Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting to my Comcast router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria design issue

My aria scale is dropping wifi. Fitbit customer service says that it is a Comcast wifi problem. At my house we have 4 laptops, 2 printers and aria using the IEEE 802.11b 2.4 G. The aria scale is the ONLY one dropping off of wifi. Comcast sent a tech to my house - all equipment is working fine. FITBIT is saying that it is Comcast issue but Comcast is asking me do I have issues with other devices. There are none. FITBIT solution is for me to go to Comcast router WEB and reset IEEE 802.11b off of it's setting and reset back. This does works for one day. Then the aria drops wifi.

I believe the scale has a design issue and the FITBIT should replace my defective produce with one the works or give me a refund. FITBIT said I can purchase aria 2 (which I think does not have the issue) from them and get free shipping. I believe that the scale has a design issue and Fitbit would replace my produce or refund my money.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting with your Comcast router. Our team is aware of the syncing issues with Comcast router and they're looking into this and are working to find a solution soon. We don't have a timeline of the fix. However, we expect the fix soon.

I really understand your frustration and I appreciate your feedback. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having issues with aria since upgrading my Comcast router. you stated that fitbit is looking into a fix for this issue will this fix if it is ever complete be pushed to all users or do I need to get on a list. Please advise 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit and the problem seems to be in the Comcast Router. The 2.4G needs to be set to 802.11 /b/g/n. The "b" protocol is the one that works with the Aria. 

Here's the first fix:

Regarding the inconvenience that you've been experiencing with your Fitbit Aria, we'd like to let you know that recently Comcast/ Xfinity sent out an update to their network , where the 802.11b protocol was canceled out and this is the reason why your scale stopped syncing. Although your network settings shows that you have this protocol enabled on the 2.4GHz frequency, this may not be the case.

We've received an update from our engineers and they've created a work around that might fix the inconvenience that our customers are experiencing with the Aria scale and Comcast/Xfinity routers.

In order to do so, we'd like you to follow the instructions below:
  • Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit WiFi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save.
  • Stand on scale

I was unable to choose the "b" and this is the message I recieived:

Before we continue, we want to thank you for the time invested to follow the instructions provided. As we mentioned previously Comcast changed the default WiFi settings and since you indicated that your router just have the protocol 802.11n, so in this scenario your scale won't able to connect to your network the Aria scale is only capable of connecting to wireless routers using the 802.11b standard, which falls into the 2.4 GHz frequency band. However something that we can recommend you is contact to Comcast and ask if there's a possibility to change your router's protocol to  802.11b or in  mixed mode 802.11 b/g/n separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies into unique SSID (network names), and connect specifically to the 2.4GHz, which allows for 802.11b.

Once those changes have been made you'll need to repeat the setup process.

I have not yet contacted Comcast to see if I can get the "b" standard added.

Good Luck and thanks to the Fitbit technical team for helping with this.

Best Answer

I have one questions for "FITBT".  WHY  DO I HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING ON THE ROUTER TO GET YOUR SCALE TO WORK? WILL FITBIT PROVIDE HELP WITH PROBLEMS IF ANY OTHER PRODUCTS STOP WORKING AFTER I MAKE THESE FITBIT SUGGESTED CHANGES??  PLEASE PROVIDE DIRECTION BEFORE I MAKE CHANGE TO AN IEEE STANDARD!!

Best Answer

@Jerry112014 Thanks for joining us in this thread! Please try the workaround that shared @patcady. These troubleshooting steps have been helpful to many Comcast users.

@patcady Welcome aboard to the Fitbit forums and thank you for sharing the workaround mentioned above. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

@SunsetRunner Regarding your question, the Aria scale has some connection requirements, which consist in having the router to run the protocol 802.11b or b/g/n. The other devices that connect to your network shouldn't stop working if you make changes to your network. You can contact your Internet service provider if you need help with the router changes.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I connected an old router with the “b” standard as part of my LAN dedicated to the scale. Hope there’s a software fix for the older scale but can’t blame Fitbit for changes made by Comcast to the standard. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and it's very frustrating. Thank you For suggesting the work around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome!

Best Answer

@patcady Thanks a lot for your feedback! This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

@JenelleH I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! If the workaround that shared @patcady didn't get your Aria scale connected, our team is aware and they're currently looking into this issue. We don't have a timeline for a fix. However, they're actively working and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I'll be around if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I exchanged several emails with Fitbit on the comcast synching issue.  I also pointed out to them that the instructions they are giving are no longer relevant because now the only way to get into the comcast router is via the IP address.  I tried the changes several time to no avail.  They did admit that this is no longer working and advised synching via my phones hotspot.  They promised to continue to work with comcast to solve the problem.  Not sure if they will or not but synching via the hotspot is sort of a pain so I doubt I will go that route.  Fitbit will need to come up with a firmware fix.

Best Answer

Don't hold your breath.  this has been a problem and it appears that Fitbit isn't going to fix it.

Best Answer

@techgirl233 @npclark56 I appreciate your feedback. Our team is looking into this so a fix can be released soon. I really appreciate your understanding and patience with this.

Let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m one of the many people that have been issues with the new Comcast router not allowing the Aria scale to connect.  I just wasted almost 2 hours on the phone with them and got nowhere.  So frustrating.

Best Answer

I recently upgraded my Router & now seem to have difficulty connecting my Aria.  I just wanna know if any solutions have been discovered?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have given up.  I’ll keep waiting for Fitbit to provide a firmware update  but as I said before, don’t hold your breath.  

Best Answer

@momarbonz @npclark56 Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I really appreciate your patience with this. Our team will release an update when the issue gets fixed.

@Nesto49 Thank you for joining us in the Fitbit Community! I would like to know if your new router is a Comcast. Also, besides changing your router, were other changes made to your network? Such as router settings or WiFi password.

See you later Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the same issue everyone with a new Comcast router is having. Seems Fitbit could come up with a fix quicker than it has as there are a lot of people with their product that can’t use it as intended. All I’ve heard is they are working on it. But they have been working on it for months. Maybe a new team needs to step in

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

Yup.  It’s Comcast & I did change name of WiFi but not PW

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jerry112014 @Nesto49 I totally understand your frustration about this and thank you for your feedback. Our team will update when a fix is release.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes