Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you setting up from a computer or a mobile device? Step number one if a computer is to make sure there is no ethernet cable attached to the computer so you ensure you are on the wifi network you are connecting the Aria to - if using a mobile device make sure wifi is enabled and you are connected to the "new" router before using it to bring your Aria back on line. Now pull a battery from the Aria for 10-15 secs, reinsert and see if it goes into set up mode, if it doesn't, push the two front corners with your full palms, set up should start.  Let me know how these first steps go...

(It's worth the effort, hang in there)

Surge, Aria, iPhone+

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429

Are you setting up from a computer or a mobile device? Step number one if a computer is to make sure there is no ethernet cable attached to the computer so you ensure you are on the wifi network you are connecting the Aria to - if using a mobile device make sure wifi is enabled and you are connected to the "new" router before using it to bring your Aria back on line. Now pull a battery from the Aria for 10-15 secs, reinsert and see if it goes into set up mode, if it doesn't, push the two front corners with your full palms, set up should start.  Let me know how these first steps go...

(It's worth the effort, hang in there)

Surge, Aria, iPhone+

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer

I have tried both ways and still no connection.  This is terrible.  I will definetly write a complaint with consumer reports.  If you have any other suggestions I appreciate it

Best Answer
After 3 days and lots of hours it finally synced. Thanks
Best Answer

You did it, good job!

Surge, Aria, iPhone6+ (ACMT)

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

I too am so frustrated - I had my set-up all done and working ~ added spouse works for him and now I am guest.  Very poor customer support; and even worse is their set-up directions.  Shame - Shame on you

Best Answer

Someone please help...bought the Aria scales 3 days ago. Spent 3-4 hours each evening since trying to set them up - using my laptop, iPad and even smartphone. I keep getting a 'WIFI ERR' message towards the end of setup. 

I figured this is the last resort. Tried tweeting their support group a few times, no response. The only thing I haven't tried is reconfiguring the settings of the router (it suggests online that ensure that router is configured to  mixed mode to allow for the required 802.11b connection. I live in an apartment building, i have no idea how to play around with the provided CISCO Linksys EA2700 router.

This is the last day I give to sorting this out, it really shouldn't be this difficult to setup. Please help...Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Good morning!

Wait for the Aria to finish it search before leaving the Aria Network to go back to you normal wifi network,

should do the trick (pretty tempting to say "yes I'm connected" while Aria is searching, wait until its done).

Hope this is it for you, let us know how it goes vactive.

Surge, Aria, iPhone6+ (ACMT)

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

So i am in the same prdicament. I have a CISCO router. I can connect to the Aria, then when I log back to my network, it says WIFI error. Not sure what to do from this point

Best Answer

The fitbit software is so **ahem**ty I will just give up on it.

It should be the simplest thing to go into devices and change the wifi name. But no. You have to go through the rigamarol of searching and syncing. Which doesn't seem to work for me. 

I am just rired of this crap. It takes forever to boot. The gps program isn't accurate, and if the energy needed just to set it up was worth it, I'd be at target weight. 

The inability to enter a wifi code without hoops is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Not only that, but I can't even weigh myself on it anymore.

The instructions don't flesh out the information needed. 

I am on a desktop pc. The pc instructions tell you to disconnect. Tried it both ways. One way fails, the other way says there is no network. Of course not. I suspect it works of on a laptop.  But I have a desktop

The instructions say to enter the aria network. Sure, but where, and what settings? The desktop doesn't pick up the arai, and windows 8 is terrible for finding anything.

The aria network connects on my phone, but it sits there alongside my network but no way to marry the two. 

When I go to my dashboard, there its my old network ID. Unfortunately it can't be changed. The most obvious thing. But this is fitbit. 

Somewhere I assume I am missing somethign simple. I was able to set this up in minutes when I got it, but a change of router has made this thing not worth the effort. 

Best Answer

This is the worst experience!  I cannot set this scale up with  my internet connection.  If I do not get helpI am requesting my money back or stopping payment on my card and sending it back.  Terrible experience so far.

Best Answer

It is very frustrating.  I'm having the same problem.  I'm a techy guy and usually can dig around on forums and try enough different variables to get things working but not in this case.  Each weird corner of the internet I find turns up a new potential solution.  When I try that solution, it returns the exact same result: failure.

Best Answer

Are you serious?? It took 3 days and several hours and your reply is "yay! good job!" This is a FAILURE for FitBit, not a cause for celebration. There are far too many posts on this forum with this problem, and every one of them gets the same crap response.

Best Answer
I keep getting these posts and have ignored them up to now, as I do agree
with the last repsonse. Totally unacceptible. And my wife's fit bit died.
We completed all the fixes in place but without result. Finally reported it
to fit bit, and they promptly advised us to do all the things we had
already done.

So we binned them One working, one not. The scale is in th ehouse
somewhere, as It won't weigh anyone not synced to it.

Fortunately a few hundred dollars for a xmas present won't kill me. But I
refuse to spend anymore energy on this product.

Counting my steps doesn't help is I exceed the calorie intake.
Good luck.

Let this thread die. Or not, it doesn't matter to me as it will enter the
spam trap for commercial posts.
Best Answer

I am having exactly the same problem as everyone else here. Old wifi router died, cannot connect new router to the Aria scale. I have watched the video read the help sites. Taken out the battery and started again some 20 times now. Sigh. Not sure what to do next.

Best Answer

Similar thing, new router, scale will no longer connect. Was a bear to connect the first time, so I tried this time for days before giving up and contacting customer service for help. Have been back and forth with customer "service". Their only solution was to tell me that my new router isn't appropriate and I need to configure it to the "required 802.11b connection." Seriously? This is crap.

And the scale won't even weigh me because it's not connected to the wifi. I'm pregnant. I paid a lot of money for the scale. This is horrible customer service, and they shoul keep their products updated to wifi standards, not the other way around. So frustrated and disgusted, really. 

If anyone can tell me how to use the scale without wifi connection, I would be grateful! 

Best Answer

Tried again tonight. Used my android phone. Signal said "very strong" and phone said I was connected to Aria. I clicked the "I'm connected" button. But then THREE TIMES, I wait and wait and wait (15 minutes or more) for "Connecting....." statement on page. Then the message after 15 friggin minutes...."Set up didn't complete." Why, when I have a strong signal, connect with the phone, won't the Aria complete the set up? I replaced all the batteries to make sure I have enough battery power, too. I am so  frustrated with this expensive scale.  

Best Answer

I agree with all the frustration I am reading.  I bought my aria years ago.  I spent days trying to set it up.  It needs to be simplified.  When the battery died in July... I just could not get it to recognize the wifi.  

I love having my weight tracked on the chart, but here it is November and I am fighting to try to resync it to my wifi, which has been changed.  Same service different router.  This is NOT a consumer friendly app.  I have tried the computer set up, the suggestions offered here and don't ask about the mobile option, I can't find it.

In fact, my mobile needs updated and it isn't happening, despite many frustrating attempts!

Best Answer

How interesting!  I received an automated reply  to this saying my Aria IS connected!!!!  Then why does it continue to display the old settings?  This is NOT user friendly.....

Best Answer