Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I put new batteries in my aria. It seemed to never properly cycle off and my battery life was about 2 weeks, dead again! Any ideas on how to get the scale back in proper form?
Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Welcome to the community @Kelly123. Have you tried restarting the Aria scale by removing its batteries for at least 10 seconds? 

In regard to your Charge, make sure that the tracker is actually fully charging and restart the tracker. Are you syncing using a supported mobile device or computer? If you are using a mobile device, do you have the background sync option enabled? Is this the first time that the tracker loses its charge in one day?

Looking forward to your reply.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll try the Aria restart today. As for the Charge, II don't have it auto synced with a device. It's not the first time, and I'm really disappointed that I can't go 24 hours without charging it. I like tracking my weekly/monthly progress and these gaps throw everything off.
Best Answer

Thank you for trying my recommendation @Kelly123. If you are still struggling with your tracker, my best suggestion is to contact customer support so they can give you a hand. If you have any questions about your tracker's Warranty Policy, check out this article.

Keep me posted.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started happening to my aria as well.  

@Spmhutt wrote:
I put new batteries in my aria. It seemed to never properly cycle off and my battery life was about 2 weeks, dead again! Any ideas on how to get the scale back in proper form?

Best Answer
I'm sorry to hear about your scale. In my case, the scale was defective from the time of purchase. My resolution involved a replacement from Fitbit under the warranty. In the regard, they seemed very good. Unfortunately, I don't know any other tips to try to get your scale to work properly. If it is still under warranty, I recommend contacting Fitbit. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
#Ronin62 I just received my Aria a week and a half ago and just now it's saying that the battery is medium. When I was first setting it up, I kept having to remove a battery and replace it, and I noticed that one of them, the spring was messed up, and wouldn't keep it in place well. Maybe this is why I'm having issues. I'll call support and see if they can help. I also have a new Charge HR that's a week old that doesn't hold charge well. Strange.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My aria scales have been playing up and draining battery for a few months now. I have contacted customer service who are now talking about a year's warranty and as mine are over twelve months old (probably around 8months old), I'm thinking I will just get a simple "there's nothing we can do" statement in return. The aria scales are a great product and one that i have recommended to many but on the current performance of the scales and responses from customer service, I will struggle to recommend them again without an added caveat that people should be expecting them to last for twelve months and no more. For the price they are, they are investment, not a once a year consumable and as such, I think that is totally unacceptable. Hopefully I'll hear from customer service soon with a positive response.
Best Answer
I did manage to resolve our battery drain issue by moving the scale to a
place that has a better signal to our modem. It appears that, in our case
at least, after one of us would weigh ourselves, if it didn't successfully
sync it would then continue to turn on throughout to day to try to sync.
Since moving it, we haven't had any battery drain issues.
Jenny
Best Answer

Mine just started the battery drain when I put in new ones a week ago and just died. I've had it over two years and this was it's third battery change. So frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has stopped draining.   After having drained one set of batteries in under two weeks, I replaced the batteries and this set has been going strong from almost a month. All I did was

1.  Make sure the batteries are well seated.

2.  Turn the scale over and push in each foot  as far as it would go 5-10 times

I think that one of the feet had gotten stuck partially in and it kept thinking someone was stepping on to it.

Best Answer
Thanks for the tip! Even though we seem to have resolved our problem, I'm
going to double check our feet in case that is part of our issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the tips - I have now linked to the network extender to limit the range for syncing and have cleaned off the feet etc to make sure they aren't getting stuck. Fingers crossed, they'll last a bit longer otherwise hubby has threatened to throw them in the bin. Customer Service have been no use - just a "sorry" and "thanks for being a fitbit customer"!!
Best Answer

I too have an Aria. Now its batteries won't last more than a week. Nothing has changed at all in set up or system. It seems to think someone is standing on it. If I lift up on the top it seems to get OK. Possibly a weakening of the sensor support or a sudden inability to zero itself. This is unacceptable for  such an expensive scale. With so many reporting the same issue, it isn't an annomaly. That makes me wonder if the rest of the tech is reliable.

Best Answer

I figured out the issue with my Aria, sort of. The top was slightly dirty and the Aria was in my bathroom near the tub (not much room in the bathroom). I cleaned off the top, moved it to another room with a hard floor, and put new batteries in. Now it's working normally.

Best Answer

I have cleaned it and tried just about everything else. It hadn't been moved and worked perfectly for over a year. Batteries lasted about 6 months. I do find that after I step off, it still asks me to step off like it senses weight. I lift up on the top and it then reports the weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Fitbit Surge and the clasp broke. Poorly designed.  Simple fix as a new clasp. Instead, they shipped an entire new watch. Nice, but I'd rather have a product that holds up and works.

Now, my Aria scale eats batteries like ravenous teenage boy coming home from a day at school.  It's been more than a year and customer service has no solution.

I'm afraid I see a common thread with Fitbit.  They sell cheap crap that has little chance of surviving expected use.  

Solution, don't buy there overpriced crap. 

Best Answer

Ditto.  The product is rubbish and the customer service is useless - emails badly cut and paste from a template - I bought mine in the UK so will try and get a refund under consumer protection legislation on the basis that this is an inherently faulty product. 

Best Answer

This seems to be a very common problem and they won't admit to a design flaw or manufacturing defect. They'll offer a discount if your product is beyond the one year warrenty.  As or me...I'm not going to spend $100 every coulple of years for a bathroom scale.  I'm VERY dissappointed.

Best Answer

While my battery life was better earlier, though not that good even then, now it is very bad. The last time i changed the batteries i used the scale about 5 times and didnt use for 23 days. The batteries were completely dead when i tried after this. Hence, the brand new batteries had a life of only 5 weighings. 

I wonder if this is a manufacturing/ design defect as it appears that many users have this problem. What is the solution other than scrapping the Aria and buying another weighing scale? My scale is past the warranty period. 

Best Answer

same issue with mine 

worked great until the original batteries died now i'm screwed i guess.  keeps going into setup but has a good signal and connected to network just fine.  Asks me to step on for no reason....

so disappointing.

Best Answer