Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale - DO YOUR RESEARCH

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Aria is a waste! Do yourself a favor and research Aria "err" and notice that the sensors go bad about the time your 1 year warranty expires. It will tell you to step off and that it's "thinking" and the it will report "err". It works well until that point, but only getting one year out of a $130 scale seems a little nutty!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Same problem - no product support on warranty expiry. Expensive rubbish product. Wrote to Fitbit support and this was the very disappointing reply (my emphasis).

Hi XXXX,

Thank you very much for getting back to us and for the prompt response.

The information provided is really appreciated. We also appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting this issue with us. However, upon checking our system we noticed that your Fitbit Aria is currently out of our limited warranty period, which we could confirm with the information you have provided. For more information about our warranty policy, please visit www.fitbit.com/returns.

Please note that currently we do not have a repair center and our retailers aren't certified to repair any Fitbit product, which is why we do not produce replacement parts. 

Please let us know if you have any other question. We'll be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Nelson S and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not all are defective; I've had mine for 3 years and it is still working. 

Sorry you got a dud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1 year warranty for a product that sits in a safe place and gets used once or twice a month is terrible. With less than 50 uses it fails and **ahem**bit tells you to throw it in the garbage and buy an Aria2. Could you imagine if apple told its customers that after 50 texts you will have to buy a new phone.

It would have been nice if Fitbit would admit their first generation product had design shortcomings and if yours fails from light usage and is older than the 365day warranty you can purchase the current generation model at a reduced price. Maybe everyone should purchase a new aria2, place the old one in the box, return it as defective to the store and let them return the useless junk back to the Fitbit. 

Left with zero customer satisfaction.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AriaisJunkJunk I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is no longer under warranty. I understand how frustrating this is for you and we appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes