Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hate It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale couldn't be connected to your WiFi. I'm also sorry to hear that you decided to stop using your Surge as well. I really appreciate your feedback and comments. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any questions!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

@Hate It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale couldn't be connected to your WiFi. I'm also sorry to hear that you decided to stop using your Surge as well. I really appreciate your feedback and comments. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best Answer

Ok I'm an hour into trying to solve this myself. Hasn't sync'd since moving and getting new xfi modem.

please get firmware update asap, this is ridiculous.

Best Answer

@aprillordrake Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your new router. Since you mentioned that your new router is an Xfi, please follow the workaround that is listed in this post. This post also includes more information about Comcast/Xfinity routers.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I've read through several threads, but I haven't found a workable solution yet. I tried connecting with my standard WiFi SSID and got WIFI ERR. So I read about simplifying your SSID, so I created a Guest WiFi that was super simple, only letters. When I try that, I get a little further, but it says "NO SYNC." What gives?? Come on, Fitbit. Your watches work great, but this scale is practically an oversized paperweight until I can connect it to WiFi. Help!

Best Answer

My research, that if your router doesn't support 802.1b you are screwed  

Best Answer

aprillordrake is correct. Aria 1 only uses 802.11b and Aria 2 can use 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n. But in my experience the important thing is that they all use 2.4GHz frequency.

So even though Fitbit says 802.11b only, I have a 802.11ac router which uses both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies and it would connect to the 2G network (after the usual headache of trying for an hour). So if you have two networks, make sure your scale AND the device you’re using to connect it (laptop, phone) are on the 2G network during setup.

Also worth noting that 802.11n defaults with 5GHz. So if you have a N router you need to change the router to use 2.4GHz.

...otherwise just add your oversized paperweight with mine. It’s currently holding down a pile of papers at the local dump.

Best Answer

Spent 2 hours trying to sync my Aria. For the amount of money spent on this flipping device you would think fitbit cared enough to come up with a better solution than a rediculous response. My scale is no longer syncing or connecting to my wifi. The fact that I am struggling with throwing it out makes me sick. Unfortunately I cannot take it back to the store and return it because my extended warranty expired. Is there a solution for this wifi connecting issue. Last sync date registered 11/4/18. I am with spectrum.

Well I give up and the scale has been deposited to my trash can

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm sorry about the connectivity issues you've had with your Aria scales. We’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now spent an hour and a half trying to connect to my new wifi, and decided to look for solutions, just to read this...

"We’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future."

This is ridiculous.  This answer was from several weeks ago, and there is no fix?  I suppose that I am supposed to go purchase a new overpriced Aria 2.  I am beyond furious.  

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same trouble - new router , scales won’t connect - actually their ‘wifi’ only shows up on about 1 in every 30 searches , and then it just instantly says ‘cant connect to Aria ****** ‘ 

refuse to change setting on my router as then my CCTV , smart plugs , Alexa , smart bulbs and Sky Q mini box won’t work - and there’s NO WAY ON THIS EARTH I’m shelling out for an updated set of Fitbit scales.

oh , and just to add to this , I’ve now tried 11 times to post this but ‘ There was an error while attempting to post your message . Try again in a few minutes ‘

Best Answer

@ChrisWindy @Cookie__Monster Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced while trying to set up your Aria scales. I understand how frustrating this can be for you guys.

Please let me know the following details: Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)? Are you guys getting any error message during the setup process? What is the make and model of your routers? These details will help me to proceed accordingly.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there , I’ve eventually managed to get my scales onto the new router , after maybe more than 200 attempts! Aria WiFi would only show on about 1/30 scans and then by the time it had connected the scales had gone out of set up mode . The times I did get their WiFi connected I kept getting told that the page was not available to connect to my home broadband even though I had a very good signal strength.
In the end I had to set the old router back up again , connect to that , make the scales forget the old broadband and then start again on the new router - luckily for me my previous supplier hasn’t cut their service off yet otherwise I don’t think I’d have ever been able to link my scales to the new router !
So , all in all , 4 days worth of trying all configurations of router / channels / suppliers , and it appears that I’m ready to go - wouldn’t be quite so bad if I didn’t already know that due to a weeks worth of festivities I’ve put on weight 🤣

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Cookie__Monster I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria scale connected. Thank you for posting the update here. I really appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving and don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too was getting frustrated since moving internet suppliers.

I deleted Aria from my Fitbit app, then set it up like it was a new purchase. It then connected on the first setup.

Best Answer

HelsD ... did you lose all your previous data if you delete the scale from your app? 

Best Answer

Just checked and I dont believe I did, any synced weigh ins are definitely saved against your profile however I think my Aria saved a couple of weigh-ins whilst it wasnt syncing, and then sent them over the wifi when it finally reconnected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You absolute bastards. This is totally unacceptable. You must provide a solution or give people their money back. How dare you treat customers with contempt like this. I paid $200 for this scale and it’s a piece of **ahem**. Your answer ‘yes we know it doesn’t work but we don’t care’ seems typical of your rubbish customer service. Next stop Apple. And I’m telling everyone I know to go away with your crappy products

Best Answer

I have the original aria. It still wont connect to my xfinity even after i have followed everyone's suggestions. What should i do now?

We should get our money back then or be compd with something because we spend almost $150 on a scale that we cant use it for the reason we bought it!

Best Answer

Why is this marked as ‘Solved’ when the problem still persists? I have had this problem for more than a year. I have Xfinity WiFi and switching to 802.11b isn’t even an option in 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. Why hasn’t Fitbit sent out an update for their products yet? This is absolutely ridiculous, especially for the amount of money we paid for this scale!

Best Answer