Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria doesn't turn off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria runs almost all the time and won't turn off.   It switches between different messages such as "please step on" to "sensing" and others when no one is in the room.  It does occasionally stop but not for long.  It eventually wears its batteries down doing this within a few days.

I've tried cleaning off the deck and obviously changing batteries but I'm at the point of just throwing the thing out.  

Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Hi,

I wouldn't say it is working great. I would prefer not to have to lay it on
top of a blanket to keep it from continuously be on but I guess this will
work until I can purchase a new one. Can't say that I will be purchasing
another Aria 😞

Thanks
Carmen
--
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gata213 In case your Aria still experiences the issue, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team so they can review your warranty status and find a solution for you.

Feel free to get back if any question arises my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted customer support with this same problem. They said sorry it's not working and it's not under warranty. That's it -- not a single suggestion of how to fix it or any help whatsoever. Last Fitbit product I buy. I wasn't looking for a replacement but an idea to try to fix a scale that is barely out of warranty. Very unhappy with this response
Best Answer

FWIW  

Our   unit was out of warranty  by  3-4 months and fitbit replaced it.

Contact them again  and mention this !

Best Answer
They replaced mine also and it was out of warranty. They only asked where I had purchased it from, which was dick smiths.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thank you for this information!  

I am having the same issues.  I called and within a very short time they had an order placed for replacement. 

Two thumbs up for FitBit customer service!!!!!!!

Best Answer

My scale keeps turning on randomly- if I walk near it the scale starts up which is annoying at night. I got this over a year ago and I don't know what I can do. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TravelinGal Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you received a replacement unit. Thanks for sharing your experience.

@Judzer Thanks for participating in the Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale turns on all of a sudden even you're not standing on it. Please take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, please make sure that your Aria is placed on an even and flat surface.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Take out 1 battery. Wait 15 - 20 seconds. Replace battery. This method worked for me.

Best Answer

@Maureen-5 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I really appreciate your help and contribution. I'm glad to hear that replacing one battery helped you to get this issue resolved. I'm pretty sure this will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria scale experiencing the same issues shared in this discussion.  The scale does not appear to turn off.  Various messages flash and I can see that the screen stays illuminated.  The result is that the batteries drain and I eventually get the battery symbol with the line through it.  I've replaced the batteries three times in the past month - the last set of four batteries were purchased brand new from the store the day I put them in, so I am positive they were good.  These most recent batteries only lasted a week. With fresh batteries, the scale otherwise works.  My scale is out of warranty.  I called customer support a few days ago and was told I'd have to buy a new one.  Was hoping there was a known solution to deal with something that is clearly commonly happening with these.

Best Answer
Turn you scale upright against a wall for a while and when you are not using it. Eventually it corrects itself - this worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this tip! I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to clarify my experience: I did not replace it with a new battery. I took out 1 battery on an outside edge, waited 20 seconds, and put the same battery back in. The scale then worked. If it's digesting your  data it might take a brief moment or two.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We love our Aria but at this rate the battery usage will bankrupt us .. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, get rechargeable batteries! You'll save money and they are better all around. 

Second, till the scale on it's side so it stands against a wall nearly flush. For some reason this worked for me after a while and the scale has been working properly. The scale should power off when it's not flat. 

Good luck. 

J

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed it myself. Talking the batteries out doesn't solve the core issue. It appears to be a sensor malfunction. Leaving the scale on its side for a while fixed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be happy FitBit had a sense of responsibility for selling a shoddy product when you experienced issues. Mine went haywire a couple of months (4 months, to be exact) outside the warranty period of 365 days and I was S.O.L. I am getting rid of all my FiBit products because I'm so disgusted by the company. They know they have an issue and won't stand behind their name or product - there are too many competitors out there that I can throw my money at (and they just might care).  #expensivetoy 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did what they advised, and my aria scale works great now.
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Turn it on it's side for a while and it should work fine. It's a shame it stops working in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer