Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

Thank you!!!!!! You solved my problem I've had for over a year! I got a new XFinity router last year and the stupid scale never synced again until I followed your suggestion with a mobile hotspot. Now no problems!

What the suggestion was is to create a mobile hotspot (if your cell phone/provider allows it) and have the Aria go through setup with that network instead of your home network. You just have to turn on your hotspot everytime you want the Aria to sync so it uses your cell phone data plan.

My problem was, I guess, my XFinity router and even after changing it to allow a/b/g it didn't work. The hotspot solved my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t see this suggestion.  Can you give me some details as to how you solved this problem?

Best Answer

I will have to say the amount of hours and months that I spent on this aria I almost threw it in the garbage. For anyone that is having problems, and you will shake your head in disbelief. 1) change the router to if you are able to 802.11mixed (n/g/b) )  name of your router/ modem if it has any numbers underscores or characters remove it. For an example apple1234 just name it apple. Setup your aria and voila it freaking works.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have infinity, you can use the infinity xFi app to change your WiFi
mode to 802.11 b,g,n. It doesn’t effect any of my other devices, but the Aria requires this mode
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
After you finally get the stupid scale on the network, you’ll eventually run into the issue when it goes into a endless loop of SENSING and STEP ON, STEP OFF, killing the batteries.

Take my word for it, people. This scale will drive you to drink (and we all know the calories in booze). Return or trash the scale and get an Aria 2 or one from another brand. My life has been much less stressful after dumping my Aria 1. Actually, I’ve had two Aria 1’s, since they sent me a second one when the first started having issues. Both are in the trash.

Have a good day!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m with you dayboyzpop! Mine lost sync again so I bought another brand. I say, give your Aria 1 to your ex as a parting gift.

Best Answer

Switching to mixed mode (802.11mixed (n/g/b) ) solved this for me. Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer

I've had my Aria scale 2 years this past February and loved it! Worked yesterday and ERR today. Batteries weren't dead,  no router or wifi changes. Went through all troubleshooting with fitbit just to be told its defective and out of warranty. I've had $30 scales last longer than this. Disappointing for sure! It is connected to wifi but does the sensing, step off, thinking, ERR....

Best Answer
0 Votes

in my case number in SSID was the issue. I wasted 6 hrs.  Aria firmware V39

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I really understand your frustration and know how you feel about the syncing issues that your Aria scales are experiencing. I would like you to take a look and follow the workaround that shared @prncssgeek in her post. If the issue persists, please let me know what is the make and model of your routers.

Hope to hearing from you soon guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues as others all of a sudden my Aria will not connect with my network.

I keep getting the WIFI ERR message even though it sees the wireless SSD name.

I am getting the wireless through my cable router.

The settings are controlled by the cable company.

All of my other devices are working fine only this scale.

I cannot change the setting to 802.11b.

What else can be done.

This is an old network setting how come Fitbit has not been updated to accept all.

This has been working fine for two years with the same router and configuration, now it won't connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all the many suggestions re brain damaging the Router: naming, WPA2 v WEP v no security, reduction to 802.11b, removing account etc etc.  The Aria is not Fit(Bit) for purpose!  It is not worth the time and trouble.  Mine is out of warranty in the UK so is effectively junk.  My best option is probably to ignore all the tech fix nonsense and head to the small claims court.  Do not buy one.  

J

Best Answer
What is the SSID (name) of your network?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll say it again. You may eventually get past the issue and get connected. Throw a short term party for that, because you will in all likelihood get disconnected again OR more frustrating, run into the SENSING loop, constantly killing your batteries. Trash the scale and get an ARIA2 or another brand. I’ve gone through 2 ARIAs that ended up in the trash bin, no issues at all with the ARIA2.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@djfred4 I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale has stopped connecting with your network. Please take a look at Kate's post since she mentioned an update about this issue. If you need help with the network changes, please get in touch with your Internet service provider so they can guide you step by step to change the protocol to 802.11 b/g/n.

Let me know if you have additional questions my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Thank you fir reaching out. Syncing a scale should not have to be rocket science. Two years later, I gave it away.

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer

Ditto!!!  4 hours and $ wasted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Re-configuring my entire network and every device for every user because this thing decided one day to stop connecting?  That is not a solution.  I spent $20 on a digital body fat scale on Amazon and tossed this brick in the trash where it belongs.   My new $20 scale works perfectly, stores 10 users, measures more stats and now I just take the 2 seconds to manually log my weight into MFP. 

Best Answer
What scale is that you speak of?

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I take it back!!!  It worked initially, but then disconnected again 

Best Answer
0 Votes