Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429

Ok this is beginning to be funny.... Once again, moments after posting my last reply I received an AUTO reply saying I did it.   No one is home and fitbit wants us to THINK they are customer friendly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am away on vacation for 10 weeks and trying to switch my Aria to the Wi-Fi network in the house I am renting -- the instructions are clear, but don't seem to work.  When I "tap" the lower corners of the scale to change the network, it just goes blank.  I have tried this at least 6 times -- I give up.

Best Answer
I like the scale; it just looks like you have to have the same wi-fi connection for the rest of your life.

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer

Actually THIS solved my problem: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/I-ve-made-changes-to-my-network-How-do-I-reconne...  

Instructions were more clear

Thanks anyway

fuzzybill74

Best Answer

OMG what a flaming nightmare getting the fitbit scales set up.  I tried with an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad, Samsung A5, Sony Xperia Z3 and nothing worked.  I downloaded the software, still would not work.  I tried using the web interface with all those devices and still could not connect the the Aria network.  Finally after 2 hours I decided to pull out my old Hudl2, and 3 attempts it finally worked.

Fitbit you really need to sort this out once and for all.  I would not recommend your scales to anyone due to the amount of time it takes to get set up.  Your box says "set up in minutes", however, this is a total fabrication, which I am sure Trading Standards would be interested in your claim.  

Have you considered all the security that new devices carry, i.e. Apple products that will not connect to the scales as they deem the network faulty.  Again I had this report from 4 different devices of Apple, 2 of which are brand new, so I know it is not my end that had the problem.

Working now, but with the agro of setting up, I am very disappointed.

Best Answer

Check my post, use your MacBook...Win! (And vote me up)

Guillaume 

Moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Had to reconnect my scale after I changes my wifi password.  Now my phone connects to the Aria, but the two won't pair.  Keeps saying connecting....

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!!  The only way I could solve it was to download the software to my Mac and connect through there.  Couldn't do with with the iPhone.  Your post about doing it through the Mac did it for me!  Thanks again 🙂

Best Answer

followed all the steps.  This does not work for Windows 10 and Android devices.  I'm not able to delete my existing devises.  Resetting them goes back to my previous WiFi name.  I'm ready to abandon Fitbit.  I've been dealing with this since 10/15.  These devices are suppose to make my life easier.  I don't expect to work on this for hours daily.  Someone please help.  Key:  Windows 10, Android and new Wifi name same router.

Best Answer

SITUATION:

My story is similar to others in that I changed my home router. I tried the following to pair my Aria scale:

REFERENCES:

A. Internet Website setup method = http://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup

B. Aria Setup App = https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria

TESTS:

1. Android Phone: Internet Website setup method - Fail (Wifi Error)

2. Android Phone: Fitbit App - Fail (told me to use the Internet Website setup method)

3. Windows 10 PC: Internet Website setup method - Fail (Wifi Error)

4. Windows 10 PC: Aria Setup App - Fail (Wifi Error)

5. Windows 10 Mobile Phone: Fitbit App (Not Tested)

6. OSX MacBook Pro: Aria Setup App - Success (No Errors)

7. iOS Phone: Fitbit App (Not Tested)

FINDINGS:

Neither the FitBit Website, Android, nor Window PC app setup methods worked properly. When I first purchased this scale, I was able to set it up using a Windows 8 Mobile Phone. However, I no longer have the phone. Of the above 5 tested methods, only the Aria setup app running on my OSX laptop worked correctly.

CONCLUSION:

The issue is neither Android nor Windows devices. The blame clearly rests on Fitbit for pushing out half-baked software and misinformation by telling their customers it's an 802.11b router issue. Without an OSX laptop, I would have a useless $130 bathroom scale.

Fitbit you can fix this. Do as you fitness trackers suggest after a period of inactivity: Get up and Do Something!!

Best Answer

SOLVED.

Go to Wifi logon setup in your wifi router. Make sure the security encryption WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) is ENABLED.

Some newer Routers use a later secure encryption WPA2 which caused the setup to be failed.

This worked for me using Windows computer after many failed setups. I guess this scale uses older Wifi technology and does not support WPA2 encryption algorithms, but it is weird that my scale is still able to logon my router now after I disabled WPA. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
mailto:xmnuz23762.prod|562e0e49|
11409f83-8444-4ecf-b826-af5ca8f41268@reply01.lithium.com?subject=Re: Can't
connect to my new wifi

I wouldn't recommend lowering your wifi security level to accommodate a
bathroom scale. As recommended, find someone with a Mac and run the
desktop application.
Best Answer

Hello all,

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I could NOT get reconnected to my Aria or my Chromecast after a router update (but without same ID). I attempted using Chrome on my Windows 10 computer and I got similar issues as described. The set up wouldn't finish.

Finally on a lark (first on the Chromecast/then Aria) I used my Android tablet. It worked instantly. My theory, Chrome has saved the old network device in its infinite Google data store, most specifically on my Desktop.

Anyway - try a different device or perhaps browser and here's to it working right away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just changed my wifi at home and indeed, I had quite some trouble reconnecting my scales, though I was eventually successful!!   A couple of things seemed to help 

1) watching the video on the fitbit page on this topic .... turns out I was not "tapping" properly

2) I found it connected using my ipad, but not my laptop.   The instructions towards the end did not seem accurate.... I had to fiddle around quite a lot.  I did not get the confirmation that my scales had connected.  I had to put them back on the floor and try to weigh myself again.  Only at that stage did they seem to kick in and properly connect. 

I do think Fitbit should do a better job on instructing us how to do this! It was quite a frustrating experience. 

Best Answer
This is ridiculous. Changing wifi shouldn't be this lengthy. I have tried every suggestion and I will again go to bed pissed at this circular nightmare. Super frustrating
Best Answer
P O S this is self explanatory
Best Answer

I've been unable to connect the Aria to my WiFi for months. Despite 30+ years experience using computers, including 20 years in IT, I cannot get the connection to work. The closest I have come to a successful connection is -after a 20+ minute wait- this error message:

"Oops! Something went wrong. Scale communication error. Please check your wireless connection and try again. Try Again Contact support."

This is ridiculous. Did anybody test this product before bringing it to market?

Solution: I stopped using my $200+ router, downgrading to one that supports 802.11B.

Someone please slap the technical marketing manager and chief engineer who decided to go forward with only 802.11B.

Best Answer
Agreed. I am wondering if I remove it completely and start from scratch, will I lose all prior data? Why doesn't it give you the option to choose your new wireless router instead of Aria? Ridiculous.
Best Answer
I just started try to get this Aria on my new network. I have had the network for a few months. Frustration . This thing is a smoking piece.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my wireless SSID this weekend and have spent the last 2 days trying to get the Aria to connect. I tried both methods describe on the website to no avail. Fortunately I had a Withings scale as well. Took about 5 minutes to get it working. Goodbye Aria. Someone can pickup my frustration at my upcoming yard sale

Best Answer