Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting to my Comcast router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria design issue

My aria scale is dropping wifi. Fitbit customer service says that it is a Comcast wifi problem. At my house we have 4 laptops, 2 printers and aria using the IEEE 802.11b 2.4 G. The aria scale is the ONLY one dropping off of wifi. Comcast sent a tech to my house - all equipment is working fine. FITBIT is saying that it is Comcast issue but Comcast is asking me do I have issues with other devices. There are none. FITBIT solution is for me to go to Comcast router WEB and reset IEEE 802.11b off of it's setting and reset back. This does works for one day. Then the aria drops wifi.

I believe the scale has a design issue and the FITBIT should replace my defective produce with one the works or give me a refund. FITBIT said I can purchase aria 2 (which I think does not have the issue) from them and get free shipping. I believe that the scale has a design issue and Fitbit would replace my produce or refund my money.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112

HelloSmiley Wink

I do have same problem setup on an aria fisrt time . My advice to you contact customer service comcast tell them you will like to setup your routers gateway to 802.11 b/g/n. If I right yours routers was running on 802.11 g/n were not support aria . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Babo69 wrote:

HelloSmiley Wink

I do have same problem setup on an aria fisrt time . My advice to you contact customer service comcast tell them you will like to setup your routers gateway to 802.11 b/g/n. If I right yours routers was running on 802.11 g/n were not support aria . 

I already tried that - it did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nesto49 @Chayla45 Thank you for getting back! Our team is still working on it. I recommend keeping track of this thread for any updates.

@Cindy971 @ESaltNH @npclark56 @karenmf I'd like you to take a look and follow Kate's post, where she shares a workaround for this issue and an update specifically for Comcast users.

@patcady I want to follow on your case. Did the workaround that was shared previously work?

@Babo69 Thanks a lot for your help and advice in this thread!

@JayHudRySky Welcome to the Fitbit forums and it's great to see you here @scaleuser100! Please check out Kate's post and follow the workaround she shared which is specifically for Comcast users.

@Artmoves I'm so glad to hear that @patcady's workaround helped you to get your Aria scale connected properly.

Let me know guys if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I too am having trouble connecting to my Comcast router. I recently changed the name of the home network and had to reconnect all my devices. The only one that won’t connect is my Aria scale. I tried multiple times from my phone and iPad with no luck. Tried from my laptop but the set up window will not open wide enough for me to see the information. Frustrating!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angela527 I see that you joined our Community recently. Welcome aboard! Please follow the workaround that shared my friend Kate in her post, specifically for Comcast routers where she also mentioned an update for this issue.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  That workaround did seem to do the trick.

UPDATE 6/18/18

Its NOT WORKING againMan Sad

Best Answer

@Nesto49 I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working now! Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can tell your stories, meet more people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which workaround did you use? I’ve tried so many times and haven’t had any
success.

Thank you,
Bonnie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Used an old modem on the network

Thank You,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I wish I could use an old router. Comcast upgraded our router and we had
to give the old one back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just another fitbit product that conveniently breaks when the newer version comes out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try a garage sale or eBay or goodwill. Doesn’t have to be Comcast or very new to be networked - just need the b protocol.

Thank You,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  It worked for months and then it went away.  I sent support my logs and they tell me the same thing...contact Comcast. It isn't a Comcast problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@momarbonz @pmnery @Marmee It's great to see you guys here! I totally understand how you feel about this and I really appreciate your feedback. Our team is currently working in order to have a fix soon. An update will be public as soon as our team find the fix to this issue.

@patcady Thank you for your help and contribution my friend!

Let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, it's not syncing again.  I had to manually enter weight into fitbit app.  This is nonsense

Best Answer

@Nesto49 Thank you for getting back! Please take a look at the post that I shared in this thread where I mentioned an update for this issue.

Keep me posted in case you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit how are we going to access the update if we cannot connect to Internet? I tried the work around posted by Pat Caddy and my scale worked for a little while and then Comcast push out an up date and it stopped working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenelleH Thank you for trying the workaround that was advised previously! Regarding your question, the update I meant is about an update from us since our team is currently reviewing this issue and once there is an update or solution available, the update or notification will be posted in this thread.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the change to my WiFi network yesterday. The scale actually
connected.
Woke up this morning and weighed myself. Scale shows WiFi with an ‘X’.
Tried twice going through all of the steps. Big surprise, WiFi error.
Double checked the router settings. Still show the correct settings. For
kicks and giggles, I reset the settings. Set up Aria again, still WiFi
error.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@momarbonz Thank you for the update and I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is still unable to connect to your WiFi. Since you mentioned that you changed your WiFi network two days ago, I would like to know if your router is a Comcast.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes