Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "WiFi ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My scale has worked for 2 years but on March 18th it started reading WiFi err. Nothing has changed on my WiFi and I tried to change my settings like a few posts said to WiFi mode b but that didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! I really understand your frustration since your Aria scales are not connecting with your networks. Please take a look at Kate's post where she shared a workaround and an updated regarding this issue.

I'll be around if you have additional questions. See you all later guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

@rynetyme Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting with your WiFi. I would like to know what is the brand of your router. This information will help me to provide the correct solution for you.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Xfinity Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac XB3
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.  WiFi worked fine for years, now it has disconnected.

ARRIS SURFboard 6900-AC

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too Xfinity 802.11 b/g/n - it was working for years then stopped. I reconnected last week and now same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also have Aria & no problem for 2 years, including reconnecting after hurricane & no power for 10 days. Stopped working 3/21 & now after hours of wasted time & Fitbit instructions to reset protocol, which was set as required, I still can’t connect to network. So ......frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue my Aria was fine for 3 years moved twice no issues! Last sync was March 12th? Was there a firmware update or something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  My first Aria scale had similar issues so I contacted Fitbit, after several emails they agreed there was something wrong with it.  I sent it back and they sent me a new one.  The new one connected right away and was working great until about a month ago.  I am getting the same wifi err message when I try to set it up.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same ERR code here. last Sync 20 March. Mac PC & Laptop, Phone, all to latest update. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria scale was also working fine, changed the router (Netgear XR500) and using a guest network (802.11a/b/g) since it is recommended this scale will not connect on an n/ac protocol. I have modified the guest network settings to a hexadecimal password. The scale connects to the network and I get the "Success, you are connected message". Step on Scale - "THINKING.....ERR"....rinse, repeat.

This scale worked fine since I purchased in Dec. 2016 and I have spent roughly 6 hours over the last week troubleshooting it.

Best Answer

Ok - just tried "stepping on it 5 times" - I think this is Aria tech support code for "this scale has a tough time connecting with the new firmware so try it 5 times on the off chance you might get lucky and it connects before you get discouraged".

This scale is rapidly becoming a paperweight and I recall vividly spending $129 USD on this scale with an expectation that the lifetime exceed the current 17 months.

Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

Best Answer
Xfinity Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac XB3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I really understand your frustration since your Aria scales are not connecting with your networks. Please take a look at Kate's post where she shared a workaround and an updated regarding this issue.

I'll be around if you have additional questions. See you all later guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like all I have tried "everything" to reconnect the Aria scale. After talking to Comcast, who couldn't help I tried one more time.  This time I was interrupted during the set-up process. The steps tell you connect scale to the Aria network, next return to Fitbit, choose WiFI network to make Aria secure. This is when I had to leave the room. 

The next steps in the process say return to settings, confirm WiFi network is connected, return to Fitbit.  This is when Aria would show "saving WiFI network" keep spinning & go back to showing Setup Active.  

This time when I came back into the room, Aria was showing the message linking and then the 'check' mark came up!  The app then confirmed 'success'.  I have no idea if this was a fluke or Aria sensed she was headed for greener pastures, but she's connected now.  I can only suggest giving it a try.  Follow the steps through connecting the scale to Aria in Settings, return to Fitbit, pick the secure WiFi network from the list Fitbit brings up - don't go back to Settings & let Aria do her thing.  I'm crossing my fingers! 

Best Answer

@Hgolfer I'm so glad to hear that you got your Aria scale set up! Thank you for sharing the workaround that helped you to get your Aria scale connected. I'm sure this will help other users.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing.  It initially says it's connected, but then when I weigh again, there is an X stating that the info hasn't synced.

My router is a technicolor tc8715d.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KKayJ I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! Thank you for providing your router's info by the way.

I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale is sending and syncing your data properly now. In the meantime, let me know if you have made changes to your network (WiFi password, router settings).

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately Aria was good for two days, but then disconnected from the network again. No I did not make any changes to the network when the scale finally connected. After spending no less than 4 hour hours trying to resolve the problem, the effort to accommodate the Fitbit scale at his point is not worth it. If I were successful in resetting the protocol, which requires setting up another network, name, password, etc., I'd be face with having to set everything else that currently works correctly.
Best Answer

@Hgolfer Thank you for getting back! I want to know if you followed the information that shared Kate. Also, please reply with the make and model of your router.

In the meantime, try resetting your router and try the setup process one more time.

Keep me posted my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are a Xfinity (Comcast) customer and are using their router, please read this solution if your Aria Scale stopped working around March 2018.  It took me 3 months to find the root of the problem, but one setting change on the router fixed my problem with the WIFI ERR message that I was getting.

Short explanation: the Xfinity Router WiFi configuration for the 2.4 GHz radio had reverted to 802.11 g/n protocols only.   However, I believe that the Aria Scale needs 802.11 "b" to work properly.   

Solution: If you have the Xfinity xFi mobile app installed on your smart phone, the change is very simple make in the app.  If you use a web browser to manage your router, the steps are similar but slightly different.

In the mobile app, choose Network from the bottom menu > scroll to bottom of the next screen and choose Advanced Settings > select 2.5 and 5 GHz WiFi > select Edit for the 2.4 GHz WiFi > change the WiFi Mode value from 802.11 g,n to be 802.11 b,g,n.  Apply Changes.

My Aria Scale then worked immediately.  Like most people who had been using the scale for months or years, I couldn't understand why the problem happened in March 2018 for so many users.  I suspect Xfinity pushed an update to their router during that time that changes some defaults and inadvertently disabled the "b" protocol. 

I hope this helps anyone who hasn't yet tossed their scale out of frustration!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer