Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Scale is 10 pounds under

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Aria scale for about 2 years. I love it! But recently it has been weighing everyone about 10 pounds light. Can I reset it? 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Same just happened to me after 1 year. Would love to know an answer. I've taken the batteries out, waited 10 mins and put them back in - then made sure the scale was on a very hard, level surface..... but still 5-10lbs under what I know I weigh. My wife stepped on - and reading was off the same amount. 

Will monitor to see if a good fix comes up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hansens61 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale is not tracking your weight accurately. Please restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the 4 batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and see if the issue gets fixed.

@TommySchenck Thanks for joining us in this thread and out Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps that are recommended for this type of issues. I would like you to just try re-calibrating your scale by weighing yourself 5 consecutive times. After this, check out if your weights are consistent.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact problem, and my parents do too (I purchased one for them at the same time as a gift). I'm disappointed the solution is to weigh myself consecutively five times with new batteries because I've tried this unsuccessfully. As a resolution, is it possible for Fitbit to honor the purchases by replacing the scales? Please advise and I will have my parents go through the same process. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I agree please replace these scales!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancepantss Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your and your parents scales are not tracking your weights either. I would just like to know if your scales are placed on a flat surface and you are standing on the scales barefoot. If these details are already covered, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

@Hansens61 Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I appreciate the escalation, nothing yet though I look forward to hearing from your team soon. Lmk if there's anything else you need from me!

And to address your question, the answer is that yes the scales have been tested on multiple flat surfaces and with bare feet. Thanks for the thoroughness.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancepantss Thank you for getting back and taking the time to answer to the questions! Our team will contact you soon regarding the accuracy issues that your Aria is experiencing.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

i would really like a reply From Fitbit customer service because my scale also shows I am 10 pounds below what my actual weight is. Nothing on this scale is consistent..  sometimes body fat is at 5% and other times at 30. 

I spent a lot of money on this scale and as much as I believe it’s a isolated incident, it’s not because all kinds of people are sending in their complaints . 

Best Answer

I tried removing the batteries one more time, for whatever reason it worked.  Now I'm being recorded with the right weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone solved this issue?  My Aria is weighing everyone off by around 10 pounds.  We have wood floors.  I have tried to reset.  I can weigh multiple times in a row and the range is up to 10 pound difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes