Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357
I know - such a waste! Very disappointing. So many customers affected.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gloto @Daphne3872 Thank you for getting back to the Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on your case. Please let me know what is the brand of your router. This will help me to assist you accordingly.

@Millzy64 I'm sorry to hear that you decided to stop using the Aria scale. I really appreciate your feedback. This info will be sent to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit I have a Xfinity (Comcast) router

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daphne3872 Thank you for letting me know this information! I would like to know if you have tried the troubleshooting steps that are recommended in this post. The troubleshooting steps in that post have been helpful for Xfinity Comcast routers.

Let me know how it goes and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

how do I set my router to run on another protocol?  Got a new router, and now the scale doesn't work.  To much $$ to have to buy a new scale.  Boo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my router settings to include b but every time I try to connect the scale says "WIFI ERR" and goes back into SETUP ACTIVE. I need help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have Comcast?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, no help is forthcoming from Fitbit. On the communities you will see lots of suggested advice, and people who say things work. I’m glad it worked for them, but for me NONE of it worked.I have beat my head against the wall, I had postS removed from forUm leaders, and my link to my BBB complaint removed. I wish I had a better answer. I removed my batteries from my scale for better purposes. I got an email from Fitbit saying “they are aware of the problem and are working on it.” But that has apparently been a three-year process because some of these posts go back to 2015. I am sorry to say, you are beating a dead horse Trying to find any help or solutions here or from Fitbit. No one is coming to rescue you from Fitbit. I’m so sorry.
Best Answer
0 Votes
To the admin

Please please please remove me from this thread. I threw away my scale a while ago. These updates only irritate me by reminding me of the money o wasted.

Thanks

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer

@dlraymer It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! I want to follow up on your case and wanna know if your Aria scale could be set up or if you still need help with the setup process. Regarding your question about how to change your router's protocol, please get in touch with your Internet service provider.

@jecomebb Thanks for joining our Fitbit forums! As my friend @JesOliver asked, please provide the make and model of your router. This info will help us to provide the proper solution for you.

@Jjthfuture I totally understand your frustration about this. Our team is actively looking on this and I thank you for your feedback.

@Gloto I'm sorry to hear that you stopped using the Aria scale and than you for your feedback. In order to stop receiving updates of this thread, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of your post and click on "Unsubscribe".

Catch you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Protocol doesn't matter. After screwing around with entering the MAC address of the Scale into my Gateway to see if that would work and other junk. It ended up being that the scale name was auto changed . During setup spaces are not going to work . You need to login to your fitbit account to get the scale name. Mine was changed to 2 words with a space between. I changed mine to one word. I went through the setup again and put that scale name in and I was golden. Now. Pay me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get into the Comcast Gateway.I changed the setting from g/n to b/g/n.The scale then linked and communicated with my scale.  Frederick Sidoti

| | Virus-free. www.avg.com |
Best Answer

Stupid question..... but I can’t find where to delete the aria from my account. I’ve looked every logical place & don’t see it. Can you help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did that and didn’t work. Changed my network name and my password to no spaces and no special characters. Still WiFi err
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too:(

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RazzleTom @Jjthfuture I'm really sorry to hear that your Aria scales are still not being able to connect with your routers. Our team is looking into this. I really appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

@djfred4 I'm glad to hear that your Aria scale connected with your network. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Mmsauntie Regarding your question, please check out this post, which explains how to remove your scale from your Fitbit account.

I'll be around if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the Aria scale work with 802.11ac modems?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what if it does run .11n or g. What do I do then?

My answer is, returning to the store. I don't have fancy characters in my name etc. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pick g

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip. It worked! It took comcast to come here as I couldn’t access the router internals. Comcast customer service is the worse!!

Best Answer