Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat setting for guest

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A guest was added, weight registered ok, how do you add Body fat for guest!? For myself, weight & body fat showed up when I stepped down after initial first weigh in! Anyone have this situation?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I'm afraid it doesn't show BF% for guests:

" If someone who does not have an account linked with the scale steps on the Aria, only their weight will display (body fat % will not appear) and the data will not be shared with anyone or attributed to a user account."

taken from: https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_aria_en_US.pdf

Best Answer

Suzanne M Vanet, Associate Broker

<Moderator Edit: Personal data displayed>

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't understand what could be the possible reasons for Fitbit not showing body fat % for guests? I am guessing that aria calculates body fat on real time and does not take historic data for the same.
Best Answer

@ashishk10 A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Your Aria scale needs gender and height in order to measure body fat. This is why every user that needs body fat to be calculated have to create an account so the Aria scale recognizes the user and provide weight and body fat percentage.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

That is sad, we bought a fitbit ARIA 2 to use on the office. We are 12 people that wanted to use this to measure our body fat. I found a workaround which is remove the user and add the next one from the ARIA. What I would like to have is a guess option that make it easier than this. 

Best Answer

@Eliel Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I really appreciate your interest in the Fitbit Aria 2. The Aria 2 is able to keep 8 users and those users are able to get body fat percentage readings. People that are not registered on the scale are able to weigh themselves and the readings will appear as "Guest". However, body fat percentage won't be measured.

I really appreciate your feedback and comments. Regarding your suggestion, you can go ahead and create a request in our Feature Suggestion board and people with the same idea will be able to vote for it. The more votes your suggestion gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineers and developers.

Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, could you please explain how to link the guest's account to aria? my husband got a fitbit account, he accepted the invitation, he appears on the device page, but we still cannot see his body fat either on the scales themselves or on the device page. How do we fix this? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, could you please explain how to link the guest's account to aria? my husband got a Fitbit account, he accepted the invitation, he appears on the device page, but we still cannot see his body fat either on the scales themselves or on the device page. How do we fix this? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avital_b I noticed that you just joined our Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! Regarding your inquiry, please make sure that your husband is stepping on the scale barefooted and still. Also, if you use the same device to view your Fitbit accounts, please make sure that you log out of your Dashboard and have your husband to log in with his own email and password. After this, check out if he is able to view his body fat percentage.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Hoping you can answer my question. I have registered multiple users successfully, but when they weigh themselves it shows the weight and body fat % on the scales only, and not my app. It showed their first weigh in but every consecutive one does not show on the app. Is this something relating to me being close to the scale with my phone bluetooth? 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

The members that are register will are the only ones that can see their information by default. 

This means than on your app you will see only your information and not the information of the rest of the people registered. They will need to change their account setting to allow the rest of the members to see their weight and fat. 

Or they just can simple check their data on their account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes