Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria has stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Nothing has changed with Wifi. It synced a week ago and suddenly stopped syncing. All requirements for wifi protocol and password are correct. I have tried about 20x now over the last 2 days to reconnect with wifi. All I get is wifi err! My iPhone sees the Aria scale and the home wifi but they just won't talk to each other!

I have even tried new batteries in the dang brick of a thing. Very frustrating. Fitbit devices seem to run fine one minute and crash the next for no rhyme or reason. My Fitbit Charge HR died just over a month ago. Customer service was very swift to replace that item.

Anyone have any ideas?
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

@Jjthfuture I totally understand your frustration and I appreciate your comments and feedback. I will sent your feedback to our team. This issue is being handled by our team and an update will be released. We don't have a timeline when this issue gets fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a follow up to my Aria sync problems, I recently managed to get it working again. I returned my Withings/Nokia scale due to their removal of the pulse wave velocity feature (which never worked anyway). Before buying a new scale I decided to give the mothballed Aria one last go (I have a different WIFI setup now) and miraculously it worked. I keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't suddenly decide to stop syncing like last time but so far so good.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for giving one more try to your Aria scale and it's working properly again! Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you'll be able to share your experiences, meet more people and start your own topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria also stopped syncing at the beginning of April 2018. I believe April 6 or 10. My husband did put in a replacement router so it's possible that is the reason. How do I disconnect my aria from the current wifi and select another, I believe he may have created a guest wifi and it's possible that the scale is not on the right wifi signal now. If I delete and re connect my scale will my memory be saved? Once it reconnects to the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
In a perfect world you should be able to just go the www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start and do if just like you did the first time. And I really do hope that works for you.

However, if you have Comcast, and the set up doesn’t work and you get the wifi err message, you will be back on these boards looking for solutions, and trying everything that doesn’t work and will be frustrated.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had the same problem, though connected to the Network Aria would not sync. Firstly ensure that your Encryption Settings Security Mode is WPA2-PSK and only this, with WPA Encryption Mode set to AES in your Modem/Router setup. I did not have to change the password I was using and all connections around the house worked fine with it. I had changed it a while back for another purpose and the Aria worked for a few months with the new setting but stopped syncing a week ago. I did all the resets and then by changing back to the WPA2-PSK Security Mode with AES WPA Encryption Mode it has started syncing to the Network again. My suggestion is, ensure correct Security Mode, then a reset and hopefully that will solve the problem as it did for me. I am running V39 on the Aria by the way. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the Withings scale transfer data to the Fitbit app?  Just curious.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes