Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357
I had mine working, changed my WiFi ssid, and didn’t reset-up the scale. Mine still works a scale and body fat thing, it just doesn’t sync to anything. I can enter it into the apps just as easily.

Sincerely,

Aaron Jose
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion except I have so many other devices hooked up to
WIFI and that would require recoding all of them
Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG!  Dude, you solved it for me.  I’ve spent hours trying to figure this out.  After I read this post, I went in and changed my router settings to support 802.11 b/g/n (previously it was defaulted at 802.11 g/n).  This did it.  I would never have guessed!  Thank you very much!

Best Answer

That’s Exactly what happened to me. I had to reset Alexa and my printers and a bunch of other stuff. Nightmare

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently time-travel back to 1999 when b was released🙄 Bad call, Fitbit.

802.11b? B? I bought this scale in 2014- 15 years after b was released. It's now 2018 - 19 years after the release of b and we now have a new router thatis only backwards compatible to G, (which was released 15 years ago) and so the Aria no longer connects. 

What kind of gadget company makes a decision to use technology that has been superceded by that much? 

I'm certainly not buying another one in hopes you've "upgraded" all the way to g.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I definitely understand how frustrating this is for you. Thank you so much for your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve seen numerous post that the configurations are out of date. My Fitbit aria is still stuck with older configurations. I still have not been able to synced for 1 year. I did everything your systems configurations is out of date. I’ve heard that it hasn’t changed for a long time. If you have so many unhappy customers complaining of the same issues. I think it’s time to look into the configurations. I definitely will not he buying another scale.

Best Answer

@hopentyler Thank you for getting back and your comments! Since our team is reviewing this issue, I really appreciate your patience and time. We'll be happy to post a solution in this thread when available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After struggling with this for nearly an hour, I found a solution to getting past the final step of the setup process: Do your setup close to your wifi access point.

Best Answer

Cheers for sharing that, I’m glad it worked for you. Unfortunately I already tried that. I’m switching to the Qardio scale - does more, great customer service and syncs with a blood pressure cuff that is medically recognised (I have severe hypotension 😊)

Cheers again,

Darsidhe

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that and it didn’t work.
Best Answer

@PixelWrangler Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm glad to hear that your Aria scale could be connected. Thank you for sharing the workaround.

@Darsidhe @Jjthfuture I'm sorry to hear that your scales are still unable to connect. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
Yes, it connected...then went into constant ERR mode. Tried reconnecting,
rebooting, re-everything. I couldn't even get the device back to a basic
scale so I gave it away and got a cheaper electronic scale that covers the
basics.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is absolutely ridiculous no one can get their scales to sync.  You’re company still uses the older configuration. I am highly dissatisfied about your scale I can’t sync at all. This scale is useless. I will definitely will go to another’s company.

Best Answer

@KayakSkier @hopentyler I'm sorry to hear that your Aria kept showing the same error message. I understand your frustration about this and thank you so much for your feedback and comments.

Best Answer

My protocol is 802.11n, how do I change it to the protocol needed to sync my fit bit aria?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit Support, I think the time has come where you might want to consider
creating a repository of self-help articles on Re-enabling 802.11b /
Wireless B on different, commonly available wireless modem-routers. You
might be surprised with who will chime in from the community with
screenshots and examples to help build such repository. Reading through
most replies here, I'm convinced a large majority of issues are caused by
people not having Wireless B enabled on their newer network gear. Yes
wireless B is being phased out, and yes it degrades co-existing 2.4ghz
networks, but just to get Fitbit back on track as a brand, and so that
people understand that there is another side to this dilemma which is out
of your control. I think you should at the very least post something about
'Wireless B must be supported and enabled' on people's networks. Cheers,
Tricky
Best Answer

@Piramedic06 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria could be connected to our WiFi.

@its_Tricky83 Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'll make sure to send it to the rest of our team as it helps us to keep improving our products and services.

I'll be around if you guys have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Juan,

I got your message re: removing my post stating that Fitbit’s usage of an already superceded technology from 1999 was a failure in development. If it was my obvious anger (though I used no inappropriate language) that violated the community guidelines, then you should be able to leave this one up so that the problem is clear. 

If, however, the “violation” was to point out the clear failure on Fitbit’s part that is causing so many problems, then I guess you’ll delete this one, too, and we’ll learn something else about Fitbit’s learning procedures and respect for customers.

An okay idea but it shouldn’t be necessary to muck around with up to date tech because Fitbit decided to use tech that was already twice superceded when the Arias using it were released. They should offer to replace the scales with an upgraded scale, free of charge to anyone who experiences this foreseeable problem. Unless, ofcourse, the current version of the scale is still on B and this is happening to newly purchased scales, too - if that is the case, they should be offering full returns, and making it very clear on all the product info & packaging that it uses B so may not be compatible with most current Wifi routers.

Yours demurely,

Darcy 

Best Answer

@Darsidhe I definitely understand your point and how you feel about this. Your feedback is well received as this helps us for improvement. I'll make sure to forward this info to our team.

Best Answer