Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting to my Comcast router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria design issue

My aria scale is dropping wifi. Fitbit customer service says that it is a Comcast wifi problem. At my house we have 4 laptops, 2 printers and aria using the IEEE 802.11b 2.4 G. The aria scale is the ONLY one dropping off of wifi. Comcast sent a tech to my house - all equipment is working fine. FITBIT is saying that it is Comcast issue but Comcast is asking me do I have issues with other devices. There are none. FITBIT solution is for me to go to Comcast router WEB and reset IEEE 802.11b off of it's setting and reset back. This does works for one day. Then the aria drops wifi.

I believe the scale has a design issue and the FITBIT should replace my defective produce with one the works or give me a refund. FITBIT said I can purchase aria 2 (which I think does not have the issue) from them and get free shipping. I believe that the scale has a design issue and Fitbit would replace my produce or refund my money.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112
Yes, it is a Comcast router. I verified the settings on the 2.4ghz.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@momarbonz Thank you for letting me know more details about your router! Since you have a Comcast router, please keep an eye on this thread since an update will be posted in that thread when a solution is available.

Thank you for your patience with this!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

This workaround seems to have only worked once.
So if an update to fix this becomes available & the Aria isn't able to connect VIA Wi-Fi, what the hell can you do?
Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

@Nesto49 Regarding your question, I'll update the thread mentioned above and follow up in case your Aria is still unable to connect to your network.

Best Answer
Well, there was a Fitbit update. Completed the update thinking that maybe
it would fix the network issue with my Comcast router.
No, after trying three times in two days, still getting ‘WiFi err’.
So now, I cannot even use the scale at all because it wants to go into the
setup. How lovely. This is definitely my last Fitbit item.
Done.
Best Answer
Personally, I am just going to stop buying Fitbit products all together. I
have had 2 watches DIE on me because of updates, and now this. When I
complained all I was offered was a discount on new products. Why would I
want to buy something new if the company has proven that it doesn't care
about taking care of its current customers?
Best Answer

Hi Juan,

What is “ACTIVELY” being done about this issue? It there a timeline for resolution? Can Fitbit just undue it’s last update until the is rectified?

I know in my field of work our IT department would never let an issue like this go unresolved. They would walk the update back until the bugs are worked out. How is this ok for a TECHNOLOGY company?

Best Answer

Agree!  I will not buy anymore fitbit products!!

Best Answer

@momarbonz @pmnery @Chayla45 @Hifg I definitely understand how you feel about this issue and appreciate your feedback. We don't have a timeline about when a solution will be available. We'll make sure to post an update in this thread.

I appreciate your understanding!

Best Answer

I gave this months to be fixed.  Just spent 30 minutes trying 3 different times.  Obviously, FitBit doesn’t care about its existing customers.  I have noticed that there are more versions of fitbits being marketed.  I had my eye on the Versa but no thanks.  I refuse to buy from a company that doesn’t care about the existing customers.  More important to sell new fitbits and get the revenue from them.

Best Answer

They definitely do not care about existing users.  We paid for the product and now they are done with us.  This is not the only forum post about this particular issue.  It would seem that this is a pattern for the company.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Really? They STILL didn’t address this issue?!?!??! Man, imma switch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@momarbonz @scaleuser100 @Nesto49 I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your Aria scales. Your feedback and comments are appreciated and were sent to our team.

Best Answer
I would just like to see it fixed, that’s all.
Best Answer

The only thing we will see is a few more messages from the mods every 2 months or so offering an empty promise that something will be done about this.  If it could be done, it would be done.  If they wanted it done, it would be done.  There work concluded when we bought the scale, they do not stand behind their product.

Who on the team though?  Are they receiving the literal last 2 years of this issue?  If they are receiving are feedback why is it being ignored?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@momarbonz @scaleuser100 Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the problem is not comcast.  The problem is with the aria, it only supports 802.11 b.  (ancient technology) so everybody blaming comcast because they improved there router and took out the 802.11b standard has got it wrong.  Fitbit needs to come up with a firmware fix to allow newer standards. 

Does the aria 2 still require the 802.11b also?

Its been almost a year since this problem has surfaced, however nothing from fitbit.  come on.  Do you really want to keep customers?  

Maybe you should look into what the hell is wrong with your product.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jodi.gaut We’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers.

We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

Regarding your question about the Aria 2, please check out this help article, which lists the router settings that the Aria 2 requires.

I'll be around if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone at Fitbit has been getting paid to work on this solution it might be time to let them go.  Its been years now.  I am sure they were dedicated to their work but unfortunately they have not been able to produce reasonable results within an acceptable time frame.  I do hope you wish them luck in the future.

I might actually buy another Fitbit product if they would just once own up to the fact that they made a poor product and did not have the courage to own that but are now trying to be a more responsive, transparent, and accountable company.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scaleuser100 Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Best Answer
0 Votes