Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria and Fitbit app showing different weights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scales and my fitbit app have started showing different weights. I get that the scales round your weight up or down to the nearest lb, but my recently the scales for example have show exactly 1 lb whilst the app shows exactly 2 lbs. Obviously it's a bit annoying if I'm losing weight but the app isn't displaying it correctly. I could even understand if I the lb weight was 1.8 on the app and the scales showed 1, but there's no way 2 can be rounded down to 1.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

@Facecloth It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Fitbit app shows different readings than the Aria scale. Please log out of the app, restart your phone. After this open the app, log in and weigh yourself in order to take a measurement as a test and see if the readings are more accurate after this.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo thanks for replying. I've tried that process this morning and whilst the scales show me as dead on the stone, the app shows 1lb over. I have a previous set of digital scales that are reading the same as the Aria scales so it seems the issue is what's showing on the app.

Best Answer

Same issue.  My Aria is new.    todays's weigh in is telling me (from my weight widget: 11st 7.2   37.6% body fat.

Yet, when I look at Account > Aria > Recent Weigh In's, it's showing 11.5 stone (body fat reading is the same). This is nuts??  that's 2lb out.  That's a week of hard work and dieting, to not be certain if it's paid off, after paying £90 quid for the scales!

Is it the app?  Is it the scales?  Either way, one isn't working, can you please investigate rather than suggesting a reboot.

Summary: Scales read: 11.7st

Recent Weight In's (App) read: 11.5st

Weigh Widget (App) read 11.7st

just changed my phone settings to Kg, and now both App readings are showing the same (73.1kg).  Maybe it's the conversion calculation that is not working on the Recent Weigh In's as when I switch between metric and imperial, its out.

Just had my friend check.  same issue.  Recent weigh in list is 2lb out, but if he changes to metric, it's accurate. Seems you have a bug / conversion issue for people who use stones and view it in 'recent weights' from Aria device section.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Thanks Mellington. I'll try that tonight. I kind of like weighing myself in stones though, it's kind of how I was brought up, and it's what I've been tracking my weight at, so will be annoying to have to switch to KGs to get an accurate reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep it in stones, but just ignore the 'Recent Weigh-Ins' from the Aria section - I think this is the bit that's showing dodgy results/conversion in to stones. 

Hopefully they will fix, but for now it seems, scales are ok, and the Weight tracked on widget are ok - so just track in Stones as you would normally 🙂  That's what I'm doing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm scales actually say one weight and then the app recorded a 3lb weigh difference. The scales show the correct weight in stones so why dosent the app just record that? For a very expensive of scales I would expect them to be more accurate. Very frustrating to have to keep changing it manually.

@Facecloth wrote:

My Aria scales and my fitbit app have started showing different weights. I get that the scales round your weight up or down to the nearest lb, but my recently the scales for example have show exactly 1 lb whilst the app shows exactly 2 lbs. Obviously it's a bit annoying if I'm losing weight but the app isn't displaying it correctly. I could even understand if I the lb weight was 1.8 on the app and the scales showed 1, but there's no way 2 can be rounded down to 1.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Mellingtons wrote:

Just had my friend check.  same issue.  Recent weigh in list is 2lb out, but if he changes to metric, it's accurate. Seems you have a bug / conversion issue for people who use stones and view it in 'recent weights' from Aria device section.

there must also be an issue with conversion from kg to lbs, then, because I'm also seeing a difference in lbs.  I know my scale said 148 something, and then the fitbit app said 149.2.  I guess I could join the rest of their world and weigh in kgs.  For me, the main thing is that I am seeing a trend.  But, I really don't know what to make of kgs.  Metric confuses us Americans.  lol.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the delayed response! However, I'll be glad to help you with the discrepancy issues. I would like to know if the weigh ins are showing properly now or if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your responses! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.

This morning my scales show 14st 6lb. which is 202 lbs, which when you divide by 14 is 14.4 st.

.4 st is 6 lbs.

The dashboard shows me as 14.4 st. It's a decimal conversion issue.

It's a basic high school maths decimal conversion issue, nobody displays stone in decimal!.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's great to see new faces in our Fitbit forums. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your weight is not showing properly in the app either. If you haven't done so, please log out of the app, restart your phone and open log out in order to log in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if the issue gets corrected.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Juan, thanks for your reply.

The issue is how your dashboard decimalises lbs

6 lbs is .4 Stone.

It's nothing that can be fixed by logging in or out, it's you're issue, not mine....

When I click the tile on the dashboard  it shows Stone and lbs

28-06-2018 18-14-16.png

When I click "Show More" it then switches to Stone and decimal points

28-06-2018 18-16-41.png

14.7 stone is actually also 14 stone 9.8 lbs! 8.8 lbs is .62, but I assume you guys round up.

It's a display issue, not a data issue, the data is (kind of) accurate, your dashboard is just displaying it in a crazy way, it's like saying I'm driving at 63 miles and hour and 900 meters per second.

Best Answer

Keep em coming! All great analogies..and yep..same problem still. It's like when....fitbit scales tells you, you are 2lb heavier than you actually are when you do the conversion correctly from kg's???

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's like ( and it's taken me all night to think of this), it's like when you stand on a weighing scales, and it doesn't accurately tell you your weight.

Best Answer

Lol. It's EXACTLY like that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

JuanJo, riddle me this.

My dashboard shows me three weights.

I can assume one is my target

What are the other two?

07-07-2018 08-27-33.png

Also, when I then click on today, I see a fourth weight

07-07-2018 08-31-02.png

If I click "see more", I get a different representation of one of the first 4 numbers, likely 3 or 4, let's call the new one 5.

07-07-2018 08-32-56.png

I know I'm not 14st 0lb because that's my target, and I can deduce that 14.3 is a decimal representation of something which is probably rounded up, but am I 14st 3.4lb, 14st 4.7lb or  14st 4.6lb

All I really want from your product is one number in the morning...

Why can't your own website agree in three different places ?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @Mellingtons Thank you for getting back guys!  Our team is currently reviewing and working on a fix to this issue. They are aware of this and thank you for taking the time to report it. Once there is a fix, we'll make sure to post an update.

I really appreciate your patience and time with this!

Best Answer

Any news on the fix? I'm having this problem too. For £90 it would be good to have a set of scales that will actually tell me what I weigh! 

Best Answer

@Jax13 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your app doesn't show the same readings that your Aria itself shows. Our team is still reviewing this issue and expect to have it resolved soon. In the meantime, make sure that your phone has the most recent app version. If the app version is the most recent one, restart your phone and open the app again. Finally, monitor the following the weigh ins and compare if they're the same on the app and your Aria itself.

Your patience is greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, but o let since moving from iOS to android. Also I no longer see my BMI in the app which was very helpful before

Have the scale display saying 11 lb, the Fitbit dashboard saying 11.6 - fine, glad to have the extra data there, but the recent weigh ins says 8 lb 

Hoping that my switch from iOS to android may explain this or help you figure it out?

Best Answer