Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria - Sensing, Step Off, Thinking, Err

SOLVED

I got the Aria for Christmas and got it connected to wifi successfully. Straight out of the box when I step on I get: Sensing, Step Off, Thinking, Err. Not once has Aria ever recorded my weight or given me a number. It's connected to my fitbit app and the wifi so everything seems to be working besides doing what it's meant to do. Do I need a new Aria?  

Accepted Solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@livefitjill @WTCheering @ATXNascar It seems that you have troubleshooted this issue properly without success my friends. I suggest you to contact our support team as my friends @SaraFinn and @Jaymur did so they can review your case and get you back on track.

Hope to hear from you soon guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Accepted Solution
406 REPLIES

@SaraFinn It's great to see you in the Community! It's odd that your Aria is showing an error in a short period after you got it. I recommend taking the batteries out for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, make sure that you step on the scale barefooted and the scale is placed on a hard surface.

Let me know the outcome and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

I am having the exact same issues and getting really frustrated

@SaraFinn wrote:

I got the Aria for Christmas and got it connected to wifi successfully. Straight out of the box when I step on I get: Sensing, Step Off, Thinking, Err. Not once has Aria ever recorded my weight or given me a number. It's connected to my fitbit app and the wifi so everything seems to be working besides doing what it's meant to do. Do I need a new Aria?  

Accepted Solution

@livefitjill Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Let me know if you have tried the steps that I suggested in my post above. If so, I recommend contacting our Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  It connected to the WIFI without any problem, but does the Thinking ERR.  I have done the remove battery for 15 seconds and back several times.   Has anyone that had this problem been able to fix it.

Accepted Solution

@ATXNascar Thanks for joining our Community! It seems that you have troubleshooted properly. Before determine the cause of the issue, I'd like to know if you made sure to weigh yourself barefooted and your Aria is placed on a flat surface since your scale is not used this way, the readings might not be measured properly.

I'll be around so I can advise accordingly! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
Yes I weighed barefoot and I had the scale on a flat surface. It is my second scale. The first one I received for Christmas. I bought it assuming it was new but It had been used, scratched up and it looks like a battery exploded in the compartment. I really want it to work, just frustrated.
Accepted Solution

@ATXNascar You have covered all the troubleshooting steps recommended for this issue. I suggest you to contact our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I took the batteries out and put them back in, stepped on the scale barefoot on the bothroom tile. I am still having the same issue, what are my next steps?

Accepted Solution

@SaraFinn Since the steps recommended previously weren't successful, I suggest you to contact our Customer Support team and they will be glad to find a solution for you my friend.

Catch ya later! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

how can a live chat with an online rep? I can't seem to find it as an option under the contact support link

Accepted Solution

I did exactly what you said and I am having the same issue. I really think this is a lemon scale and I need to get a replacement scale. I'm so frustrated!

Accepted Solution

I contacted support and they are looking into getting me a replacement maybe you are having the same issue!

Accepted Solution
My Aria scale weighed me fine this AM. Just tried to update my Aria scale with the new router password. Took about an hour for it to achieve success. Step on the scale, barefoot on a even surface, ERR. Took the batteries out, reconnected, stepped on the scale on an even surface, ERR. Replaced the new batteries with different new batteries, reconnected my ARIA scale to the router, stepped onto the scale barefoot on a smooth even surface, ERR. Turned the router off, turned it back on a few minutes later, took the batteries out of the scale, waited, reinstalled the batteries, reconnected the scale to the router again, stepped on the scale barefoot on a smooth surface, ERR! Mind you again the scale weighed everyone this morning without any issue except it could not connect to the router. Any other suggestions? If no please provide me with a phone number to contact Customer Support.
Accepted Solution

Same issue here.. have contacted support!

Accepted Solution

@livefitjill @WTCheering @ATXNascar It seems that you have troubleshooted this issue properly without success my friends. I suggest you to contact our support team as my friends @SaraFinn and @Jaymur did so they can review your case and get you back on track.

Hope to hear from you soon guys! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

I contacted support and they are sending me a new one after I provided proof of purchase!

Accepted Solution

@SaraFinn I'm so glad to hear that your Aria is being replaced with a new unit. Thank you for keeping posted on the outcome.

I invite you to visit our "Discussions" board where you can meet more people, share your experiences and create new topics.

Hope you have a great day my friend! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

I am having the same ERR issue. I have moved and it took days to finally get the ARIA to update to the new WIFI code. Now it says my data comapy FiOS my router, Hi Smiley Happy Step on...Sensing...Step off...Thinking...ERR. I have been working for the combo connecting router and now scale to WORK for weeks. This is so frustrating. New batteries, the same batteries it didnt matter either. I need HELP!

Accepted Solution

+1 Another bricked Aria Scale to report .

Working fine .. then all of a sudden STEP OFF --- THINKING --- ERR.

Battery Removal ( the classic have you tried turning it on and off again has no basis but yes has been done .. with countless optional stuff .. like leaving the out for hours  , new batteryts etc etc. Zippo.

I also went through set up again and confirmed the scale at least connected to the router . So from the Router side it doesnt give any indication what problem is . No error logged on that side . From Fitbit side well there is absolutely no diagnostic or information ot be had anywhere from the device .. its a brick now . 

Thats not very well thought through .

Support contacted and I guess they will have no options but to replace it .

All very well but its kinda frustrating in the mean time .. no scales .

Accepted Solution