Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not syncing my info to the app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My scale is showing that it's syncing and I can see my weight in MFP, but not in my fitbit app. It shows the last time it's updated was 4 days ago. What can I do to get this to update?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

I’m having the same problem as everyone else here!! Still looking for a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same thing and no error messages! Very frustrating! In addition to the problem my watch no longer displays text messages. Yes, my settings are correct to allow this feature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any resolution to the aria not syncing to the app?   Ive tried everything offered and it still doesn’t work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m still dealing with the same issue. I contacted Fitbit so I’ll see what happens. Will post updates.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks.   No.  The information isn’t recent.   It stopped syncing to both the website and app early March and I’ve done everything suggested to no avail.   This is very aggravating since reading some of the other reviews from more than a year ago who have had the same issue.   Why is Fitbit taking so long to resolve the issue? For such a high priced scale this item should work for more than 1 year!!!!

Best Answer

I agree, I work on this at least a couple of times a month, still working on it, will try again tonight 

Best Answer
Hi All,

I get the WiFi error on my scale which prevents it from syncing. I’ve tried everything to make it work bu it hasn’t had any success. I contacted Fitbit and I pasted their response below. I will follow their instructions later tonight and post the outcome.

From FitBit:
“We appreciate that you changed the batteries and tried to re install it.

When your scale displays "WIFI ERR" at the end of setup or you see “Oops, Something Went Wrong” on your mobile device, this means that your Aria has been unable to communicate with your router. This occurs most commonly when the network password is entered incorrectly or the router's configuration is not properly configured to allow for connection with the Aria®. Here are the possible causes you're getting the "WIFI ERR":

1. The password might be incorrect for your WiFi network. Please make sure to enter the correct password
To verify the Wifi password on a Mac, visit this page for instructions: https://discussions.apple.com/message/22125538#22125538-
To verify the Wifi password on a PC, visit this page for instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/networking-and-connectivity/how-to-find-your-wireless...
2. Wireless mode is not configured to allow for 802.11b connections (Note: most routers are capable of 802.11b, but not necessarily configured this way). Or if your router is a dual-band router, you should separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz into unique channels and connect specifically to the 2.4GHz, which allows for 802.11b. Please contact your internet service provider to confirm those settings
3. Cache and cookies may be storing failed setup attempts in the browser. We recommend you to clean your browser's cache and cookies before trying to up your Aria again
4. The scale is too far from the router, make sure the scale and router are within 10 feet
5. The scale is connecting to the router through a network extender
7. The setup computer is connected to the router through an ethernet cable, rather than wirelessly
8. Network password exceeds 31 characters. (Please verify that your WiFi password and your WiFi's name don't include any non-alphanumeric characters (such as ! or &)
9. The network is using a WEP-Shared security key

After confirming the above, attempt to complete the setup process again. You can do this by proceeding through either of the setup methods detailed at http://fitbit.link/nncet or by watching the video at https://www.youtube.com/embed/Htkvb0oLrpU.

If after trying both methods you encounter difficulty during the setup process, reboot your router by simply unplugging the router or modem from the power outlet and then plugging it in again.

If you're still unable to complete the setup process, please feel free to get back to us.”
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to hear about the syncing issues you are experiencing with your Aria scales. Please try the troubleshooting steps that shared @Dcuriel since this a recommended workaround for this type of issues.

Also, let me know what is brand, make and model of your routers.

Keep me posted on the outcome guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all,

I was having Syncing issues with my phone app as well. What I did was reset the WIFI settings. I finally did it today.

I logged on with my laptop to the fitbit site

I made sure Aria had permissions to access fitbit (Settings/Applications)

Go to: www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start

Add the Name and Initials

When prompted, look WIFI look for ARIAxxxx (it will have some numbers)

This will be located in your bar at the bottom right of your screen next to your sound icon, time and date.

Change your wifi at this time (I found if you did it at the wrong time, you couldn't connect to the page, I just repeated this step)

Add your wifi settings as requested.

Connect and your done.

Hope this helps, this was a very frustrating and time consuming effort (took me nearly and hour).

Best Answer

Thanks for posting this. I tried it all. Nothing worked. Going to shut the modem off and turn it back on. This is very frustrating!  Nothing has changed since I bought the scale.  WiFi is still the same everything is, but for the scale failing to do what it is advertised as being capable of doing!  This is so very disappointing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I put new batteries in my scale the other day and it ran the batteries down from trying to connect
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find the Aria wifi?? This is the part I struggled with the most.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaydeeTas I'm glad to hear that your Aria scale connected with your WiFi network properly and thank you for for sharing the workaround that helped you to get your Aria scale connected.

@LMA416 I want to follow up on your case and would like to know what is the make and model of your router. This info will help me to provide the proper solution for you.

@Bartenfeld1971 Thank you for getting back! Please take out the batteries, clean the contacts or springs with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this put a new set of batteries (make sure that they're not rechargeable) and try the setup process one more time. Finally, let me know what is the make and model of your router.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will look when I get home, I will have to buy new batteries as the scale drained my last set of brand new batteries in a day 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all the work around 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bartenfeld1971 Since the batteries keep losing its charge quickly, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if additional questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Corruption in the data from the Aria scale.

I also have the failure-to-sync issue.

In the web UI I see that the data is mangled.

Specifically, I see the weights recorded are off by .1 lbs in either direction.

I don't have updates in the last 2 days - meaning no sync. '

There appears to be a corruption in everything associated with the Aria.

The test managers appear to be letting in bad code so there appears to be no way to track the chaos.

Best Answer

why can't they be rechargable?  I had rechargables in aria & when I recharged them, it connects to the wifi but no sync shows up either on my android or the fitbit web page.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dougga @wb3 It's great to see you guys in the Fitbit forums! Let me go ahead and help you guys with the syncing issue that you've experienced with your Aria scales. Just to answer your question @wb3, the rechargeable batteries don't keep the voltage as the regular batteries do. This is why the Aria might lose connection. I believe that this is not your case though.

Please let me know if you guys have made changes to your WiFi network (router, WiFi password or router settings). Also, let me know if your scales display any error message and finally, let me know what is the make and model of your routers. This information will allow me to get to the root of the issue.

Catch you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Doesn’t matter anymore... Fitbit is junk, I got an Apple Watch which is what I should’ve done to begin with!

Best Answer
0 Votes