have scales that don't link would be a pain.

I looked to see if there was a newer version that had better firmware and discovered the Aria 2 so have actually pre-ordered a set of those. It's just infuriating to have to do this when I have a fully functioning Aria 1 that is just refusing to connect due to design flaws. Now I'm paying £129 to get what I should already have - a set of wifi scales that can connect via wifi - it's **ahem** infuriating. 

The worst part is that the scales aren't even available to ship yet so I'm left without the ability to track properly for another month or two! Argh !! I know I can manually log the weight, but the scales don't show decimals of a lb so you end up being very imprecise when you're on an extremely precise training schedule.

The whole situation stinks ! 

Best Answer

I couldn't reply off Andrew's post so I am doing it here. I just walked through the set up and am still having the same issue. I saw that the previous thread was from February. Could it be happening again?

Best Answer
Yes, I got mine fixed in February and now it is not working again. I am
not sure if it is the same issue or not.....looking at it now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria also stopped syncing February 22, 2017. Nothing changed, just stopped, and none of these articles do a thing about it. Nothing works, and for this much money, it shouldn’t be this hard. So not worth it!

Best Answer