Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Soooo I have come across a completely new issue. After what looked to be as though my aria was going flat, I inserted new batteries.

upon doing so the aria now won't display a thing, not even 'ERR'. Just completely blank! 

I have tried several types

of batteries, made sure they were in properly etc. Taken all the advice I've read up on and even what 'customer support' suggest. 

Whats fristrating is the support team ask me to send a pic of the 'ERR' display with other supporting evidence, yet the problem is it doesn't turn on at all, regardless. So they have been absolutely NO help. 

Has anyone got any idea why or how or where I can get the scale fixed/repaired or would it be worth just buying a new one? 

Prior to now I have never had an issue with this device. 

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

This started happening to mine this morning. I also tried holding the reset button but it won't turn on. I tried 5 different sets of batteries.

Best Answer

Same here. I hope that support will pick this up ......

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Boo2u It's great to see you here and thanks for joining us in our Fitbit Community @MatthewJay @BSLOTT! Since have tried taking the batteries out, I would like you to make sure that you are standing still on your Aria scales. Also, make sure that your scales are placed on an even and flat surface and let me know their behavior.

Looking forward to your responses my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.  It was working last week and I just changed the batteries today and I'm getting nothing.

Best Answer

I changed the batteries on my Aria today and it won't turn on too!  I have no idea of what to do next.  I am hoping to read something here to help.  THANKS!

Best Answer

As of a couple days ago, mine won't turn on either; although it synced a couple hours ago and the dashboard indicates its batteries are full. Is Mercury in retrograde or just Fitbit??  Hope support resolves this soon!

Best Answer

@awhlee @sbuchmoyer @SNoteware It's great to have you guys aboard in our Fitbit Community! Sometimes, the contacts where the batteries are placed accumulate dust. Please take out the batteries and clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. Once this has been done, put the batteries back in and check out if your Aria scales turn on.

Let me know how it goes my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Only had aria a couple of days and now not working she is on a flat surface , new batteries etc etc and still nothing 

Best Answer

@Xx56rah Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! It seems that you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps recommended. Please try setting up your Aria scale from scratch. Once the scale is set up, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate your scale and see if the error message disappears.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't set up the aria when it won't turn on / display won't work !!! I'm not sure you read my complaint properly 

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me. Yesterday it said ERR for the first time since I've owned it and today it won't turn on at all despite changing batteries and resetting. Anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Best Answer

@Xx56rah Thanks for getting back and thanks for participating in the Community @AlyD07! Since your Aria scales are not turning on, I recommend taking the batteries again, then clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this, put the batteries back in and see if the display turns on.

Hope this helps my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Have same issue and tried all recommended points.  No luck yet 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mthompson193 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps shared above. I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have additional questions my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery in my Aria died, and not only have I tried resetting it, cleaning the battery connection bit, trying multiple different batteries, it wont turn back on! what do i do?

Best Answer

You hope that you have your receipt and that it's not past one year old for the warranty.  

If you don't have the above, next step is

1. Get out the petroleum jelly

2. Apply as needed

3. Get boned

because FitBit won't help you  

Best Answer

I have this problem too, the scale doesn't turn on suddenly. This is already the second scale which does it. Unfortunately, the two years warranty has expired. Any ideas where it can be repaired?

It seems Fitbit is very poor on hardware. I had THREE Fitbit Surge devices failing. Unfortunately, when the two years warranty has expired, they stopped offering a replacement unit, and it seems they DON'T OFFER ANY REPAIRS. Everything has to be thrown away, and replaced if there is warranty, if there is not, out of luck.

So I guess this is part of the deal at Fitbit, things fail before two years, they replace, and after two years it's just luck if they continue to work. I decided not to buy any Fitbit devices anymore. But still, would be nice at least to resurrect my scale. But maybe it will be like my Fitbit Surge - no repair, no replacement.

Best Answer
You are lucky they only give us 1 year warranty, because they know it will fail shortly after

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My scale was working fine last week and now suddenly won't turn on. I've had it for three years, but I don't understand why it spontaneously gave out 😞 

Best Answer