Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % is wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After using My Aria for 2 months, it suddenly stopped registering the correct body fat. At first my bf was 18.7% and one day when I weighed myself, it shows that I was 9.2% only. My bf lowered 11.5% over night and I knew it wasn’t right. (I weigh myself same time every morning). Also, I know how to measure bf manually using a caliper and 18.7% was right on the money. So what is the fixed for this issue. Obviously, I’m not the only one having this problem. Your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

@JuanJoFitbitMy scale seems to have stabilized. Seems to be working again after trying the reset. Thanks for the advice.

Jeff

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is showing accurate readings again! Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit forums more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Sorry but if it’s over a year old, they are just going to tell you there’s nothing they can do. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

after I reset the wifi, change from the profile from male to female and back to male, and then I set it from regular to athlete and back to regular, it seems working to what it was. However, my partner is using the same scale and he has not run into any issues at all.

Best Answer

@peterkuo I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is measuring your body fat accurately after you troubleshooted as advised previously. I believe there was a little glitch on your user's settings and your scale. However, don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual with your Aria.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Mine isn’t working, someone else posted on this thread

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner There was another user that jumped in the thread. Don't hesitate to get back if you have any inquiry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fat % on my scale can’t be correct.  Everyday for over a year it registers at 40.1 to 40.3.  I’m 5’4’, weigh 142, where a size 6, and am an avid walker.  Im definately not morbidly obese.  However, I carry my weight in my abodem.  Would like to loose 7 lbs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nfoxx Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and help you to find a solution for the wrong readings of body fat that your Aria scale is giving you. If you haven't done so, please restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After you've done this, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate your scale and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

JuanJoFitbit:  why do you keep giving the same advice when everyone invariably responds that it does not work.  Are you a bot?

I have had trouble with all my fitbit devices: changing batteries on my zip, syncing with the Aria, and now messed up body fat.  I think the problem is the overall quality control with your manufacturing, that is because I assume the devices work for other customers

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ddlima I understand that getting the same troubleshooting may be tedious sometimes. However, these are the suggested and recommended workarounds for this type of issues. I appreciate your feedback about this. If you already tried those troubleshooting steps, let me know and I'll be happy to help you accordingly.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to change wifi networks and now I've been having a similar issue. My BMI now reads 33-34 from a previous 9-11. I only weigh 171lbs so I'm far from obeast. 

I tried resetting, pulling and replacing batteries and resetting wifi network over 10 times and it's still the same. Weight looks right but the BMI is way off now. Getting pretty frustrated after spending over 2 hours over the last week trying different things. Please help! Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Herb-L Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate readings, even though you have replaced the batteries. I would just like you to make sure that your Aria is placed on an even surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

If these details are already covered, let me know and i'll be happy to follow up.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Flat tile floor and barefoot.
It worked fine before but after I changed the wifi name the BMI jumped up to over 34!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Herb-L Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can follow up and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Herb.

I experienced the same thing last year. When you mentioned Wifi I checked that since I changed Wifi last summer. For me there's no relation. New Wifi since June. In September my BF went up from 27 to 44 (yes I know) and it stayed there for months. I didn't weigh in for some time and when I started again in December I was back to the 20-ies again. And then since Friday it's up to 44. Overnight! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeinS Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not tracking your body fat percentage accurately either. If you haven't done so, please restart and re-calibrate your Aria by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if your body fat percentage is more accurate.

As a side note, make sure that your scale is on a hard surface and you are standing on it barefoot.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dexa Scan 18.9% FitBit 14.7% fair bit off the mark in my view 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PhilipB325Dub It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! Thank you for sharing your feedback. In case you notice that your Aria scale is providing inaccurate body fat readings, please follow the troubleshooting steps that I shared in my previous post in order to correct the issue.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes