Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Aria accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought and set up my Aria about a week ago. I immeidately noticed that it was reporting my weight about 2-2.5lbs lower than my existing scale. 

Doing an experiement, I placed a 25lb. dumbell on each scale getting 10 readings each. My old scale reported 25.0 -25.1 lbs each time. The Aria reported 23.1 - 23.3 lbs. each time. Since the dumbell is a known weight, to me the Aria is about 7% below what it should be.

I've read elsewhere on these forums about how an individual's weight can vary and how the Aria can report a variance of about 2lbs. In this case, I'm looking at a static weight  in the dumbell. 

While I can understand that I guess, what I have a problem with is consistent underreporting that I am seeing.  

Has anyone else done this type of experiement or observed something similar?

Cheers

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

My scale is just the opposite. I weighed two 40 lb dumbbells which weigh a total of 80 lbs, right? Well not according to the Aria. The Aria says they weigh 83.9 lbs. My scale is 4 lbs to the heavy side and I can not find any way to resolve. My old scale, a $20 Taylor scale, says the dumbbells weigh 80.1 lbs.

Best Answer

That is strange. I guess my 2lbs off isn't all that bad, just don't understand why it has to be off at all especially for static weights. 

Now I am trying to decide if I care enough to send it back. 

Best Answer

I don't either. As an FYI, I just drove to Best Buy and returned the first one. Got a replacement unit and set it up. I weighed myself 5 times to calibrate it and then weighed myself on the old scale right after. Once again, a 4-5 lb variance to the heavy side on the Aria. So then I did the dumbbell test again and on the new scale, two 40 lb dumbbells weighed 83.7 lbs. My opinion ... I am returning the replacement model too now.

Best Answer

@tsnouffer The Aria scale is capable of measuring weights between 20 and 350 lbs. However, its accuracy decreases as it approaches either of these limits. We wouldn't expect the scale to be able to measure something so close to the lower limit with perfect accuracy.

@FOS I believe dumbell weights are nominal, rather than actual. Typically, they will not include the weight measurement of the handles, which is probably the reason for the extra few pounds you saw.

We do believe the Aria to be accurate for measuring human weights to within an accuracy range of 2 pounds.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply Matthew. I guess I will just note that the difference was almost exactly the same as I was seeing when weighing myself, about 158lbs on the Aria and 160 lbs on my other scale.

Best Answer

I wish I had saved the box my Aria came in--I would return it. I started getting suspicious about its accuracy the morning I woke up and according to Aria, I had lost 10 lbs. I stepped on again, and got a more believable reading, but compared to my other digital scale, it was still way off. Yesterday, Aria said I weighed 152.6. This morning? 148.9. My old digital scale: 160. My doctor's scale this morning? 164. Today's FB post will be a warning for anyone considering buying this completely useless scale.

Best Answer

I agree--my Aria states I have lost 15 pounds in 4 days ( I wish).  I am going to put it in a different area of the bathroom and try again, otherwise I will be sending it back.  I am going to dig the box out of the trash right now. LOL.

Best Answer

@cartman250 @aschultz53 I'm sorry to hear that the Aria's readings haven't appeared to be accurate for you. You might check the accuracy tips on this page to see if there's anything you can do to improve that. You'll want to make sure you let the scale recalibrate if it is moved between readings, as well as make certain it is on a hard surface like stone or tile, rather than a surface with resiliency like linoleum or carpet.

Best Answer

I am over this scale as well. After a day of trying to get it to work the next day it showed my weight to be five pounds more then the day before but my cheapie scale says different.  There seems to be one problem after another with this scale. I was really excited about it but now I feel discouraged 😞  SInce I saved the box I quess its going back. I hear everybody having problems and I am thinking I should cut my loses.

Best Answer

Glad it wasnt just me.    When i check my weight in the mornings, my weight fluctuates 2 to 3 lbs over 4 or 4 iterations in just a few minutes ..  Luv the idea of an integrated scale, but the engineering clearly wasnt there yet... i would return it if i had kept the box.

Best Answer

I have same issue except it is over 2lbs.  The Aria scale consistantly is returning measurments at 2lbs over what they are.  (Used dumbells to test on both an old scale and the Aria)

Pretty disappointed.

Please advise how to correct this error.

Best Answer

The Aria is showing 4 lbs over my other scale that I've had for years.  I tested my old scale with 2 - 3lb weights.  It accurately showed 6 lbs.  The weights wouldn't register on the on the Aria.  I will do some more testing with my husband, but doesn't seem promising looking at all the posts.  We will probably end up returning it.  It is hard to see myself weighing more than I actually am. 

Best Answer

@CharlotteM Remember that the Aria will not accurately weigh anything under 20 pounds. You might benefit from checking the tips on this page to be sure your Aria is measuring accurately.

Best Answer

I've done this was 30lbs before to test and it simply is ALWAYS 2 lbs higher...  Is it defective? or is this just the way it is?

Best Answer

If the measurements are consistent, it sounds like things are working as expected. We would not expect the Aria to perfectly match measurements from a different device; there is no way to account for the accuracy of that other device, and each scale will use its own method of weighing.

Your Aria should accurately measure your weight within a range of about 2 pounds.

Best Answer

Consistantly off by 4 lbs for both me and the wife. Weights might be precise but not accurate at all. I might send it back 

Best Answer

It's worth remembering that the Aria is using its own unique method of measurement. You should not expect it to match a different scale, as that other scale is using its own method of measurement, and may have its own inaccuracies.

If your Aria's measurements are consistent, it will allow you to accurately mark progress as you lose or gain weight. For most users, tracking this progress is the important feature of the scale.

Best Answer

Please excuse my frankness, but "own unique method of measurement" as in incorrect measurement?!

Let me restate that I have used precise weights,30lbs to test 2 different scales.

Legacy Scale = registered 30lbs consistently

Aria Scale = registered 32 lbs consistently

It is not acceptable to say, well now you know it is 2 lbs off.  That is like buying a clock and having someone say, well, it runs fast, so just always know it is 5 minutes ahead of the real time.

Please send me the information on how to return this.

Unless, of course, you can direct me to resources to adjust the scale to read true weight.

Best Answer

I had huge issues setting up the Aria.  About 8 hours later we got it done.  I added a user and now it won't allow me to change users.  Accuracy is way off for me too.  I am sending it back today.  Maybe Gen 2 will be better.

Best Answer