Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % is wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After using My Aria for 2 months, it suddenly stopped registering the correct body fat. At first my bf was 18.7% and one day when I weighed myself, it shows that I was 9.2% only. My bf lowered 11.5% over night and I knew it wasn’t right. (I weigh myself same time every morning). Also, I know how to measure bf manually using a caliper and 18.7% was right on the money. So what is the fixed for this issue. Obviously, I’m not the only one having this problem. Your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your response, unfortunately It did not work. I tried doing it twice but I still didnot get the right reading on my body fat. Do you have any more ideas?

I don’t know why it says “accepted solution".

Moderator edit: merged reply

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
69 REPLIES 69

@Junpogi Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not tracking your body fat percentage accurately. In order to resolve this issue, please restart your scale by taking the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate your scale and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, unfortunately It did not work. I tried doing it twice but I still didnot get the right reading on my body fat. Do you have any more ideas?

I don’t know why it says “accepted solution".

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Junpogi Thanks for getting back and taking the time to troubleshoot this issue! Since the issue persists. I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have additional questions my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Hello, My Aria started doing this a couple months ago. It would give readings that would mean I was dead, then it stopped giving body fat readings at all and now just says BF? every day. I tried the process you mentioned, weighing myself 6 times to be sure and there was no change at all. Have you come up with a real fix for this? Thank you,
Best Answer
Hello Aimee,
Sorry but I’m still have the same issue like you are having.
I hope they’ll find the fix for this Aria soon. It’s getting to be frustrating.

Jp
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Please try changing your gender from female to male in your profile settings and save the changes. After this, change the gender to female again, save the changes, restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 times in a row again and see if the issue gets resolved.

@Junpogi I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if you were already assisted by our Support team. If so, please let me know what was the solution.

See you both later my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, This did not work either. It is giving a number now, but completely inaccurate- 13, 11, 6, 5, 5, 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps shared above! Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to find a solution for you. Please keep an eye on your email account.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey, @Junpog, I'm no expert but I did experience what you described, where the fat % reading was OK and the starting giving lower reading.

What happened to me was that I made a mistake in my Fitbit app (Android).

Let me describe my error and how I corrected, and it might help you.

In my phone app,

- I went to account screen (top right next the the icon for the battery)

- In the account screen, you should see the Devices you have on your account.

- select your Aria 2 from the Device list.

- In the Aria 2 screen you should see a section General with an option

Users

View Scale Users

- Select Users

- You will now see a list of Scale Users

- Select your name and you will see the options for you user on the Scale.

There are 4 options here.

I made the mistake of switching on the "Lean Mode"

Apart from the irony it FUBR'ed my fat % reading.

It was really annoying as I only intended to enable BMI and had hit "lean mode" because of my chubby fingers.

Anyway @Junpogi, the only thing I could think of when I read your post was that you r user profile for the scale might be set to Lean Mode. If you disable that, the Area 2 will user the "normal" mode.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Best Answer

Is this the Aria or Aria 2? My Aria will change 3% day by day. 

Best Answer
Hi, it’s an Aria. I’m definitely not buying a 2. It doesn’t even list a body fat any more. It only did the 1st few days it started breaking and because it’s over a year old the company won’t replace it. For me, $129 is too much for 1 year of use. Thanks for the suggestions though

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Alfanino Thank you for sharing the workaround that helped you to get this issue resolved! I'm sure that these troubleshooting steps will help other users that experience the same issue.

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! I would like to know if you have restarted your scale since this is a good workaround to refresh your Aria internally. If not, please take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After you've done this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row in order to re-calibrate your scale.

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry to hear that your Aria stopped working properly and it's no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days. I understand your frustration about this.

For more information about the warranty policy, please check out this page.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit, yes I just tried it the other day. I'll give it time and see if it's working itself out.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran into the same issue this morning.

my body fat increase 10% over night. 

Is there a solid solution right now?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I want to follow up on your case. Did the issue get resolved or does it persist?

@peterkuo I noticed that you joined our Community recently. Welcome aboard! Please restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, re-calibrate your scale by weighing yourself 5 times in a row and see if your body fat accuracy gets corrected.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips.

I did the method twice. 

First time is has a 10% jump..the normal reading is between 13-14% and it jumped to 23.5%

I did it again but it is still 5% jump. The reading is 18.4-18.8%.

Is there any other way to make sure it is working correctly?

for a body fay measurement, I don't think the scale should be  re-calibrate.

Any other tips will help. Thanks.

Best Answer

@peterkuo Thanks for getting back! Since the issue persists, I'd like you to try one more troubleshoot that will help me to determine the cause of the issue and proceed accordingly. Please go to your profile settings and change the gender option from male to female and save the changes. After this, change the gender back to male. Finally, weigh yourself 5 times again and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip and I reset the scale again.

But this time the body fat measurements dropped to 5.7%.

Compare to the old measurement(13.4%) that is quite low. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer

@peterkuo Since your body fat percentage is still inaccurate, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes